Author Topic: .: Duurotahr: The Exoplanet :. [WIP]  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Bohimei

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • *Hisses at sunlight*
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
.: Duurotahr: The Exoplanet :. [WIP]
« on: January 20, 2014, 11:26:59 pm »

FIRST UPDATE :D
I am currently on the hunt for more space-ish meshes. Let me know what kind of things you would like to see in Duurotahr :D I am also adding a little secret in the map for everyone too, if you can find it c; Anyways! Here are a few shots of some of the objects which have been placed ^-^ I know it isn't much, but as I find more things worth being placed here and as I receive more feedback, I will add more >w<

Here is the main entrance to lands of the more 'evil' creatures. Lots of death and war wages around here.

The den of the main creatures which dwell here. GIANT SPIDER RUN 4 DAYZ.

The inside further proves their sadism.

Here are some of the Spongey-like Giant mushrooms which grow inside the rivers of tar. They absorb the chemicals in the liquid and release the pure water as moisture around them, which is one of the only sources of water on the planet. Water which condenses on the surrounding stone can be licked off to drink.

Woo moar animals cx

And here is one of our lovely Valfors :D

You are alone, the thick nebulae float endlessly above your head, the intense smell of wet stone fills your nasal cavities. Astrological sounds ring in your ears as binary planets hang in the atmosphere above you. Your sun is set in the sky, dim and low, without even enough energy to make the skies a brilliant blue like it used to. Yet, as the solar winds swipe over the biosphere and the radical temperatures freeze you then melt your marrow within moments, you still remain. One of the few troopers who have evolved to tackle the environmental disaster known as Duurotahr; The Exoplanet.

Welcome to my newest map, Duurotahr. Duurotahr is situated in a very unique state; The state of a planet in it's dying days. This is similar to the fate our Earth would face if the sun would simply burn out into a white dwarf instead of catastrophically expanding to the edge of Jupiter as a Red Giant then slowly burning out. (Yeah, I know, it kinda sucks that we don't get a cool super nova or black hole. :c) Duurotahr has a lot of interesting factors about it, ranging from it's acidic rivers of slick oil, to the intriguing terrains, sister planets and finally, its exquisite view of the surrounding Nebula.

Duurotahr is a massive project, and no doubt will take a long time to complete. But, for now, I will give you a little treat; The soundtrack c:

Click the link below to recieve the soundtrack used in Duurotahr. Legal download from the creators of the game Osmos.

http://createdigitalmusic.com/files/media/podcasts/2010/CDMsounds_Osmos.mp3
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 07:55:29 pm by Komoria~ »

AlphaEclipse

Re: .: Duurotahr: The Exoplanet :. [WIP]
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 11:25:11 pm »
I'm obsessed with this map, and what it's based off of. It looks absolutely stunning in those screenshots! :,D That sky is perfect. This is the first astrological based map I have ever seen. Just my kind of map. +Floof.

Yes, it does kind of suck that our sun will just gradually become large and then fade. :/ If only it would collapse under it's own gravity and become a black hole. x'D

Offline avomeir

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • "What a twist of events..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 04:12:32 am »
This is a beautifully put together map, it looks magnificent so far in those screenies.
I adore the way you put together the sky, such detail and attention to color and contrast, it makes for a very fitting ambiance. Great job, I cannot wait to see it develop further over time. +Floof.
Find me in game on Volaticus.~
Signature - TrinityZiel@dA -- Avatar - Attsos.
Somewhat inactive via forums due to a variety of different things.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 06:45:20 am »
Whoa. Just whoa. The soundtrack is just beautiful and well fitting for such a wonderful and mysterious map like this that has such an epic space theme to it. I don't even know how to congratulate you, but I can say I'm surely looking forward to such a map like this to roam around in. I don't even know how to describe this; this is just simply amazing. Especially since it's going to be so big!

+Floof <3

Offline Bohimei

• Curious Wanderer
  • *Hisses at sunlight*
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 07:52:41 am »
You guys are so sweet :D Thank you so much!! You are really motivating me to move on with this project c: *Huggles*

Offline Bohimei

• Curious Wanderer
  • *Hisses at sunlight*
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 05:01:11 am »
Woo updates :D <3

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 05:08:40 am »
*Flails* Ohmygoshohmygosh Awesome update! I'm dying to see how this map comes out! If I find any space-like meshes, I'll PM ya'~ If I were on my PC, I'd just find a space mesh from the webanets and convert it for ya'. o3o

Offline Bohimei

• Curious Wanderer
  • *Hisses at sunlight*
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 05:21:40 am »
*Flails* Ohmygoshohmygosh Awesome update! I'm dying to see how this map comes out! If I find any space-like meshes, I'll PM ya'~ If I were on my PC, I'd just find a space mesh from the webanets and convert it for ya'. o3o

I love you <3