Author Topic: Usikaa - A Lion King Inspired Map Project  (Read 1648 times)

Offline leda

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • leedle lee my dudes
    • https://rookfox.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
Usikaa - A Lion King Inspired Map Project
« on: November 10, 2018, 05:45:09 am »
I began the making of Usikate Tamaa when FH was uh, hitting some rough slopes not too long ago and I thought this game of my childhood would be shut down or die out at least.  Maybe it still will, hopefully not.  But this cheesy little project is supposed to take on a realistic capture of the franchise that somewhat inspired a lot of FH (at least I think so)- and that is the Lion King.
Usikate Tamaa in itself means 'do not give up.' cheesy, I know.
So by realistic capture I mean that I am going to try and do the whole wildebeast canyon and waterfall and such, but it'll be more realism based rather than based on dryland to jungle.  The mainland, Usikaa plains, will have two smaller camps with one large pride rock.  These camps will be first come first serve.  The map will likely only be open to african based RP's though, as it wouldn't be entirely fair to claim a camp for like, a wolf RP or something?
I would completely stick to the lion king's environment but I also wanted this to be my original work too, and I didn't want someone to get on me if I messed something or something wasn't exact to the movie.  I also just have my strongest points in realism based things.

The meshes featured are both mine and not- I edited them a bit and transferred them in game, but they're just commercial use textures put onto default objects.

I am taking suggestions for future landmarks and stuff, feel free to shoot me some pictures.  Gentle suggestions, not full on 'will you do this for me' requests.  This is for the whole of FH!
I don't have too much done yet, but if you'd like to follow the project, check out my dA @ rookfox.deviantart.com c:

Here is pride rock, or at least something inspired by it.  More camps will be found in the large mainland but of course Pride Rock is the most grand.  Full image here.  https://www.deviantart.com/rookfox/art/FH-THE-USIKAA-PROJECT-771968405

And then here is a few scenes from the wetland.  It has been renamed to Crocsnap Marsh, which doesn't sound as cool but there's not any alligators in Africa and I learned that after a google search and feeling like a dingus because I already posted this.  Oh well! 
This is a very small fraction of Crocsnap, really.  It has transitions from dry grass to more wet areas, it's pretty half and half and I'm trying to blend it well enough.  There are two small camps in Crocsnap.  Full image here. https://www.deviantart.com/rookfox/art/THE-USIKAA-PROJECT-CROCSNAP-MARSH-771968957

Part of the reason I'm sharing this besides getting some hype up is because I am open to ideas, suggestions, reference/inspiration pics etc for new areas to add in.  I would like it to be a genuine map pack and right now there's just the giant mainland and the wetlands.  I don't think I've really asked ideas from the community before but since this was inspired by the community, I mean I gotta ask.

I'll be posting more on my dA, Rookfox, soon.  Hope y'all enjoy ovo
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 05:48:24 am by leda »
find me in game as user leda, or see my feral heart dA, rookfox.deviantart.com !

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Usikaa - A Lion King Inspired Map Project
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 06:21:52 am »
These screenshots alone already have me hyped! This looks like such a promising project <3 I’m really excited to see this come to completion! This will be an amazing map(s) for role plays and I’m certain it will bring in the traffic of many TLKer fans. Wonderful work so far! Good luck with it, you’ve already caught my attention and interest with this project so I’ll be looking forward to the progress updates  <3

Offline gh0ul

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • ~~Son Fett
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 07:43:37 am »
You've done a very good job so far! I bet a lot of people would love to get this map/s. Keep it up, you're doing great <3

<3

PocketMutt

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 01:36:27 pm »
Such a grand scale and a wonderful way to create/explore the landscapes of TLK. Already can tell how much detail went into this (just the Pride Rock itself is spectacular) and I can't wait for the end result !!

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 01:43:17 pm »
Ahhhh, as someone who loves the lion king a lot enough to watch it more than I should, I’m so happy to see this! It looks amazing so far, I’m definitely gonna keep an eye on this.
artwork by dehvina

Offline leda

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • leedle lee my dudes
    • https://rookfox.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 03:45:35 pm »
Thank you so much for all the kind comments!
find me in game as user leda, or see my feral heart dA, rookfox.deviantart.com !

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 12:04:57 am »
What a lovely idea. ^^