Poll

They......

ruined it
34 (87.2%)
D;
5 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Spyro the Dragon: What have they done? D:  (Read 15731 times)

Offline Fussyjason

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Spyro the Dragon: What have they done? D:
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2011, 11:31:09 pm »
WHOOT! GO RUKATA! x3

Offline Robin_Wolfieh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Squawk?!
    • RobinCanisLupus
    • ask-stark-the-narkeen
    • View Profile
    • Imgur
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2011, 01:57:45 am »
Great, now I will have to hope they DON'T ruin another great character.

They already killed two, Crash and Spyro.

Can't this get any worse?

Slightly Off-Topic: Anyone played Metriod: The Other M? I heard it was horrible.

Ayyy~

12dollars

« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2011, 10:11:32 am »
I don't like Spyro design at all in Skylanders, but I have to admit the game looks pretty fun.
I've also never liked Spyros design in A new Beginning and Eternal Night, the face looks too distorted ^^'

Offline Fussyjason

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2011, 01:14:39 pm »
Disorted?!?
Noez, he's too cute! x3
<3

Offline cj2001

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -3
  • UNLEASH THE TROLL WITHIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2011, 05:08:59 am »
gah i hate it when spyro fans complain that spyro is dead bawwwwwwwwwwww he is still the same purple dragon we all love he just has a different design no need to freakin complain. personally.. the fans who complain that spyro is dead and no matter how many times activision tries to make it better spyro is still dead and gone. you are not a real spyro fan

~*~SEEMS LEGIT~*~

Offline Krystal

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Ferals R Us
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2011, 02:06:15 am »
I actually play Skylanders: Spyro's Adventures. I personally don't like the new Spyro, but since I play him often... (I used not to play it: Disliked the design. But then I realized he is stronger than others... Guess I'm stuck with it.) I'm used to it now.

Offline cj2001

• Floof-O-Meter: -3
  • UNLEASH THE TROLL WITHIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2012, 01:53:46 am »
i like the design no matter how much he changes. hes spyro! and is still the same childood hero we all know and love. its just his apperance thats changed

~*~SEEMS LEGIT~*~

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2012, 10:58:00 pm »
gah i hate it when spyro fans complain that spyro is dead bawwwwwwwwwwww he is still the same purple dragon we all love he just has a different design no need to freakin complain. personally.. the fans who complain that spyro is dead and no matter how many times activision tries to make it better spyro is still dead and gone. you are not a real spyro fan
No matter what the subject is in life, there are always going to be critics that complain. I'm complaining. I miss Moneybags and the fuzzy snow leopard cub, and actual good, basic "world wide acknowledged" dragon anatomy. Skylander Spyro - compared to a western dragon that he used to be, sort of - looks like a gremlin. I don't want to be a purple gremlin. This is my view, opinion, and influenced by my preferences.

They really could have done a ton of different things with Spyro instead of doing this. Mix up a bunch of mythology and pit the actual PS1 Spyro or DotD Spyro against an evil, emperor gryphon creature, but this? It's more of an insult to the character in my eyes.

Offline Chibikiba

• Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2012, 01:06:28 pm »
I have been Spyro fan ever since the first time i played Spyro the dragon when i was kid and i actually like Skylanders, i own it for Xbox 360. But i have to admit that first time when i heard about that game and saw what Spyro looked like i swore i will never get that game because it must be really fail xD. I'm glad i got it, it's not that bad. Spyro does look weird but you don't need to play as him if you don't want to.

Idea about the figures as characters is interesting although some of them look really stupid(and that is why i will only get the ones i like). And the price for starter pack(the game, portal and three figures) is not that bad in Finland since here it costs about as much as any other new game. I do wish figures were cheaper, they are about 10 euros per one.

But yeah, i like Skylanders, some of the levels remind me of the old spyro levels(some of the levels fail though, especially the one where you are on plaftform that moves and it has spikes that attack you if you go close, the collision detection fails at those parts and sometimes moves your chars), the bosses are fun, i wish there was more minigames though, and that the hub world was larger with more places to explore.

What comes to Spyro games generally, i have played the first three(i own 2 and 3, used to own 1 too but it has vanished O.o). Enter the dragonfly(used to own it, sold it), Hero's tail(own it). First Legend of Spyro game(own it, don't like it much), Second legend of spyro game(don't like it much) and the last Legend of spyro game where you can play as Cynder too and they are tied together(own it, only legend of spyro game i like).

First three games are best ofc <3

Offline Shadowcloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Master Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2012, 03:22:44 am »
I agree they have ruined Spyro.  He is one of my favorite video game chars <3.  I loved the original series and I still play it.

excuse me while i cry over people that don't exist
haven't been on here in over two years
oops