Poll

Do you think that I should have read the first book?

For sure! Warrior Cats is AWESOME!
13 (68.4%)
Yea, I think you should've cuz Warriors is pretty cool
3 (15.8%)
Maybe...
0 (0%)
Don;t think so, Warriors is kinda boring
1 (5.3%)
NO! How could you? Warrior cats is TERRIBLE!
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: My Warrior Cats Story!  (Read 10129 times)

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Re: My Warrior Cats Story!
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 05:43:23 pm »
I often compare the series to redwall if you have read them. A lot of stuff about honour, loyalty, and blood, but more focused on the specific characters. Characters have a somewhat religious view about dead warriors, they believe that the dead watch over them and give them help in time of need. I have read every series so far except the last one which is still in progress (I promised myself I wouldn't start it until all the books were out). Although it has a very hectic plot development, after the point where I am, things seem predictive and repetitive. (Everyone knows shadowclan is going to stay depicted as evil, tigerstar is never going to officially die, and the medicine cat rule about kits is likely to be broken.) I personally enjoyed the series after having rejected it for a long period of time, and I look forward to any new series. Take it for what you will, enjoy reading it, but don't build your expectations too high from all the fan praise about it.

The cat warriors series summarized is like this (hopefully without too much of spoilers):

1st series: Discovering clan life, religion and politics. A super edition book explains that another clan once lived there named Skyclan which was forced away when Bluestar was a warrior.

2nd series: After separations are bound between the clans, alliances are required in order for them to survive. They learn to work together to come to safety to a new life in a safe land.

3rd series: Three cats together work to rise to power. One of them tries to uncover the past which may be the key of the origination of the clans, binding their stories together.

4rth series: ??? I haven't read.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:51:14 pm by Abigail »

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 06:05:06 pm »
Well, I will take your advise, Abigail, but honestly, I will make my decision once (if it does) it happens. I would not like to stop reading the books because of what one person said. I am not saying you are a bad person or are wrong, I am saying that 10 to 1 people think it is a good series. Thank you for your input, but I will keep reading until it gets bad if it ever does. Thank you.

Offline xXKitsuneNinjaXx

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I am the Annoying Homestuck.
    • View Profile
    • I WILL DO TUMBLR TOO
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2012, 04:53:29 am »
I agree with Abigail, and advise you not to raise your expectations too high. I find it quite a repetitive series. I'm not saying it's a bad one, but the plotline mostly stays consistent throughout all four series. Warriors is a pretty predictable read after you get the feel for it, but it is entertaining to read and an interesting concept as well.

Here's the basic plot layout: Many events/character build-up to a big event or battle.

What some of these events can include:
-Cats dying
-Minor battles
-Disputes between Clans (not necessarily battles, just they aren't getting along so well)
-Kits being born
-Apprentices being made
-Warriors being made
-(occasionally) Leaders being made
-Deputies being made
-Medicine Cats being made
-Secrets being kept *cough cough, PoT* (we didn't see that coming! -sarcastic-)
-Insight into Clan History

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2012, 12:41:37 pm »
Eh:

Well, as I said, I will keep reading until it gets that way. Thanks for trying to help, but I would like to keep reading until I don't like it. Thank you.

Geez, I am trying to be all mature here ppl D:< xD

Offline xXKitsuneNinjaXx

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • I WILL DO TUMBLR TOO
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2012, 10:10:47 pm »
I told you that you should keep reading it, I was agreeing with both of you. I said it was an interesting series and it was a good idea to keep reading it, even if it wasn't the most surprising series. I never told you what you should or should not do, it is simply a warning.  It is your own decision.
  I'm not trying to mean I was just stating that she wasn't the only person who thought that the series was a repetitive. I don't know why you would get upset X3.

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2012, 10:41:09 pm »
 I'm not upset o.O

Offline xXKitsuneNinjaXx

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • I WILL DO TUMBLR TOO
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2012, 11:50:05 pm »
You said you were trying to be mature about it, and I thought that meant you were trying to be polite about it instead of losing your patience with us. Sorry if I supposed wrong, or if I worded wrong (upset might be the wrong word...is it? English isn't my first language, so...)

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2012, 12:36:21 am »
 Oh, no, I meant to be funny. Like put it all in red, bold letters and be all: I understand, thank you, input, stuff like that xD If you don't understand...I understand lol. I am just usually so..."making a joke every second and using lol and xD WAAAAY too much".

By the way, upset means mildly angry. Just to let you know it that is what you mean.