Author Topic: Kaida's Story  (Read 2542 times)

~Firepool~

Kaida's Story
« on: April 28, 2012, 03:01:49 pm »
Written all by me. Enjoy and please critque. Thank you! ;D

Kaida's Story:

The she-cat lie, shivering in the night. Her blue wings curled to prevent the cold from seeping through. Her light Grey fur, stained with the harsh effects of the elements, was caked in fresh mud. Cold tears stained her cheeks, as her emotions presented themselves in her sleep. She was reliving a painful memory in her dreams.

A Black and white tom and a White winged she-cat stood together. Their eyes meeting for the last time. "You know very well why I have to Leave." the female said. "She is the last one, and she needs to be protected. They are after me and she'll be next if we stay together any longer." The male began to protest. "No! Stay longer, she needs to be raised by a proper Del Mari!" he hissed. The female looked at the male and sighed. "I'm sorry Blaine, but I cannot stay here any longer. Protect Kaida please." she pleaded. Blaine knew he could no longer stop her. "I will Callie, I promise." Callie pressed her muzzle againist Blaine's for a moment. She then turned to the sky and leaped, turning into a Mocking Jay. She flapped her wings toward the sun and vanished in an instant. "I love you." Blaine said to himself as he padded back to the den.

About three moon's had passed since's Callie had left and Kaida was already up on her feet. She bounded over the hills that protected the den sight and flew straight for the sun at times, before her father forced her to come down. "But why dad?" Kaida had asked Blaine one day. Blaine looked her in the eye. "It's too dangerous to be flying!" he growled at her. Kaida smiled at her father. "That's because you don't have wings." she stated and extended her blue wings to full length. "Besides, I have eagle eyes up there in the sky. Nothing can harm us now." She purred at her father's ignorance and launched herself into the sky laughing.

When the sun had begun to set, Kaida returned to the den, only to find her father not there. "Dad?" she said. "Where are you?" She began to look around the den and then up at the hills that shielded them from danger. It was when she turned her head back toward the ground when something had caught her eye. There was blood right next to where she was standing. She gasped and looked at the grass. Much of it had been flattened, showing signs that her father had been attacked. The blood began to increase as the signs of life seemed to be fading. The grass was no longer flattened in large area's of the trail, but in a neat line. A piece of Black and white fur had snagged on a twig. Her eyes widened in fear and she began to run."Dad!" she yowled as she followed the trail. "Please answer me!" Kaida was about to extend her wings when she picked up a scent. "No, It can't be.." she had stammered. She folllowed the trail to find what she was looking for.

The black shadow stood in the clearing. A figure was below it, lying motionless. The creature turned its head toward Kaida, revealing the blood it had between its teeth. It then ran off. She raced to her father but found it was too late. The wound in his throat the creature inflicted was gushing scarlet red. He was already ebbing away. "Dad?" she asked, now on the verge of tears. His eyes began to open along with his mouth. His words were barley audiable but she pressed on to hear them. "Run away from here Kaida. Fly on those wings, go." he was becoming quieter. "Don't let them get you, please. You have a great destiny ahead of you...." he choked on the blood the was in his mouth and went limp. His eyes were open, but glazed with death. Kaida yowled in grief and pressed her nose into her father's fur.  "I won't forget you." she said. Without any thought she leaped into the sky, turning into a Mocking Jay and flew as fast as she could to the light of the moon.

And here she lay, all alone with those same tears that stain her cheeks, as she waits for the warmth of the sun to brighten her day.

Okay, So think many of you might be confused. So let me fill in with you about Del Mari's (There's an accent mark on "a")
Del Mari's are creature who had been banned from the world by the creatures who disliked them, like the pure-blooded, Cat's and wolves. They were known to have been wiped out, but some had survived. Callie, Kaida's mother, had been a rare Del Mari. Usually, Del Mari's come as winged cat's or Mocking Jay's, but Callie had been born a Shapeshifter. This means she has both the forms of a winged cat and a Mocking Jay Del Mari. She had also passed down this form to her Daughter, Kaida.

Hope that helped with confusion :P.

(c) ~Firepool~/Firepool 2012. The species Del Mari belongs to me along with Callie, Blaine, and Kaida.

(Mocking Jay's belong to Suzanne Collins & The Hunger Games)

Offline baltosaa

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -4
    • View Profile
Re: Kaida's Story
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 08:40:10 pm »
These characters sound awesome!
And you did a real good job at writing it to...
Ok, thats all I have to say...

Offline #Uzuri#

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Nii-San~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 04:26:33 am »
Darling...you better be writing a book because you skills are just....Amazing :D
-Believe It!-
Bloody Rabbit >:P

~Firepool~

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 10:43:38 pm »
Thank you. (XD That took me an hour)

Offline #Uzuri#

• Experienced Traveler
  • Nii-San~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 08:32:40 pm »
I'm a perfectionist when it comes to writing so writing something like that would probably take me 2 hours xD. I reread my work and add to it continuously. :T I'm not nit-picky about other peoples writing, just my own..(If that makes any sense at all lol)

~Firepool~

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 10:32:13 pm »
I'm Kind of like that. Usually when I write, it just comes to me. Truly, I don't know how. I get an idea and my fingers make that idea real.

Offline #Uzuri#

• Experienced Traveler
  • Nii-San~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 04:16:10 pm »
Same ^^ I always keep a note book with me just in case something comes to mind, although I'm kinda short on writing utensils at the moment T.T My siblings like to take them and use them to write on everything...But no matter I still have some locked away in a safe place so I'm not too worried  about it ^^" 
-Currently hunting down a useable pen...o.o their all dried out..*Panic!*- T.T

Offline #Uzuri#

• Experienced Traveler
  • Nii-San~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 04:17:44 pm »
o.o Wait I see a Grammar Error! *Perfectionist* They're not their...I must be off my rocker today v.v

Offline rexline

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 09:43:31 am »
It's a very nice story