Author Topic: No more lions D:  (Read 11195 times)

Offline NightShade.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I had text, til' I took an arrow in the knee.
    • View Profile
Re: No more lions D:
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 01:27:16 am »
I agree.... So I decided to look like my pet cat :D

Also I didnt really like canine..... because of their tail when they run.... creeeppyyyy :< Its like the tail has a mind of its own or something.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 01:30:10 am by NightShade.. »

Account ingame: Nightshade.
Deviantart: CeruleanCube

Offline VioletWhirlwind

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 11:12:25 pm »
I dunno...i was in there last night (for the first time too) and I saw plenty of each. :)

Offline Kittens

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Cat, I'm a Kitteh Cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 09:11:04 pm »
I've seen plenty of felidae C:
Just had a pretty big lion pride roleplay today actually.

Filougon

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 01:58:01 pm »
Just look at sparkledogs at dA or other sides.
Wolves (and dogs) seem to be pretty common now. The thing, that annoys me mostly is, that so many people think "well, lets make an evil character! *tooks wolf, colours him black and gives him scars or/and red eyes*".

Well, I only can join these opinions. I've rarely seen a "real" lion in FH.
And pls note, that I don't want to say that wolves or people who own wolf-charas have less of imagination.

Offline Kamaria

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 06:27:13 pm »
I don't have any lions or wolves. I have a cougar(feline mesh), a Leopon cub(feline mesh), a domestic cat(feline mesh) and what's meant to be a Tasmanian tiger(canine mesh). All the RPs I've seen advertized in the chat window were wolf RPs or Lion RPs with the occasional Warrior Cats RP popping up now and then. I think the RPs being asked for depend on who's asking for them. Most RPers seem to play lions or wolves more than other species.
My Characters:

Kamaria(Lioness), Pucka(flying feline creature),Florida(Cougar), Lela(Wolf), Tippy(Cat), Lazarus(Tasmanian Tiger), Roc M Hippo(Hippo), Spots(feline creature)

Offline Kittens

• Experienced Traveler
  • Cat, I'm a Kitteh Cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 12:37:04 am »
Kamaria - I totally agree there. Wolves and lions are very overused general species.
I too have any other species animals, including a jackal, a few housecats, and a melanistic jaguar.
And also a rat xD Can't forget good ole' Barker.

Offline Bad Luck

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Sifaris
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 01:36:27 am »
I don't think that any of my characters are of a normal species. I always throw in something weird to make them less boring. Take my primate-canine-type species that I use for two characters (*Coughtheuglythinginmysignature*) for example.

But the canine mesh does seem to be used more often than the feline one, I think. And it seems like the only RPs you ever see much of are wolf ones.

I have way more characters who use the feline mesh than I do the canine. In fact, I think that my two primate-canine-things are the only "serious" characters of mine that use the canine model. And it doesn't even fit them all that well since they're more of primates. It's extremely annoying when people run up to me while I'm using either of them and say "OMG A WOLF GET OFF MY TERRITORY" or something along those lines. All wolves are canines, but not all canines are wolves. I wish that people would keep that in mind sometimes.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 01:39:28 am by Bad Luck »

Offline Halopromise

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • [Insert witty text here] <3
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Fury Pack Reborn
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 06:39:16 pm »
I haven't noticed this actually. But wouldn't be surprised either.
I have no new characters for FH, they are all a couple years old, my fursona is like a feline creature but 80% of my characters are canine or vulpine. Strange considering I am a cat person too. But doesn't me all to much, but I don't RP here, just chat and get friends.
Halo ~ Queen and creator of Twisted Fury Pack Reborn.

http://TwistedFurypackreborn.wetpaint.com/
- All animal RPG | Over 2000 members | post - apocalyptic | Fantasy

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2011, 07:03:05 am »
Felt it have been a slightly bigger amount of canine people in general. But I do belive alot of players come from WQ. Maybe wolfehs just are more popular overall. And since there's a canine model now that's easy to modify for wolfeh appearance. People do eet.

In IT it always looked slightly more like a feline. So alot probably prefered using a lion.

Now things be... Slightly differentzz.

Ai be   L a i j o h n    thu!
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline DinWolfie

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2011, 06:43:05 pm »
Roughly, I see more canines than felines. But its a new mesh, so people would go insaine wouldnt they? xD