Author Topic: A guide to wolfspeak and why you shouldn't use it  (Read 142321 times)

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Re: A guide to wolfspeak and why you shouldn't use it
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 04:32:04 am »
Oh goodness, in one RP I joined most of us were regular literate players, no wolfspeak involved anywhere in our vocabulary. But just one of our members used hardcore, fluent wolfspeak and I could not for the life of me understand most of their posts. Or I took one look, and didn't even want to try.
I did my best to tolerate them until they used the word "acoustics" instead of ears. At that point, I logged off and deleted the character I joined with, in the hopes of never meeting that person again.

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 06:43:07 am »
I am an effeminate gay explosive crustacean and I find this offensive!

Seriously, though, I love this thread. Someone needs to end this absurdity. The image to go with it made my day.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 12:36:51 pm »
I don't roleplay much now because it seems that most people who class themselves at literate, also do wolfspeak as well. I just can't be bothered with it. I come on FeralHeart so I don't have to use my brain as much as whenI do during the rest of my day, but trying to understand wolfspeak is like trying to decipher the complex vocabulary of a biology textbook. -_-

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline EvilSock

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 05:46:49 pm »
Yaaaaaayy.

I don't see banner on this list, though. ):

Offline BurrakuDusk

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 06:09:16 pm »
I've always hated wolfspeak, I was once in a RP which said that if you don't use wolfspeak then you're a "fail wolf" as they put it. They would use these CONSTANTLY so I pretty much became inactive and just stopped going to the pack site all together because of the stupid wolfspeak that you're forced to memorize by heart and the massive amount of drama. =/

Offline kiarasBFF98

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Formerly KiarasBFF
    • View Profile
    • My dA
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 06:37:15 pm »
I got a kick out of reading this. The first, and only time I tried to join a wolf roleplay, just to join a friend who i'd haven't seen of late, (because she was occupied with this particular group) I was called an illiterate just because I didn't fill up my post box, and I didn't use wolfspeak. I was ridiculed, and I quit. I had to block the alpha in the end, because they didn't leave my other roleplay alone. It was infuriating, to say the least.

Stunning avatar gift from my dear friend, Fao.

Offline BurrakuDusk

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 06:43:15 pm »
Direct them here next time.

I would but sadly that pack is long sense gone now. But if I ever see the female Alpha (or "Alphess" as they called her) I'll be sure to direct her here.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 07:06:59 pm »
Best flippin' dictionary I've seen in a long time, I was laughing so hard my throat started to burn.
I remember someone flung a full on wolfspeak sentence at me, and I said: ''English only in RP please''. I got a kick out of it. ~
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 08:05:17 pm »
Nemena's two orbicularis oculi contracted as her zygomaticus major and minor worked alongside her levator labii superioris. The fae's risorius and levator anguli orsis each contracted and relaxed in subsequent turn.

(aka: she smiled)

I also found this which might help with further Wolfspeak terms (if you're adding to the fabulous guide!); I've seen so many of these words spring into my chatbox. As said before, I'm glad they're using the style they personally enjoy (even if it's simply alt-tabbing through theasaurus.com whilst they type!), but-... I still personally avoid those roleplayers. Trying to decipher their text is essentially akin to muddling through a complex riddle. No thank you! :D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 08:17:54 pm by Nemena »

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 10:08:21 pm »
Nemena's two orbicularis oculi contracted as her zygomaticus major and minor worked alongside her levator labii superioris. The fae's risorius and levator anguli orsis each contracted and relaxed in subsequent turn.

Dafuq...?

It's just like verbiage!
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!