Author Topic: Cross-Gender Rpers?  (Read 34729 times)

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Cross-Gender Rpers?
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2013, 05:37:51 am »
When I started roleplaying on FeralHeart, I did find this to be quite odd.
The more I roleplayed, the less it mattered.
I've actually made a male character of my own, something which I swore I'd never do. ^^'
I must say, it's actually quite fun.
It challenges your mind as well, in a way.

I see no wrong in 'cross gender roleplaying.' Not at all. :3
RETIRED.

Offline KibaWolf73

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2013, 06:42:59 pm »
While I mostly RolePlay with female characters, for I am more confortable that way, I see absolutely nothing wrong with cross-gender RP-ers. I myself have a few male characters.

After all, in a RolePlay, you can be anybody you want. You're a girl who wants to see how it's to be a handsome man? Go for it! Nothing matters in a RolePlay, for it's supposed to be a creative way of showing our emotions, and such.

But bullying somebody for playing a character of the opposite gender? That's plain stupid.

Offline Delay

• yeah but Red took me to Prom
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 128
    • delayni
    • annoyingdelay
    • View Profile
    • Delayni on DeviantART
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2013, 07:03:20 pm »
I didn't even think this was a thing Oo I think I have more male characters than female characters, actually. There's no issue with it at all!

Offline Lossen

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2013, 07:05:01 pm »
I have never seen this kind of reaction before in-game. But I do understand where you are coming from, you don't have to be the same gender as who you roleplay with either way, It gives a more interesting view on the subject; but it definately doesn't determine what sexuality you are! And to thse who bully other users for this, are probably young minded in that sense, as typically younger people are more affected by genders.

Offline sydpid110

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Tigers are the majestic kings of the forest . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2013, 07:07:20 pm »
I've never seen it as a problem before...

Anyway, I think that it's up to the RPer, just like it's up to the writer of a book, to decide what each character is like. There's no problem in 'cross gender roleplaying' at all to me; I in fact, do it myself, to make my characters more unique with their own different personalities. It would be boring if all my characters were the same gender.
Rawr!
~Aurora

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2013, 07:10:13 pm »

I have looked throagh a lot of these posts, and like me most of this games most know players agree:
there is nothing wronge with cross-gender RPing.

idk why ppl make fun of us for that, but you will never hear me diss a player for cross-gender RPing.

no offence ment in this.

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2013, 11:10:14 pm »
When I first joined I didn't give this a whole lot of thought, but my first few characters were female anyway simply because I had more ideas for female characters than male ones.
Now my character list is all but dominated by the males, since I find them so much more fun to play as(and den-claimers react much more strongly to males if you're in the mood to troll a few ;D).

Offline Sunpaw

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Hi. I'm not a Warrior Cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2013, 06:36:04 pm »
I never understood why people thought roleplaying as a character with a different gender determined your sexual orientation. I play as male, female, and genderqueer characters simply because I find it more interesting than having characters that are all the same. Luckily I haven't run into anyone who reacted really negatively because I did that.
-Insert clever signature that most likely includes an overused quote that everyone has heard on YouTube-

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2013, 07:13:03 pm »
I have many male characters, and I used to RP as them. It's nothing wrong in my opinion. 83

Even though I don't RP much anymore, I still pose as my male characters. Nothing wrong with it at all. People on SoE Cross-Gender roleplay, and heck, Kahara has a character who has a mate of the same gender in real life.

Doesn't mean homosexuality bros.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2013, 09:11:18 pm »
I see nothing wrong with cross-gender roleplayers, I'm one actually. When I first began to play Feralheart I always roleplayed with male characters, still do. I also have female characters which I also use in Feralheart. There's no point getting mad at cross-gender roleplayers because isn't that what roleplay is? Being someone you're not. Roleplay isn't sticking to one gender for the whole time, it's being different to who you are. It does not mean that roleplayer wants to be the opposite gender in real life, it doesn't mean that they are homosexual. Just relax and stop assuming so and that way both roleplayers can enjoy themselves. No one wants to put up with that annoyance when you are screamed at for roleplaying like this. In fact, there are lots of people who do this on tv shows, plays, performances and movies yet no one is complaining.

Short: There's nothing wrong with cross-gender roleplaying c:
Will be inactive due to work and exams.