Author Topic: My story off wolves that still needs a title  (Read 1549 times)

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
My story off wolves that still needs a title
« on: April 07, 2013, 06:11:44 am »
wow, so yeah, just found out about this place xD.
yeah, Ive been working on a story, about wolves, as the title suggest (Duh) and its still at the very beginning. I would have been quite a fair way into it by now had my microsoft word suddenly expired (yeah, couldnt pay for it so it was on trial) and its still only on the, wait, Im so behind on progress I havnt sorted out my chapters -facepalm-....yeah, Ill figure it out as I go along, and maybe also figure out the title -.-....also, this story was very much inspired by Kathryn Lasky's book series: Gaurdians of Gahoole........so yeah, here goes:

Chapter One

Koren sat to look at the pile of rubble that was the exit out of the den. "so we're going out today?" Koren asked, not taking his eyes off the pile that had just been a part of the scenery a couple of days ago."Yes" said his mother "but I wont know the exact time though, so you must just be patient."
 Lia nudged Koren's shoulder. "How about we play while we wait?" Asked Koren's sister standing up and jumping around koren in a playfull way. "sure!" said Koren before he jumped at Lia, but she dodged, tripped him up, then she pounced at him, pinning him. "Ha, girls rule, boys drule" she said as got of him. "no way, boys are way better!" Koren complained. "Wanna bet?" she said getting into a pouncing position. "Uh hu" he said and jumped at Lia before she could make her move, pinning her down. "See?" "no fair" she whined "I wasnt ready".
Koren got of his sister and looked at the fuffly lump, rising up and down slowly in the corner. "do you want to wake up Zanu?" He said looking at his sister, winking. "sure" she said, catching on. She smiled and walked up to her brother who was sleeping, and Koren went round to the other side. "On the count of three" Koren whispered. Lia nodded. "One, two, three" They both jumped at Zanu "BOO" They said in unison. "AAAH!" Zanu screamed as he woke up with a start. Lia and Koren were rolling on the floor laughing together. Zanu realised what had happened. "Watcha wake me up for?" he asked grumpily settling back down again, watching his siblings laughing. "We were....We were bored" Koren said, trying to calm down.
Just then, there was a sound from the other side of the rubble. Everyone was suddenly quite. The sound got louder, a soft scratching sound. Little pieces of rock and dirt tumbled down the wall, and large amounts of dust poured out of the rumbbly dry surface as it became a loud, rough, scratching sound. Bigger pieces of rock fell down and the pups coughed slightly as the amount of dust gushing out increased. They could hear panting now, loud and heavy. Then a rock dislodged itself and went tumbling down, landing at Lia's paws, letting a small ray of sunlight through, its path marked as it glimmered through the dust. The pups stared at it in wonder. Momentarily the scratching stopped and all they could hear was panting. whatever was on the over side was tired. Then it started again, the hole getting bigger and bigger until the exit was cleared.
A dark figure was standing, obscured by the dust and sunlight. Their mother hauled herself up, her joints aching after not being used in so long. She walked up to what they could now see as a wolf. They greeted each other, their tails waving slowly from one side to the other, then back again. "Children, this is your dad."
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 06:15:53 am by kiya »

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
Re: My story off wolves that still needs a title
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 10:25:48 pm »
Chapter Two

The pups hurried forward after their mother. They stopped, stunned by the sight that met their eyes. a whole new world, light, colours, indeed, it was the first time any one of the pups had been able to see each other properly.
Korren was probably the darkest of them, he had a dark grey upper pelt, with a tinge of brown in it, he then had a light grey underbelly. he had almond eyes, and black ear tips.
Zanu looked much like a husky, with an almost black upper coat, and a very light, almost white, underbelly. He also had brown eyes, and black paws, and tail tip.
Lia was much like her mother. She was a very light brown on her upper pelt. and a white underbelly. Her eyes, in contrast to her brothers, were a bright green. she had one black paw and one black ear tip, each on opposite sides of the body.
They stood, stunned, for a few minutes, hardly moving. then they turn to see their father, for the first time in their lives. Their eyes filled with admiration for their protector. He had a dark, almost black coat, with a dark grey underbelly. he had black paws, which faded up his legs. he had a black tipped tail as well. "I'm going to hunt now" he smiled down at his pups. "She hasn't eaten for a long time" He chuckled, before heading down a steady slope toward a large blue lake, with a pine forest right next to it.
After they had gotten over the amazement of the dazzling new world, they went straight to investigating every thing!
"what's this?" asked Koren as he put his front two paws on a large conifer tree, looking up at the birches. "its a tree" replyed his mother. "Its big" said Zanu as he and Lia walked up to Koren."yes, trees are big" she smiled. "Wow......" Lia muttered, looking from its mangled roots, up its old, peeling, bark, to its tangled branches. The pups started exploreing every where. There were, small, long, thin, blades of green plants, that were every where, called grass. There were tear shaped green things clumped thickly together by branches, called bushes. There were small creatures that glided around on large decorative wings that looked like pieces of paper, called Butterfly's. They would jump over small tufts of grass, to find a huge boulder! Indeed, by the time the pups were content they knew the names of every thing their mother was quiet worn out. the explanation of sky had taken some time.
"Is it just me, or is it getting darker?" asked Zanu. "Well I can tell you one thing, its not just you" said Koren, looking skywards. "bed time" said their mother, walking towards the den, laying down inside. "aaaaww" said the pups together, getting up and following her none the less. they padded in and curled up in her soft fur, falling asleep instantly from their exciting day.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 08:07:12 pm by kiya »

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 10:26:33 pm »
gah, just realised that was probably too short >.< I was rushing because I have to go to bed soon.
I will edit it tomorrow xD

BouncyLion101

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 11:25:52 pm »
Cute, the little pups are so adorable. :D

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 08:07:41 pm »
there we go, thats more like it!
and thanks ^^

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 06:28:36 pm »
Chapter three

Koren's eyes groggily opened, as thin slits. It was still night, he could tell. There were sounds around him, but his mind was working so slowly that he couldn't make anything out. "Huh?" he muttered, slowly lifting his head. Suddenly he was shocked awake by a hard yank on his scruff. his eyes flashed open as he felt him self being carried by a running wolf, which seemed to be his mum. the sounds were much clearer as they sped out of the den. growls, barks, yelps and yowls. As his mother flashed through the undergrowth, Koren got a slight glimpse of a frightening image that shock him to his bones. They ran past so quick that all he got was an image, an image embedded in his mind as the world blurred past.
There was his father. He was standing, in a fighting position, his body covered by scars, his ear mangled and nearly falling off, his left eye had two huge slashes across, leaving it blind. then, emerging from the darkness of night, illuminated by The moonlight, were dark figures. There bodys were like black fire, leaping and distorting the figure of a wolf. their faces emotions were like none he had never seen before, crazed expressions, Thier moth seemed to have cracked up to all the way between the eye and the ear, as if they had laughed too hard. blood dripping from their muzzles onto the red stained ground. The eyes on their faces seemed like red, glazed orbs, penetrating the darkness. And there were loads, all surrounding Koren's father. Koren's eyes gazed wide into space, the horror stared him in the face.
Before he could think about anything else his mother rolled him under a large rock, where a small slit could be made out, which led to a gap only big enough for pups to slip through. as Koren tumbled in, he saw that Zanu and Lia were already there, eyes as wide as his. He watched their mothers paws carry her back to where the fight must be. Koren swirled his head around in fear, finally resting his gaze in his siblings.
"wha...wha..What?" Koren could hardly create a sentence. Zanu looked at him "I don't know" he said quietly in fear. Koren slowly walked up to them, and nuzzled Lia. Lia seemed most frightened of all, her mouth was gaping open, and her eyes wide in fear. she was shaking like crazy. As Koren came to sit with them tears began to slip down her cheek. she buried her face into Zanu's chest. Koren lay down, as did Zanu. As Zanu slipped down, Lia followed his movement, she had fallen asleep. Koren gave a last glance outside the slip that opened out to the outside. the moon was framed, and Koren swore he could see it tinged with red. he closed his eyes as he fell asleep with his slumbering siblings.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 12:31:09 pm by Kiaz »