Author Topic: Multi-species roleplays?  (Read 6377 times)

ColonelHamilton

Multi-species roleplays?
« on: March 10, 2011, 07:11:08 pm »
I notice that most roleplay groups are either for felines or canine, with the occasional hyena clan or the like.  I was wondering, why are there almost no roleplay groups that allow both felines and canines? It seems like kind of a shame that there is often two groups of characters that won't have any opportunity to interact with one another.  Also, some people like to play other animals while basing it on the feline or canine model, like bears.

Any thoughts on this?

Offline Lionessesrule

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: -13
  • I've been here for a long time...
    • View Profile
    • google
Re: Multi-species roleplays?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 07:14:47 pm »
I totally get u people just don't want to do that me and my friend tried to role play that way and no one came.

Vizza

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 08:00:33 pm »
I haven't gotten involved with any roleplays myself in game, though I have a sneaking suspicion that the reasoning behind having a few of these "Wolf only" or "Lion only" RPs is to sniff out mates. With a younger crowd that has started to figure out that "FEMALE LION LOOKING FOR MATE!!!" isn't going to result in anything, this is their next best bet.

Now, I'm sure if you found an older, more literate group of people, they would be more likely to consider a multi-species rp.

But this is just a guess ;P

Offline Lionessesrule

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: -13
  • I've been here for a long time...
    • View Profile
    • google
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 08:02:50 pm »
True

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 09:55:49 pm »
I noticed that as well, but I don't really mind.

I feel the same way as Vizza in this sense, that and because the whole Cat vs. Dog concept [and I feel that the Cats and Dogs sequel had a role in it somehow  > >] is the main cause. It's simple discrimination.

Personally I want to do a multi-species roleplay. It would be interesting, I feel.

Too bad my internet connection on our gaming computer is fail 8|

Tyki Mikk

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 11:18:22 pm »
I see this alot. I see people bashing canines or felines. Calling the people that play as canines "dogs" in a rather degrading manner. Also, theres crowds of wolfaboos that bash felines too. Ive never seen an officially announced multi-species rp ever.

Its sad because its like Im playing with a bunch of brats that bash other players because of their character. -_- Almost like racism. On a childish level of course.

ColonelHamilton

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 01:43:01 am »
I was just in an any-animal rpg this afternoon, though the server issues put a halt to it.  But that's the only one I've ever seen.

Part of me thinks it isn't so much conscious prejudice, but the fact people don't really stop to think about the fact that they could have just as much fun and include more characters by doing multispecies rpgs.  There is a habit of seeing roleplay groups as being divided into prides for felines or packs for canines.

Tyki Mikk

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 02:14:44 am »
Agreed. Or maybe people just dont have experience with multi-species rp's and afraid to embarrass themselves or something silly like that. I dont see why there arent more in the first place.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 10:29:41 pm »
I love multi-species rps and I knew that this would happen >:/ I even saw it starting in IT with all the shouts of 'Wolf RP in dim 26!' it's quite irritating. I wanted to start a thread like this myself but you beat me to it XD

People should RP with other species, it would make the RP much more interesting. I wonder how many groups there are which are for both felines and canines? I haven't really had the chance to stop and look. Raksha and I have a Clan for both felines and canines (Farouch clan) so feel free to join if you want a multi-species RP.

Wudiin

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 04:14:02 am »
Um hm.. there's no love for mix breeds eaither. You have to be a full blooded lion or wolf to join most of the time.