Author Topic: The Forbidden Lands Chapter 5: Snow White Queen  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Loccora

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
The Forbidden Lands Chapter 5: Snow White Queen
« on: July 19, 2013, 07:14:27 pm »
          Myria stalked through the woods. "So far today I've gotten stuck in a thorn patch, got my fur all matted with burs,

wedged a thorn in my paw, and it's not even daylight!" She snarled. "I'll kill Eli if it's the last thing I do!"

She was walking with a hard limp. "Stupid thorn. Stupid Eli. Stupid Kyle." She stopped. "Kyle's fault this all happened."

Myria continued walking. "I killed the deputy. I can kill again."

The trees were bare and had no leaves. It was the middle of summer. Why was it so cold and bare? Myria

turned her head. The river was frozen! She broke into a run. Where was she? In the middle of winter!? She screeched

to a stop and snow pelted her face. Myria looked up. Snow rained down from the cloudless sky. "What is this?" She

wondered aloud.

Suddenly a white wolf tackled her and she yelped, shoving the wolf off. "What was that for?" Myria asked

shaking the snow off.

The wolf snarled at her. "Get off of my land!" The wolf growled.

"No!" Myria replied. "I'm here looking for a friend of mine that was kidnapped and the wolf who I think took her."

"I know who took her." The white wolf said. "Eli, the darkest wolf in the forest."

Myria's fur stood on end. "I knew it! Where did he go?"

The white wolf's face fell. "Eli has the largest pack of wolves. His own underground wolf army. They stay in the

tunnels. Eli is the only one who comes out. He joins a pack, gains they're trust, kills they're leader and the leader then

joins his army. His entire army is dead wolves.  They only know how to kill. Anyone who goes down there, never comes

back. I'm afraid he's killed your friend. She's now a part of his army. A killer."

"Oh, God no." Her eyes were distant. "Kyle knew he should check the tunnels and I let him go down there!

He's not even a wolf! We should never have even split up!"

She looked at Myria. "Go find your friend if you wish. But both of them are dead."

"What does the army do?"

" The tunnels stretch across the U.S. The wolves create passages and wear out the ground and make them

collapse. Sometimes at camps were other packs are, taking out the entire pack. Eli joins a pack, you see, kills the leader

then takes out the whole pack. You don't have much time left."

Myria took off running toward where she left Kyle. "Tick-Tock!" The wolf called after her.

The wolf waited until Myria was out of sight. "Times up."