Author Topic: "Rogue" and "Rouge"  (Read 6518 times)

Offline Satsuki

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Re: "Rogue" and "Rouge"
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 02:57:19 am »
I thought this was going be a complaint thread about the spelling issue of rogue. I seen it so many countless times where a lot of people misspell "rogue" for "rouge." Even myself miss spells the word at times! LOL  A lot of people that I seen countless time gotten highly offended, and I thought you were going fuss about how many times you seen someone misspelled it. You sure did trolled me, that Kovu picture really made me laugh. XD props to you! +floof for making my day. :P

"This awesome drawing of Valarie is by the great and awesome LordSuragaha~"

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 03:02:57 am »
Ikr? ISH SHO FUNNEH!

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 04:25:30 am »
Lol! Kovu looks fabulous with his rouge make-up. He should be on the cover of Vogue magazine... or should it be Rogue magazine?

Often times when I see someone walking around with "Rouge" in their name, it makes me think of the Moulin Rouge.

I often times see people making those kind of spelling mistakes. When I made my first rogue character, I accidently put "rouge" instead of "rogue". But then someone corrected me, and I changed it to be rogue. It's nice when people polietley correct you on your spelling error. Altough there have been plenty of times when I pointed out that someone accidently spelled out "rouge" when they were trying to spell out "rogue" and then they get all mad and be like, "OMG I don' care!!" Really? You're going to throw a big fit because someone is trying to help you? So that's why I often times don't really bother with people like that.

Okay kids, let me explain the difference between rogue and rouge the Lady Alizarin way. There are a few popular characters who have such names.

There is this Rouge

And then there is this Rogue

See the difference?
Inactive

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 11:30:23 am »
I agree with all of this, except that me, has a warrior-oriented character, I have seen these kind of typos around Warriors RPs.

And also, adding something to all this stupidity:

Rouge is also the French word for red.

Rogue is the french name for Snape (ok, there's no logic here, like no wonder why I was confused when someone ttied to talk to me about Snape on FH.)
Snape is a 'villain' and Harry disapproves his actions and shizz, now remember his French name
It all makes sense.

Offline ShelbyRB

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • I can smell your peanut butter lies!!!!!.....
    • View Profile
    • IceCub's deviantArt
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 03:54:37 pm »
Haha, this is amazing!

Ill admit I still spell it wrong, not because I don't know better but because I just got so used to spelling Rogue as Rouge before I knew the difference. It's just a habit now XD

Also if you didn't know Rouge is pronounced "rooj" :P

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 10:26:17 pm »
Lol! Kovu looks fabulous with his rouge make-up. He should be on the cover of Vogue magazine... or should it be Rogue magazine?

Often times when I see someone walking around with "Rouge" in their name, it makes me think of the Moulin Rouge.

I often times see people making those kind of spelling mistakes. When I made my first rogue character, I accidently put "rouge" instead of "rogue". But then someone corrected me, and I changed it to be rogue. It's nice when people polietley correct you on your spelling error. Altough there have been plenty of times when I pointed out that someone accidently spelled out "rouge" when they were trying to spell out "rogue" and then they get all mad and be like, "OMG I don' care!!" Really? You're going to throw a big fit because someone is trying to help you? So that's why I often times don't really bother with people like that.

Okay kids, let me explain the difference between rogue and rouge the Lady Alizarin way. There are a few popular characters who have such names.

There is this Rouge

And then there is this Rogue

See the difference?
Also very true. It does get irritating when people get all into a tizzy over that, as you said, but that's why I generally don't say, "Hey, if you're meaning to spell 'rogue,' you've got the letters mixed up," unless I happen to already be in a conversation with that individual.
Although, it does still drive me crazy. o-o

Also, loving the reference to Moulin Rouge. <3
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline .:L:.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I will track you down, Kira.. I know who you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 08:47:22 pm »
I actually thought 'rouge' meant the color red. o3o
Kira, you shall not prevail. I /will/ track you down... and when I do, you will be eliminated.. for good.

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 01:39:11 am »
I actually thought 'rouge' meant the color red. o3o

That is one of the definitions of "rouge". I was just using Google Dictionary's definition.

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline BlueKinTsukiko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 02:01:58 am »
This is great, no words for it xD However why on earth am I gonna get scarred with seeing Reddy and lipstick...just...no xDDD Oh well, this was much needed on here.

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 02:18:21 am »
Perhaps to teach those who are so convinced it is spelled Rouge, one could start Roleplaying as if that character is a random stick of lipstick? xD Thank you for finnaly brining this up, suprised it hadn't been mentioned before.