Author Topic: WildHeart~ The new FeralHeart  (Read 12072 times)

Offline .:L:.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I will track you down, Kira.. I know who you are.
    • View Profile
WildHeart~ The new FeralHeart
« on: September 30, 2013, 07:19:00 pm »
Okay, so... a friend of mine has decided that he is going to re-make FH.. in his own version. With an all-new source code, new game engine, etc.

Basically, this will be FeralHeart for Unity3D. It will start out as VERY close to FH's gameplay and such, but it will recieve constant updates, unlike the original FH, which has been abandoned by the creator.

NO, we do NOT have the original source code. This game will be entirely designed from scratch.

Features:

Shadows~
This version of FeralHeart will have actual shadows. I have heard that FH was originally programmed to have shadows... but that part of the programming was never finished.

More maps, and better maps~
The maps in WH will be much more realistic and diverse than in FH. 'Fluorite' will be replaced with a large savanna grassland, with maybe even a pride rock. South Pole will be changed into a more arctic-like zone, with caves, and ice, tracks in snow, etc. Bonfire may be eliminated completely. Ficho will be an underground section of tunnels, leading to many different maps.
Atlantis will remain like it is now, but much more detailed, as with other maps. Ascension Island will be more detailed, as will Sky's Rim. Sky's Rim will be more of a dragonic type area, a place for dragon rps, mostly. More maps will be added.

Better models~
The character models will be a lot like FH's, but much more detailed and realistic, with claws added. More tails, manes, and ears will be available. There will also be a large sizing scale, meaning characters can be VERY small, like the size of a newborn kitten, or VERY big, like the size of an adult lion. This way, we won't have  cats the size of lions.

NEW models~
If you get tired of the 'realistic', or 'Pridelander' look of the current character, we will also have a more... 'outlandish' model. Kinda like Zira. We may also include actual hyena models, horses, etc.

HUNTING~

You will be able to hunt in WH. And no, it will not be IT-style hunting. You will actually ATTACK the prey realistically.

More emotes~
More emotes will be added in, along with new actions.

That is all for now. The website is located at http://wild-heart.freeforums.net
The website is still under construction, hence why there is only one board.

WH is looking for a skilled design team.

This team can consist of any of the following:
FH Texture modders~ You can do texturing of the model.

FH Interface modders~ You can help design interfaces

Basically, ANYONE who can make anything for FH, can probably work for WildHearts. Though, we are also in need of:

Programmers

Map Makers- UNITY. UNITY map designing is SOMEWHAT like FH's, but a bit more complicated.

Riggers

Animators

Scripters

Basically, anyone who can work in game design. Any and all help would be appreciated.
Kira, you shall not prevail. I /will/ track you down... and when I do, you will be eliminated.. for good.

Offline Firewolf10

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
Re: WildHeart~ The new FeralHeart
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 10:32:10 pm »
I wish I could help but i'm not good at that kind of stuff. But I really love the thought of thisgame!

Signature By: snowdonice
Find Me In-Game As: Firewolf10

Offline feralfang

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 11:12:43 pm »
I would LOVE to see this happen, but for some reason I feel like the mods of FH are gonna try to shut this down, just a hunch. That would suck >< I'm eager to monitor it as it progresses. c:

Offline Flamestar

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • "For the Clans!"
    • View Profile
    • Moonrise~ Warrior Cats
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 11:21:33 pm »
They don't have the power to shut it down. Kavu does not have copyright to the idea of a game with canines and felines. He only owns copyright to the actual game itself. WildHearts is somewhat different, and thus, can be made without any copyright problems. The FH mods don't have the powers or rights to shut WH down.
"The Slenderthayne are nothing but evil... the Clans will vanquish them, and we can live in the light once more.... For the Clans, die, Darkoblivion!" ~Moonstar's battlecry against the Slenderthayne

Offline Flamestar

• "For the Clans!"
    • View Profile
    • Moonrise~ Warrior Cats
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 02:11:19 am »
Whyisnoonecommentingonthiso3o
"The Slenderthayne are nothing but evil... the Clans will vanquish them, and we can live in the light once more.... For the Clans, die, Darkoblivion!" ~Moonstar's battlecry against the Slenderthayne

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 06:12:02 pm »
However nice this idea is and I'm eager; I don't feel it'd be right to copy FH's maps. Rename them, change them up completely.

Offline Flamestar

• "For the Clans!"
    • View Profile
    • Moonrise~ Warrior Cats
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 06:29:32 pm »
Oh, they'll be renamed. -Is helping with this- And they will be changed drastically.

Offline Cecilia~

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • wwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 07:02:42 pm »
sounds fun, id like to work on the interfaces or be on the concept team. i can do UIs and loading screens. shoot me a PM if you want.

as for the whole discussion about the legal rights thing.. this feels a little weird, instead of saying youre "remaking" FH, why not just make something inspired by FH?
i dont know anything ever at any time

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 07:26:27 pm »
I have signed up, perhaps you could add more boards? sorry for nagging
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2013, 07:29:40 pm »
What I don't get is, if you're going through the trouble of making your own game, why call it the new FH? You guys have the freedom to do whatever you want! My gosh, it would be a uber-realistic ecosytem where you try to survive with your custom character, or something similar to FH- but with your own twists! I just, I dunno. Don't let FH limit what you include or don't include.

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'