Author Topic: A Thing Or Two About Rats  (Read 1675 times)

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
A Thing Or Two About Rats
« on: October 18, 2013, 12:49:38 am »
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 12:56:39 am by Rustys »
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thing Or Two About Rats
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 03:33:04 am »
Rats are severely misunderstood animals. It's nice to hear that yours are happy and loving and well-cared for.

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline ~Sorowsong~

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Never go anywhere with out the internet~MiniHacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 05:31:58 pm »
I too have a pet rat, a female named Pringles! I totally know how you feel and it looks like we have the same views on rats! Thank you for posting this, the rat kind will thank you xD :)
"You wish to fight me, but you do not know the cost. The cost is your life. For it will be you who falls beneath my paws, to never rise again." ~By, me~  -In game: ~Sorowsong~-

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 05:52:05 pm »
Rats are my favorite rodents. <3 They're just so adorable and fat. I don't have one, but I would love to have one if my mom allowed me. ;w;

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 06:36:33 pm »
I too have a pet rat, a female named Pringles! I totally know how you feel and it looks like we have the same views on rats! Thank you for posting this, the rat kind will thank you xD :)
You just have one?  Rats do best in pairs, maybe you should look into finding a play mate for Pringles.  Just a suggestion.

It is good to see other people that agree with me. :)
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 11:53:19 am »
   I currently have two very old rats, a small female named dewy and a large male named thunder. Over the course of 4 years I have had 20 rats.specally agree on the part about personalities - Dewy is timid and not very good about coming when called anymore (She might be going deaf), while thunder loves people and you don't even need to call him, he just stays with you. As for the immense varieties of markings, this is 100% true.. Every one of the rats I have ever owned have had different coloration and markings, with the exception of Willow and Rice, who were twins. As for smartness - I have showed 5 rats now and won 3 place each time- mainly because I didn't dedicate enough time to training. The winning rats could do amazing tricks, which is just more proof rats are intelligent and are fully capable of learning how do complex trick or even play small scale games! I have seen rats shoot a basketball right into the hoop (shrunk down version of course). I used to do lots of tricks ad shows with my rats, but as they grow old they prefer to snuggle up with you. Honestly I love to just read a book or watch TV with dewy perched on my shoulder and thunder on my lap - unless I'm reading, then dewy is on my shoulder and thunder is trying to turn the page. In fact, the only bad thing about rats I can think of is how short their lifespan is - average rats live only 3 years. It makes me sad to think Dewy is nearly 3 years and thunder is 3 1/2. :( I don't plan on losing them anytime soon. We got them from a good breeder and all the rat we get from that breeder tend to live 4 years or so - the quality there is amazing.
Overall I agree with you that Fancy/Dumbo rats are not horrible sewer animals, despite what the awful stereotype has gotten people to believe. Noting is better than snuggling up with your rats :)

Sorry for the text wall.

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline Gingerheart

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I am Unicow.. leader of The Cow Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 04:43:07 pm »
I love rats and mice, I wish I could have one but my mom and dad both hate them ;-;
All hail the Cow King, Unicow!