Author Topic: I need advice.... again.  (Read 2492 times)

MilitaryGirl636

I need advice.... again.
« on: January 23, 2011, 08:42:19 pm »
So... there's a military ball coming up for JROTC. And friday we nominated people to be the king and the queen. And I was nominated to be the queen (along with others. But I got the most votes... ha!) Anyway whoever raises the most money gets to be the queen/king. But I don't know where or how to do that... I mean I've been trying to ask my family if they would want to donate a little but they don't seem to want to. Atleast my mom and sister are donating!

Anyone have any ideas on how I can raise money? Like I was thinking of just standing on the street with a sign collecting money or knock on random peoples' doors. (I'm willing to go that far.) And I told my boyfriend I wanted to do that and he was totally against it... so can't do that.

Please give me some ideas of what to do! I can't think of anything!

Offline DreamReaper

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Re: I need advice.... again.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 09:02:21 pm »
Well baked good never fail....

But there are tons of things you could do:

Sell T-shirts
buy something for a raffle and sell tickets
Have a game night and charge people
face painting  :o

Thats all i can think of right now...

MilitaryGirl636

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 09:05:44 pm »
OMG DreamReaper I love you! You're right I COULD bake cookies or something and sell them at school. That would be a wonderful way... lots of people like my baking :D (Karma + for you)

Offline Kezra

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Kezra.co.nr
    • View Profile
    • Kezra's Domain
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 02:03:36 am »
I was going to suggest baking because cooking is awesome and everyone has to admit that it's hard to pass up a brownie/cupcake/lemon bar when they're waltzing along a school highway, sidewalk, anywhere. Knocking on doors probably won't result in much money. I know I HATE it when people knock on mine, even for a good charity, but you might have some luck depending on where you live. Some towns are really supportive of their schools or full to the brim with patriotism. If you did do that, it's always best to have someone with you no matter HOW old you are, so if your boyfriend has a problem with it (and I don't blame him) he could go with you? But I must agree, baked goods would probably be the best bet. Everyone who donates gets something out of it. x)
I like songs about drifters. Books about the same.
They both seem to make me feel a little less insane.

Offline ~Jupiter~

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 11:16:55 pm »
god luck!

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 11:31:14 pm »
god luck!

Floof, this is from 2011. Don't necro old posts, please.

Offline ~Jupiter~

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 11:39:29 pm »
sory