Author Topic: A Day in the Life of You  (Read 2587 times)

Offline Dirrane

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
A Day in the Life of You
« on: February 15, 2014, 10:55:22 am »
? A Day in the Life of  You ?
What do you do on an average day in FeralHeart?

What kind of roleplays are you interested in? How do you design your characters? What are your favourite maps? Which map do you visit most? Do you design maps, markings, presets and mods for others? Canine or feline? Slim or weighty? Neon or shady? Tell us all about it! After all, it's about your average life in FeralHeart!

? What kind of roleplays are you interested in? ?
Do you prefer TLK roleplays? Warrior cat roleplays? Stray dogs? Why? This question is all too common, but I'd love to see what you think about it. Do you think some roleplays are too overpopulated? Or are some too rare? Do you like the roleplay you're in because it's exciting, because you know how your character would react, or because you know the heights and depths of the animal you are roleplaying as? I don't have a problem with either situations, but I think people should try to make more unique roleplays and characters, instead of maybe using ready-made ones and plots from movies. However, it's lovely to see variation.

? How do you design your characters? ?
What size, on average, are your characters? Do they all have a particular style or ring to them? Are they all bulky, ruthless beasts or shy, sweet ne'er do wells? My characters are mostly canines with a forward mohawk and full tufts. I don't really have a liking for neons or glowlights, or characters from books and movies.

? What are your favorite maps? ?
Are they public, private, or both? Is it a rocky beach, slow hill, mountain range, or a fantasy dim like Skyrim? My time-to-kill map is the South Pole, but I only go there if I have spare time or if there is a good roleplay going on. I love downloading custom maps, because they have an exciting atmosphere when you're venturing for the first time. I've started to grow a liking for Ascension Island, particularly the smoothness of the jumps and puzzle-solving.

? Which map do you visit most? ?
The title says it all. Which map do you visit most and why? Is it because it's peaceful and quiet, it doesn't lag, it's bustling with excitement and people, or because it has an amazing design and atmosphere? I used to visit the South Pole most, because it didn't lag. Now that I have a new laptop, I'm everywhere. My favorite map is still Ascension Island.

? Do you design maps, markings, presets and mods for others? ?
What's your specialty in this era? Feel free to show us your shop thread and examples.

? Anything else? ?
After all 'dem questions, what else do you do around FeralHeart? Is it mainly exploring, derping or roleplaying? Show us your funneh screenies, glitches, and tell us yer' stories. :D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:57:47 pm by Dirrane »

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: A Day in the Life of You
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 05:26:46 pm »
1. I usually stick to roleplays that are more of a "short-term" or a "pop-up". The reason for this is because I eventually get bored of roleplaying the same theme over and over, so I move on. I roleplay as animals I know a lot about (wolves, lions, dogs, etc) because it's a pet peeve when I try to roleplay as an animal I know barely anything about. xD

2. All of my characters have the smallest possible muzzle, biggest possible ears, and are weightless. They are usually slightly smaller than the default size and with the length bar more to the left than the height and width.

3. My favorite default map would have to be Fluorite Plains, Atlantis, or Sky's Rim, each with their own reasons. And with custom maps... too many to pick a favorite. ^^

4. I'm usually found in a custom map, Fluorite Plains, or Bonfire Island.

5. I can design maps, but the reason I never do is because when I click export, I always end up uninstalling and reinstalling FH. Obviously that's a drag, so I never do. I can make presets, I don't make them too often, but once in a while I'll make one for the fun of it. And ay other mods... none that I can recall at the moment.

6. I'm almost always either derping with friends, exploring custom maps, or stalking newbies in Bonfire. (Muahahaha)
Farewell everyone<3

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 06:25:41 pm »
What kind of roleplays are you interested in?
Literate, (Though not too 'literate' so I can be a derp if I want to. 8I) humanoid kind of roleplays I guess. Not much to say here, since it really depends most of the time.

How do you design your characters?
Merr, really depends, too, for what I'm in a mood for. I usually try to keep away from making the weight go to it's highest or lowest limit, though, and the muzzle small-ish along with the forehead. (Big foreheads are ugly.) Also the nose, yes... the eyes? Most of the time I might make them big somewhat to match the character, though mostly, it depends, too, like the size; though mainly I might make a big character, too. Not much else to say here! Though, sometimes I might go for mainly unique sides, whether it's realistic or not, I guess.

What are your favorite maps?
That's a good question, but I guess it'd have to be Cape of Distant Worlds. Why? 1. It can be pretty amusing to see derps coming along and derping around there, once you begin to... 'live' there. 2. Other maps.~ 3. Stalkin' the kreptis'. Like Baku, for example. |D Though, something that doesn't go with the question below, I'd probably say Temple of Dreams or something. (Too many non-English speakers in Cape sometimes, no offense. ;u;)

Which map do you visit most?
As I sort of said up above, Cape of Distant Worlds. It used to be Bonfire Island, though my roleplay with some friends sort of moved to Cape. x3

Do you design maps, markings, presets and mods for others?
Maps? Yes, I'm creating a huge map pack, in fact, that I'll hopefully release soo... yeah. Markings? Nope, maybe later, though. Presets? I've created at least one that I've released to public so far, so I guess yeah... one as a commission on dA, too. Mods? ...Not really, no. I might've created a couple, but nah.

Anything else?
The main reason I go on Feralheart is to hang out and roleplay with some awesome friends, really, soo... eh.

So 'der you go. The day in the life of a Hugrf. 8D

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 06:36:46 pm »
A Day In The Life of Me? o.o
Uh.. I do lots of stuffies on an average day (let's describe a weekend day).
-I'll wake up, brush mah teeth, grab some coffee and cereal, sit down at my laptop and simultaneously open my email and the FH forum.
-Spend anywhere from 5 to 30+ minutes answering messages or reports on the forum
-Check emails
-Remember to log onto Skype, pester someone on there (usually FH members)
-Browse the forum for a bit, answer threads or move/lock anything that might need some tending to
-If I notice (or someone points out) something that may need modificaton on the forum, I'll throw it at Red on Skype
-Sometimes write up sticky threads or something for the boards
-Pick a map (usually Bonfire first), sit in a bush, and watch.
-And watch.
-Pick another map, repeat. (I generally don't stay in one place very long, unless there are a lot of users around, thus the reason you may not see me hanging around the N/Z for too long at a time).
-Chat with some users and friends<3
-Maybe later in the day, if I get an inkling to RP, I might, usually picking a random mapless RP to join for funsies
-During this time I'll do anything from listen to music or chat in Skype calls, or browse the forum more (or work on scholarships, fffff)
-If I have nothing to do that day, I'll usually take a break for lunch, practicing my trumpet/piano/snare drum/viola for an hour or so per day, but then come back and end up staying online until the wee hours of night.

What Sort of Roleplays Are You Interested In?
It depends! I don't get to RP as much as I used to (</3), but I still love to RP when I get the chance. To make sure I'm still able to keep an eye on the maps, I usually choose mapless RPs. I've always enjoyed wolf RPs, but I most often find myself testing out new warrior characters, and I'll just go to the Stone Bridge, pick a group, and join. Even if it's only one RP session, it's fun to join in anyway. <3 I prefer literate RPs (since I'm a paragraph RPer, and I do take pride in my posts and making them flowing and pleasing to read if possible), but if I can understand you, and you'll take the time to read my posts, I don't mind RPing with any other RP level. It's how we all gain experience as RPers, and have fun together.

How Do You Design Your Characters?
When inspiration hits me, there's no telling what I'll make. xD
I love fluffable characters with tufts galore, and almost all of them have manes, but in general I like to develop a character and their personality at the same time. Usually none are emaciated or entirely bulky, but most of my female characters have more curves to them. Large, expressive eyes are usually a norm (especially on canines), large ears on canines, and I love colors that compliment and blend with one another in a pleasing way. Muzzles are usually on the smaller side, as well, but they have a strong nose bridge (I just think this makes their profile look very "present").

What Are Your Favorite Maps?
Ah.. I like the detail in Sky's Rim, but I generally don't stay there for too long at a time, unless there are a lot of people, or if I'm RPing (though this is more seldom). Fluorite is fun to explore, and the snow in South Pole is peaceful, but.. Believe it or not, I've become more fond of Bonfire, lately. xD It's nuttier than an almond orchard in there, and while I never RP in there, I rather enjoy the creativity and accepting atmosphere that is so prevalent in there. Sure, it can sometimes be a magnet for trollers and strange-ish entities, but it really is a stimulating place for RP, creativity, and funny, cute ideas.
Plus, I like to keep an eye out for users in there, anyway, so... Win-win.

Which Map Do Your Visit Most?
Bonfire, usually once an hour or more, and I'll sometimes stay there for long periods of time. I like Fluorite and South Pole, too, though. Ficho as well. (Everywhere, there.)

Do You Design Maps, Markings, Presets and Mods For Others?
Every now and then, I'd do all of these except for markings. I've made maps for others, presets, and various mods like recolored interfaces, emotes, etc. for others. It's less common nowadays, but it does happen from time to time.

Anything Else?
If you have a gorgeous character, I'm probably going to whisper you and tell you that.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Dirrane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 05:39:25 pm »
Oh! It was lovely to read all of dem purdy paras.<3
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:58:57 pm by Dirrane »

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 07:07:55 pm »

Hmm, I usually stick to literate mapless roleplays usually invloving canines. I'm not fond of roleplaying as lions for some reason.~ Also, I usually get pretty bored of roleplays so it's easier for me to leave the next day without deleting a map if there is one, etc etc, especially if the group is strict about their members.

I usually keep all of my characters pretty short and petite, and my males look almost the same as my females- thin, large ears, big eyes, short muzzle and lots of tufts and manes.

By design, I have to say Sky's Rim get's the top, however I mostly visit Bonfire when I want to hop into a roleplay or Fluorite plains where I just chill on a rock of something.

Fluorite plains, mainly because a lot of people come there to relax on dem rocks so I can start up a good convo.

I do presets when I can, however I adore making maps, even though they're for my personal use only.

? Anything else? ?

I love to bug people over skype. x3

Offline Roniver

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 10:21:59 pm »

I like deep rps that can make a diffrence. Make complex relationships with chars that it would take HOURS to explain the biology persona likes and dislikes.

I desgined my one and only char Cy by making a long body with short fur and an ever so bushy wolf tail with the colors light brown and dark red.

ANIMAL TESTING AND GALLIFREY.
Gallifrey and bonfire. Bonfire because I LOVEEE how Cy fits in yet stands out.. (INSERT SOMTHING HERE) YEP! CY CAN FIT
Gallifrey because I love Doctor Who, it just brings me peace to be alone in the fields of red grass finding the  PURRFECT leaf.

No.

? Anything else? ?
Murrrfaluilarr, *gets slapped* KAIKAIKAIAKAIKAIAKAIKAIKAIKAIAKAIKAIIIII *A guy just died.*

Offline Dirrane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 02:32:20 pm »
Well then. O-O

I can't really post again cause I've said most o' mine. eue

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 04:54:26 pm »

Often times semi-realistic animal roleplays, Warrior Cat roleplays, fox roleplays, and fantasy creature roleplays.

I would say my character designs are cartoony... in a way. I consider some of them to be semi-realistic. For example, my Kopper fox character has realistic red fox colors and markings, but has unrealistic eye colors and has the appearance that she's wearing eye shadow. I also design characters based on mood and inspiration. My latest character Vixyne was an inspiration I got after watching my boyfriend playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Flourite Plains, and Sky's Rim

Flourite Plains. That's where I roleplay the most, and that's where my friends hang out.

I mostly design presets. I used to design maps at one time, but my game would start crashing because of some plant/tree mods I downloaded.

? Anything else? ?

Not only do I roleplay and chat with friends in the game, I also come to the forums everyday just to see what's happening.
Inactive

Offline EliratheDerp

• Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 12:59:15 pm »
1. Eh, I don't really role-play much but I prefer wolf role-plays over the others.

2. Whatever I can think of really, whatever comes into my mind.

3. Ficho Tunnel and South Pole. They're pretty :D

4. Ficho Tunnel and South Pole. But mostly South Pole because most of the people there can be /entertaining/ and it has almost no lag most of the time.

5. Unfortunately I don't. If you go on my dA and see what a preset I was trying to make turned out like you'd start dying of laughter. xD

6. HI.

"geeettttttt dunked on!!!"