Author Topic: Outlast..- o3o  (Read 4146 times)

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Outlast..- o3o
« on: May 11, 2014, 12:07:19 am »
*Warning* 'Tis a little grotesque.

'Allo dere.

I just wanted to tell y'all about the most epic, horrifying, disturbing, unsettling game in the history of ever that I absolutely love. Though it may not be a very enjoyable concept to many of you, I just adore horror games like this.

-Cue the thunder rolls and violent lightning of terror-
*Spoilers contain slight gore and  scary images. Don't click if said things bother ye*

I've recently bought the game for myself, and. HNNNNG.
I cannot play it for long without getting freaked out and pausing it. XD

Basically, you play as a reporter, investigating some pretty horrifying claims about an old insane asylum.
All you are armed with is a video camera- which is also your only tool to see in the dark with the infared night vision setting.
Inside the asylum, all the patients are horrific looking- victims of physical and metal experiments. Some of them won't notice your presence, and some of them will chase you down. What starts as a simple investigatory story and intrusion quickly turns into something utterly terrifying, and your motive quickly changes into one of escape- but escape is easier said than done. As you learn more about the insane patients, and a deranged doctor- things quickly spiral out of control and you get deeper and deeper involved in the dark secrets the Asylum contains.

You are not a fighter. You either hide or die.

It's an extremely intense experience that will make you cringe and flinch quite often. The realistic aspect of it alone is a huge part that makes it enjoyable.

It can be bought/downloaded on Steam.

Do not play if you have to pee. C:

Player discretion is advised, as it is very very gory and frightening.
]
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline Jane-Doe

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Outlast..- o3o
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 12:11:19 am »
Ughsahdgaskjdsaj
This game is so freaking scary!
My friend and I played together while in a Skype call
and I swear I probably broke the poor lad's eardrums I screamed and squeaked and squealed
and omfg..
The game just..
Its a great and amazing game! The plot and actual story- and the perfectly placed jumpscares that arent cliche and predictable... The game is just awesomesauce xD

Ah just the game..
Oh god..

"The mouth speaks what the heart is full of."

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 12:20:20 am »
Oh god.

I've seen multiple playthroughs of this... Probably the scariest horror game I have ever seen, and I don't usually "jump."
The plot is very unique and the atmosphere is creepy and unsettling which adds to the "jumpscares..." Let's just say you never want to place this in a dark room at night... lol

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 12:24:03 am »
Ughsahdgaskjdsaj
This game is so freaking scary!
My friend and I played together while in a Skype call
and I swear I probably broke the poor lad's eardrums I screamed and squeaked and squealed
and omfg..
The game just..
Its a great and amazing game! The plot and actual story- and the perfectly placed jumpscares that arent cliche and predictable... The game is just awesomesauce xD

Ah just the game..
Oh god..

Ahehe, I know the feel, bro!
Well, I kinda spoiled it for myself by watching Pewdiepie's walkthrough series on it..
But even knowing what happens, it is such a different, scary experience to actually play.
I had to play it bit by bit to beat it because I couldn't handle playing it straight through. I tried it with headphones, but NOPE. Couldn't handle the intenseness. XD

Just a couple days ago they came out with kind of a prequil of the game called Whistleblower.
You play as a patient and it takes place before everything in the first one happens.
I just got it today. Really excited about it. C:

Oh god.

I've seen multiple playthroughs of this... Probably the scariest horror game I have ever seen, and I don't usually "jump."
The plot is very unique and the atmosphere is creepy and unsettling which adds to the "jumpscares..." Let's just say you never want to place this in a dark room at night... lol

LOL I know!
It's such a struggle to play in the dark. Heck, I couldn't even handle Slender by myself. XD
The only reason I beat Outlast was because I always played it with my roommates here and without headphones in. XD
sig by me

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 09:35:17 am »
I watched PewDiePie play it quite a while ago.

You can really imagine being in a place like that with mutilated and insane people wandering around. It's realistic and I love the fact that it's one of those games where you really don't have a choice but run or hide, you can't fight back. There's also the fact that you only have a camera to see in the dark, you don't have a source of light on you. In the dark especially, even just watching a video of someone else play it you do feel like you are there in a way. There are jump scares that made me jump and nearly shriek, I usually don't move at all when it comes to "scary stuff". You can't predict what's going to happen half the time and when you do you're usually wrong, a good reason to grip the mouse and tense up in your chair x3

"Abandoned" and run down facilities such as a hospital or in this case a mental asylum are the best places to set scary games and stories I find. I wrote a short horror story based on this game, of course with different characters and plot but still keeping the same atmosphere.

I saw it on Steam for around $7.00 and as tempted as I was to buy it I don't think I have the guts to play it xD
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline kayla1235

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 12:10:02 pm »
xD I watch PewDiePie play Outlast every day when he uploads whistleblower. It scares the crap out of me when he isn't saying something funny to keep my mind off of something random appearing at any time and making me pee my pants XD! I told my brother it wasn't scary(lied) and then he's like. "OKAY DEN LETS GO GET YOU DAT GAME!" And I quickly said "HECK NO XD"
If I was able to stand the game I would play it, but Ima stick to Pewds..

Thanks for the great sig Tinytail!
What's wrong? I like to smile that's all. I'm quite a nice dog really. -Subject_16

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 03:06:36 pm »
sig by me

Offline Oceanwavez

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 04:48:35 pm »
:D :D :D I Wanna Play it!! It Looks epic!!

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 05:00:29 pm »
I've watched TheRadBrad play it on Youtube, and let metellyou. I want this game so bad, like, i'm a horror movie fanatic and it fits my genre. PLUS, those jump scares, are what really gets me, to be honest. Also, how they chase you and all you hear is the music and something like, "c'mere darling." That really gets your adrenaline pumping. To add to that, it's in a realistic setting; they didn't have to be too creative. Knowing some people actually do this. If I were there, i'd be scared to death. Haha, especially with gender switching... Eugh.. *Le shiver.* Anyway, i'm done with my rant. Haha, if anyone hasn't seen game plays, GOSEETHEM. O.O.~
not active here anymore ♡