Author Topic: A Few Words From The Tall Man  (Read 1384 times)

Sandfury

A Few Words From The Tall Man
« on: August 09, 2014, 08:09:06 pm »
Warning.
This rant slightly suggests offensive things.
If this is not appropriate, please lock this.

Yet another rant. This one goes over the topic of Slenderman.
Here we go...

So you're just sitting down, and a character named Slenderman comes over and starts to act weird. Then everyone is telling you to "Run away!" or "He's going to rape you!"

Okay, hold the phone.
Rape?
From what I have learned that , one that is clearly against the rules, and two, THAT IS NOT SLENDERMAN.

In NO way or FORM does his Creepypasta Wikia says anything about "raping" other people. Even the people who would've made that fictional character would know that would be offensive.

Whether he absorbs, kills, or merely takes his victims to an undisclosed location or dimension is also unknown as there are never any bodies or evidence left behind in his wake to deduce a definite conclusion.

In NO place does it say that he harasses them in an inappropriate way.

Often times it is either reported or recorded that he can be found in sections of woods, and these generally tend to be suburban. He also has been reported seen with large groups of children, as many photographs portray. It is commonly thought that he resides in woods and forests and preys on children. He seems unconcerned with being exposed in the daylight or captured in photos.

Okay, fine he stalks and preys on children, but that does not make him a rapist. You don't know what he would've been thinking. Maybe he was thinking about his childhood, maybe he was human before an evil spirit transformed him into Slenderman. When he "Eats" them, perhaps he just prefer to eat children. Much like a predator, they would be smart and go for the young and weak, rather than the stronger people. Would you rather suprise someone who knows how to use a gun, or someone who doesn't know how to use weaponry? I'd go for option 2.
But still, we don't know what he's thinking. It would be better off if people didn't act so immature over how Slenderman would probably "Rape" others. It is not a topic to be joked about.

Well, that's that.
I'm shaking with anger. But that's my two cents about Slenderman on Feralheart. The reason I made this is because Slenderman is almost always pointed towards the "Troll" section.
Reminder to all, don't make a character unless if you know what they are about.
(Although, no offense to a certain Youtuber (Trying not to name and shame), I believe they made Slenderman into a bad example with their Feralheart video with Slenderman dancing on others in the background.)

Also, please Staff, if this is not appropriate for the forums,
 please edit my post and make it blank before you lock it. Thanks.
(Unless if I need to edit it myself, give me a heads-up! :))

-Sandfury
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 11:27:15 pm by Sandfury »

wolfdog01

Re: A Few Worlds From The Tall Man
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 09:07:42 pm »
I will say that this only bugs me a little bit, because since we don't know what he does to people , we can only imagine  what he will do. Plus he is a fictional character so it is really up to anyone to tweak his personallity here and there. Now when people start yelling out rape or something, then that does bug me a bit. What if the Slenderman was just hanging out with other CPs? I mean unless you are talking in group, preferably RPing, then no one should just blurt out anything like that. I mean yeah I'm fine with a few jokes about serious topics but I hate it when people go on and on about it or they make it into a sort of trend(erman). But that's just my opinion ^^;

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Re: A Few Worlds From The Tall Man
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 09:39:20 pm »
I hardly encounter these Slenderman encounters in the game. But I have seen some people say the lines of, "Run! Slenderman will rape you!" It's just silly and childish, and can be reported. That's what I do whenever I see people throwing rape jokes like that.
I have never come across an official article that claims Slenderman does those kind of nasty things to children. The Slenderman story page doesn't even explain what he does to his victims at all. I think some crazy fangirls came up with the nonsense that he's a rapist... but that's just a thought.
He's a fictional, supernatural monster for crying out loud! But some people let their imagination get the best of them. Like that news story about those two girls who stabbed their friend because they said Slenderman told them to do so.
Inactive

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: A Few Words From The Tall Man
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 11:04:57 pm »
I have only one word that these people that you are talking about Sandfury need to learn: Research.

I've actually looked over two wikis on Slender before out of fun, and I most of the time when I see people act like this, in my head, I go, 'Dude.... That's not how he acts.'
I have a mini rage inside, because most people don't research him to know how he acts, and just takes word-of-mouth as fact.

And, as previously stated by the Lovely people above me: He. Is. FICTION.

He's not REAL, and never will be.
He's not exactly someone to be your role-model either.
Jokes I can understand to a degree, but these people.... No. Just, no.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972