Author Topic: FH on Mac Constantly Crashing  (Read 1031 times)

Offline FizzyPaws

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm too obsessed with Telephone.
    • View Profile
FH on Mac Constantly Crashing
« on: June 24, 2015, 05:02:35 pm »
So I've been thinking: Now that I'm back into FeralHeart again, I would like to play it at my house! When I'm at my dad's, I can play it just fine on his desktop, and it doesn't even lag on Bonfire... but on the other hand, my mom's laptop doesn't run so well.  It's a Macbook, but it's like 6 years old. Feral Heart is constantly crashing, and it hasn't done that before with other games. It could run Gary's Mod better (but she deleted steam sooo...)! Should I just re-download the game? Should I look into helping her clean off all of the unwanted programs?

Specifications:
Mac OSX: Yosemite
FeralHeart: Modded with Mass Markings, and Pawsome Items Pack v.5

It usually crashes when going into fuller worlds, such as Ficho Tunnel, and Fluorite Plains. (I completely avoid Bonfire Island, because I know I will never be able to get back out) I also have difficulties going into places with high amounts of particles, like South Pole.

If you could help, it would be appreciated! If it really is something I could fix with re-downloading, that would be great!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: FH on Mac Constantly Crashing
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 06:26:06 pm »
I don't know much about Mac computers, but I found a link that might help you out. http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=51726.0

It looks to me like you probably should clean off any unwanted programs- they're only making the game slower. Another possible reason for the crashing could be the Mass Markings. Depending on the data availability on your computer, they can take up a lot of space and make things run slower.

Also, did you download the Mac version of the game?

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline FizzyPaws

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm too obsessed with Telephone.
    • View Profile
Re: FH on Mac Constantly Crashing
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 03:59:01 pm »
I'm not sure, if it might be because my FH folders on the desktop. I even have folders such as my_presets out of the FH folder itself. It still starts up perfectly fine. It's really strange. Well, I will tell my mom we should consider cleaning out the Mac again. Last time we did was I don't know when. I also have Pawsome Items, but several of my characters use Mass Markings and Pawsome Items, so deleting those will be my last resort. Thanks anyway!