Author Topic: Zero Creativity  (Read 4226 times)

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
Re: Zero Creativity
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 07:26:29 pm »
i have to agree with the majority of you here;

i hate pitch black characters, as the color blocks out the fur texture. if you're
making a "shadow" character, i suppose it'd be fine, but those are rather popular nowadays with the youngsters.

/scratches beard

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2015, 08:38:13 pm »
Black colored wolves (and other species) don't really bother me even though they're really unoriginal, but what really bothers me is when they're 0,0,0 black. That can't happen in real animals at all because 0,0,0 black is not a color at all.  The only natural way that no-color black can exist on an animal is on the pupil. "Black" colored coats on an animal are usually a really dark version of an existing color or a really dark grey. Black wolves usually have many shades of grey on their pelt. Other majorly dark colored animals such as the black bear or cat have a very dark grey or brown pelts. What I'm trying to say is that the 0,0,0 black I see on a lot of black colored characters is too unrealistic, unoriginal, and it just plain ruins the model imo. It's best to give your black colored character a dark brown or dark grey color. But to each of their own I guess.

Offline Mea_WolfenX

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • Mea_WolfenX
    • MeaWolfenX
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 10:48:29 am »
I Do Like This Post.
But honestly I don't believe the hole subject about the "Black fur thing"
 (no arguments please.. no matter how much you argue a person will believe what they want to believe)

I Too Made An Entire Black Character And People Do It To Seem "Cool"
Same With Trash Talking And Over Flirting... I Do Tend To Become Annoyed But I Don't Show It Bothers Me, For The Sake of Peace In-game.

~*giggle* We Are All Insane At Times!
I Am Mea_WolfenX...

http://tinyurl.com/dxaw8ck <My FH Creations ... FH Preset Creations > https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=60376.0
http://soulsoflegacy.boards.net/ < Owner Of

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 11:31:37 am »
It does kinda bother me since it just seems like laziness to me. I mean, it shouldn't take a whole lot of effort to make it like, 7-7-7 or something right? I guess it's fine sometimes, but sometimes I don't exactly get why it takes so much effort. It probably would look even nicer most of the time without it being pitch-black, but that depends on what the character is.

I was once kind of like that, though, so. //shrug//

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2015, 12:04:25 pm »
No one lacks creativity, I agree with the people who say it is low but if you say it doesn't exist, you're false. They one everyone paints their creativity in their head is awesome but some people see it very different and react to it in a good or bad way depending on their level. Although, it does make sense that leaving plain character has a low creativity but we should always respect what people desire. It's not really nice to go up and tell someone 'You don't have creativity'. It can hurt sensitive people and these kinds of criticisms change people in a bad way.

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 02:21:33 pm »
My opinion is kinda weird and complicated to understand but,
The biggest reason why I made my main character (Ellen) look so colorful with cyan glowing underfur and screaming pink-red markings, is because I really want to spread the creativity around FH when I run around in the maps, and hangout with my friends and people.
And why? (I'm not trying to mean any harm here)
Because I think there are tons of people out there that needs to be more creative with colors, than being a person who plays this awesome game.
 And the people with black characters, with no fur to see, yeah I really think they spread boredom all over FH, with their appearance, but not personality.
I bet it's really hard for you guys to find some real FH players (players who plays this game for good and long while) with such a strong color in character. People with strong colors like me.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:25:31 pm by ?Ellen? »
doing what i feel like

Offline Lavi

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • B I R D Q U E E N
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2015, 07:14:51 pm »
Black canines/felines really don't bother me much. I may dislike the practice of having a realistic character on 000 black, but I wouldn't force my stylistic opinions on them, it's their character and not mine. That said, I do have two characters who do have 000 black pelt colors, my former and current characters of The Kreptic Circle (formerly The Ebon Circle). It does bother me sometimes but since they are shadow-creatures 000 black does help that mental image, in my opinion. From personal experience though, it's best you don't assume what someones stylistic intentions are. Ask them, read their bio, you might be wowed at how some people recreate different characters, animals, whatever in this game.
rip

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2015, 10:10:49 am »
They one everyone paints their creativity in their head is awesome but some people see it very different and react to it in a good or bad way depending on their level.
Thankfully, no one said that they don't have any creativity, only that it is low. And I am not quite sure what you mean by this? I think what you are saying is that everyone shows their creativity in a different way, yus?  I agree. Some people may let their creativity flow when they write or draw, etc. But colouring your character pitch black, bright red or green eyes and putting the 'serious' emote on isn't being creative.  It's slipping into a very common specific personality/attitude and calling it your own. (Even though there are probably 10+ other people currently online who look/act the same.)
It's not really nice to go up and tell someone 'You don't have creativity'. It can hurt sensitive people and these kinds of criticisms change people in a bad way.
Of course.  I don't think anyone here would actually approach one of these people and throw their truthful opinion at them.  I haven't and I don't think I ever will.

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Sippin tea
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2015, 10:19:48 am »
That said, I do have two characters who do have 000 black pelt colors, my former and current characters of The Kreptic Circle (formerly The Ebon Circle). It does bother me sometimes but since they are shadow-creatures 000 black does help that mental image, in my opinion.
Oh, right I forgot about those characters. We are excluding shadow creatures! c: ...And demons, bats, etc. xD
From personal experience though, it's best you don't assume what someones stylistic intentions are. Ask them, read their bio, you might be wowed at how some people recreate different characters, animals, whatever in this game.
Yes, you are right. It's very important to see what their intentions are. Although, this thread is mostly targeted towards wolf/lion characters.  But I will definitely remember to look at bios for future reference.

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Sippin tea
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2015, 10:29:35 am »
My opinion is kinda weird and complicated to understand but,
The biggest reason why I made my main character (Ellen) look so colorful with cyan glowing underfur and screaming pink-red markings, is because I really want to spread the creativity around FH when I run around in the maps, and hangout with my friends and people.
I think it's really great that you are trying to inspire people to be more unique in their ideas! :3
I bet it's really hard for you guys to find some real FH players (players who plays this game for good and long while) with such a strong color in character. People with strong colors like me.