Author Topic: The Lynx-Deer And More!  (Read 1380 times)

Offline wolflinklove

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
The Lynx-Deer And More!
« on: November 14, 2015, 01:06:59 am »
Lynx-Deers(Felis Sarpados)

The Lynx-Deers are my new species! They're a mix of a Lynx and a Deer clearly. I haven't thought up a neat name to call them by yet but they do 'ave a Scientific name though.

Males:

They are generally tall with large horns that most normally decorate with shiny objects or anything else that might seem appealing to the females durnin' the spring time. Their pelts range from a light dusty brown to almost dark brown that looks nearly black. Due to the males havin' more of the Deer's genetics their bodies(Hind legs) are normally slightly darker then their pelt and rather thick in fur and their hind paws are hooves.

Females:

The female side of this species are much more smaller then the males and is much more danity looking, only their hind paws are hooves so they do not receive the genes that are allowing their hind legs/lower half of their body to get the thicker and slightly darker fur. They normally have small horns that can be barely noticeable or none at all depending on how much of the Deer gene they have.

Subspecies:

Gryffin-Deer(Still thinkin' up a neat name) - A mix of a Gryphon and a Deer. Males get large horns and front legs are bird like(Same with their front paws) and their lower half of their body is thick furred, they have large, elk like horns. They have a thick mane and a lion-like tail. - Females are smaller and are less bird like but still have wings like males. Females normally have no horns. -Both have wings-

Drageer - A mix of a Dragon and a Deer - Males - thickly furred, plenty of scales on their legs and face, winged, has large horns. - Females - Still thickly furred, scales on their front paws, winged, small horns or none at all.

More to come later!

Mutations:

Dwarfism 1 - The creature seems to be slightly more smaller then the considered average height for their age and might have less agility compared to the others.

Dwarfism 2 - The creature appears to be nearly the size of a Kit/Hatchling. They're definitely slower then normal and a bit more defenseless. - Begins to show at their adolescent stage.

Achromia - The pelt/scales/feathers of the creature appear to be snow white, the eyes of the creature is pink, same with the nose, and the inner ears. - Appears at birth.

Melenism - The pelt/scales/feathers of the creature are jet black, the eyes of the creature is jet black. The same with everything else. - Appears at birth.

Wingless - Drageer & Gryphon-Deer Only - The wings do not grow or come in at all, if they do slightly grow in but stop to be really small that is a rare case but they will not grow any more then that. However, the slightly grown wings will seem to get larger when they start to grow up. - Appears at birth.

More mutations to come!

If you've got a name f'er any of the species or just generally like the species, y'er free to make one as long as ye speak with me first. I'll be makin' a group for the Lynx-Deer species and it's subspecies.

Also, I'll be putting up information of the Kit/Hatchling looks soon.