2 (1.7%)
I dont mind them...
48 (40%)
They annoy me a little
18 (15%)
I like them :D
52 (43.3%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: "Bald" characters!  (Read 10304 times)

Offline Viirsahvot

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • Viirsahvot
    • View Profile
Re: "Bald" characters!
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2016, 02:57:37 pm »
Bald characters I have to say I pretty cool after some time getting use to them, though I only use manes on canines to give them a tuft of hair on their heads. The felines look amazing without manes for rp like a lioness or a cat. With out a mane on a feline it looks amazing.

art by Grav3wolf on DA
Character by Viirsahvot on DA and FH

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2016, 04:03:41 pm »
Ohhh how come I never saw this topic before xD?

Well I don't mind bald characters and have actually had a few before. What does bother me though is when I've had a character with a mane and then suddenly remove it xD Example there was this one time I decided to remove Sura's mane.... It was freaky lol. He felt so small and naked to me.

Honestly I don't like the canine manes too much and if we had more cool options for fur & tufts I would probably use those instead of manes. The feline manes are fab though :P Again though I wouldn't mind if we had more manes & tufts.

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2016, 04:13:53 pm »
I see nothing wrong with bald characters, but sometimes I use manes, or tufts on my characters because it looks more realistic to me. :3

Offline Rostova

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • BurrBoi
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2016, 07:55:54 pm »
Personally, i HATE bald characters. I have eye-covers and full manes on all my canine characters, and cheek tufts on my felines. Bald characters aren't really my type.

Lights and streetlamps flicker in the snow

Offline FelFeyn

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • FelFeyn Sergal, at your service!
    • FelFeyn
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2016, 01:06:34 am »
For me, it really depends on the character. If I'm going for realism, then I usually wont use a mane(unless I'm being a male lion, then I'll use a mane depending on the age), but I will usually use tufts. If I'm being unrealistic, or using my artistic liberty, I'm going to use whatever fits that character, and 99% of the time, they have a mane lol
I do have a few "bald" characters too, such as Shortkit, my joke Warrior Cat oc, who I actually grew really attached to...
But really, it just depends on the person and their preferences. So long as someone is happy with their character, that's all that matters! c:

-waves- Hullo~
Stop by my dA
>Here!<
And get my presets >Here!<

Offline RenegadeRaptor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • The Wiccan Wolf
    • http://reccewolf.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2016, 01:01:51 pm »
I say it depends on the character- and the character designs. I dont mind Lioness' being bald- but some of the warriorcats scare me when I see them. Wolves I definitely  don't like bald because I was so use to seeing alot of fluffy Wolves.

~Recce~

Offline Lexxeck

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Terrible internet connection.
    • lexxeck
    • lexxeck
    • lexxeckboveri
    • View Profile
    • Lex's Listography
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2016, 11:30:28 pm »
It depends for me. Lionesses, I keep bald with the occasional cheek fluff. Male lions always have a mane, for me. Wolves? I haven't made any on this account yet, but they've historically had headfur almost 100% of the time. I think they're cuter that way! c:
Av by Wogh387

Offline bunnylions

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • I'm stupid and I'm proud! :D
    • KazeoLion
    • channel/UCIabUy2dwwyNBHYt7j49XzA
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2016, 12:44:22 am »
Almost all of my kitties (and wolfies) that I use are bald (with the exception of Squint the Shinx plus some characters I don't use). I like them.
Did you know I make games? :D
Meow.

Offline hellensilverwolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • babayagaga
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2016, 08:37:42 pm »
Depends on "baldness". I love characters with floofs all over their bodies but I really dislike the actual "human" hair. Depends on character aswell. Most  of them (mostly felines) really rock their hairstyles, others don't. I'd say what they remind me of but don't want to hurt feelings and break forum rules. Each on their own I guess.

I'll go a little off-topic and say that I wish we had more realistic wolf fur for our characters. Current one looks rather odd to me. I'm afraid I might unintentionally cut someone someday c:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 08:42:22 pm by ?Marishka? »

-WhereSunRises-

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2016, 03:22:51 pm »
Oh woooow! Thanks for so many comments, I read them all :D Very interesting to know opinions of other people. Seriously, thanks :)