Poll

What do YOU think about the new update?

Awesome
Great
It's Okay..
don't like it.
I HATE it!

Author Topic: The New update/Patch causes people to leave?  (Read 4547 times)

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
Re: The New update/Patch causes people to leave?
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 01:10:18 am »
Hopefully some of the people aspiring to leave for such reasons see this thread and give the update a chance.

I really agree with the point of users feeling like 'noobs' again. In the long run, these maps will feel like home in just a few short weeks. A much more detailed and realistic home, mind you.

I think another factor (more so based around reason 2 and 3 in the original post) is that people aren't sure where to settle just yet. Newer players tended to flock to Bonfire, most rps spanned across FP, and so on. I don't think many like the idea of getting accustomed to these areas moving around the new maps. Again though, within time everything is going to feel normal.

And to bring Shurtle, Rizzla, and Florence's points in, some of the users cutting down the update are the same handful that used to be saying FH needed to be updated, or that the Feralheart team should give up on the game.

We really do need to remember that so many people put tons of time into making this update possible. Kind suggestions on how to improve in the future would be the right way to go about things, rather than talking trash about it.

Thanks for bringing this to light, Vee. I feel as though a lot of people will be more willing with the update due to your words.

Quote from: ~Vee~
everyone has their opinions. and feel free as a bird to share them! but always remember to be grateful for the things you are given and always take advantage of it some way. Always give everything a chance

^
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 03:44:07 am »
i would love it if the original maps were added to the game as custom maps, but overall it's fine for me. to be completely honest this game well needed a refurbish. i love the old maps and they held a lot of memories for me, but they were just so old and predictable. the other additions were needed too. i'm glad the staff did the best they could to update the game, despite what has been left behind.

if anyone leaves because of this update, that's completely understandable and it's a free choice. the game was such a big part of many people and having all your old spots taken away is pretty heartbreaking. the staff do not need backlash because of this update though, because imo that just doesn't make any sense. an update was asked and asked for years and we finally got it. remember that the staff have no access to the original source code so big changes could not be done.

i'm not trying to kiss any butts at all, so sorry if i come off as that.

Offline FelFeyn

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • FelFeyn Sergal, at your service!
    • FelFeyn
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 05:00:44 am »
     While I can't say I LOVE the updates, I am enjoying them. The new maps are all really, really pretty(holy hell, Grotto is amAZING!), and I'm always discovering new little spots in the maps every time I revisit them. Like the potted sapling in Cherika Valley! I only noticed that yesterday! c:

While it is unfortunate that people would leave a game due to an update they didn't like, before giving it a real chance, it is their choice, and there's nothing we can do about it. Hopefully they'll find a game they enjoy just as much as they had the ol' FH, and they'll continue living a happy life.
     People come and go all the time, and it does suck, but as people leave, more will come in. We just need to look back on old memories with fondness, and look forward to making many more happy ones <3

-waves- Hullo~
Stop by my dA
>Here!<
And get my presets >Here!<

Offline Rest

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 09:37:37 am »
Heck, I may of lost myself a couple of times in the ficho tunnels, but that updated somehow got FH to work for me again, and I am gracious for it!! Loving the maps, despite The Grounds just dying to death from lag, i'm starting to get use to all the new places. (Oh what the heck, I can't even find the grotto! x'D plzhelpmetho.)
ThatOddThingThere~

Offline DraconiaHeart

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm a lover not a fighter
    • Draconia-Heart
    • freya-amoura
    • View Profile
    • Commission Site
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 12:15:03 pm »
Honestly it saddens me greatly to see so many users leave just because of the update to the game.
Some users I had not seen around the community for that long while others I had seen for a good amount of time. First it was the hacking and new protection thing that caused users to leave, and now this. It saddens me to see people with such short fuses for this game. If something is not their way or is different from what they are used to they just up and leave.

I respect many users opinions, but it does hurt to see them leave. If users are leaving due to issues of not being able to come online that is fin, and I understand it. Though users do need to give things a chance, and to try to find possible solutions to their many issues for this game. If they can't then we will see more people leave, and it will just break my heart more.

Username: Draconiaheart

Siggy: Deerlynngs