Author Topic: Why has the YT community turned so cruel? (Warning; Rant.)  (Read 6030 times)

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Why has the YT community turned so cruel? (Warning; Rant.)
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2016, 02:33:32 am »
Yeah... I see people being racist to a black 8 year old  And then Rosystar who tried to die because of bullying
This is why kids should not fly off into the internet unless kids wanna end up like me

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 07:52:29 pm »

About the video. Different genders and sexualities that I think are just weird. I acknowledge that someone can be gay, hetero or bi. Transsexual.. well.. I dunno. For genders it is certain, you're either a man or a woman. I can't see there being any other genders because it is biologically IMPOSSIBLE. Unless you have both genders, that it possible for some creatures, but not humans.

Nothing hateful to anyone like I said, I just express my thoughts on the subject.

I have to agree with this too, actually. I personally believe that there is male, female, or choosing to express no gender, but other than that... ehh...
Before anyone COMES for me, I DO understand that there is a difference between sex and gender. There are TWO sexes, with the exception of Klinefelter (XXY chromosomes) and similar disorders (XXX for example), and 2 genders that can be expressed or not expressed.

Now, back onto the Youtube subject, these are OBVIOUS trolls, many of the time. However, I'd bet the farm a few of the "haters" are LGBT themselves. I'm not going to restate what I've already stated in my previous posts, but it makes other LGBTs feel out of place, fake, on a pedestal, etc.
I personally couldn't finish watching the video.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline m2dis123

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • May Shadow Guide Me
    • STEAM_0:0:36124471
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2016, 12:46:01 am »

About the video. Different genders and sexualities that I think are just weird. I acknowledge that someone can be gay, hetero or bi. Transsexual.. well.. I dunno. For genders it is certain, you're either a man or a woman. I can't see there being any other genders because it is biologically IMPOSSIBLE. Unless you have both genders, that it possible for some creatures, but not humans.

Nothing hateful to anyone like I said, I just express my thoughts on the subject.

I have to agree with this too, actually. I personally believe that there is male, female, or choosing to express no gender, but other than that... ehh...
Before anyone COMES for me, I DO understand that there is a difference between sex and gender. There are TWO sexes, with the exception of Klinefelter (XXY chromosomes) and similar disorders (XXX for example), and 2 genders that can be expressed or not expressed.

Now, back onto the Youtube subject, these are OBVIOUS trolls, many of the time. However, I'd bet the farm a few of the "haters" are LGBT themselves. I'm not going to restate what I've already stated in my previous posts, but it makes other LGBTs feel out of place, fake, on a pedestal, etc.
I personally couldn't finish watching the video.

Of course there are lots of trolls. There are weird people out there who enjoy making others feel bad. But there are also those people who are too scared to tell their opinion out loud. Youtube is rather big place where you can be rather anonymous. People say things for lols while others actually can speak their mind freely. That's also a reason why there is much more hate when you can be anonymous. People say things what they really think.

YouTube hasn't turned cruel, it's just becoming more human-like.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2016, 01:29:37 am »
Well, the reason why there is a lot of dislikes on that video is because much of the Youtube community refers LGBT+ acceptance as extremist "Tumblr feminist" views. You know, the "UR TRIGGERING ME!!!" thing. Such extremists are often the target for such hate, and because people blow this out of proportion all LGBT+ advocates are laughed at. For example, if you refer yourself as non-binary you are automatically told off and labeled.

Youtube is a big site with tons of people on it. You will get many different opinions so it'll really depend on what side of the site you go to. Unfortunately, the community is mainly centered around hate and getting popular by pessimism and harassment. The LGBT+ community is still a taboo for many people so it's not much of a surprise that this video got so much hate. Plus, Google is a mulit-million dollar company, and companies of the like are often viewed as impassive to the regular people and hop on to what's popular just to get attention. I'm pretty sure Google is very LGBT+ friendly judging by the type of people who work there, but not a lot of people like Google as a company.

Despite being a person who's in the LGBT group, I'm not super-duper passionate about LGBT+ acceptance. I'm not angered by this, but just kind of upset that there can be so much hate on one little video about kindness.