Author Topic: United Halves  (Read 6117 times)

Offline Lasatzu

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Pumpernickel
    • ChurchofHuh
    • Alphuh Omeghuh
    • View Profile
United Halves
« on: November 27, 2016, 09:08:34 am »
Hello. Welcome to our species FAQ! If you are at all interested in becoming a potential longterm member, however, or have any questions or preconceived notions, you are 100% required to view the link directly below!! Thanks for stopping by.

https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=59443.msg816077#msg816077

**HUH, HUHchurch, species and affiliates belong to Banditmask/MK and Lasatzu/whitedragonoftheeast. If you are not a member of the group, the deviantart/drawn species is closed (you can find a link to our official DA page in group link above). Once you join, and stay within the group, your avatar will be drawn as a sign of ownership, welcome and appreciation of loyalty from the huhs. We look forward to meeting you and if you have interest in joining, let us know via PM or grounds. Thanks.**

Above here are the three main categories. You can also find the references in our bios. The huh, the she-huh, and the lol (courtesy of Cymoril, for their lovely colorscheme).

Glossary: The huh of course, is an orange, pink, and lavender cream alien, who makes its home in the temperate climates of FYLGIA-JORBEZMENT. The original pair has the ability to split into two equal parts, then four, then six, eight, and so on. The "huh" will never get lonely due to its expansive reproductive abilities. In this way, it is always surrounded by family, in safety from the predatory Umu and its ally the Hmm.

Each "huh" can be different. In fact, when the original pair is made and makes more, the colors, the quills, and even the physical traits will change just a little, because each time they are made a little differently. Varied, no two alike, but united still one in the same. Like people. Differences are equal throughout all three circles, though size of male and "female" (both are actual androgyn) huh is smaller, the LOL being the largest of the three. Also noted is that the fem huh is pouched, a marsupial. (it has two so there is more room to move around. an internal and external) It carries young around inside, up to two, which is how much it usually starts with. There is a reference below. The male and female can lactate, and the "sweat" milk on their fur is the richest in the world. With energy that is. A normal human would go faint of heart at drinking it.

Behavior: Huhs are very playful, random, and like parrots, often picking up random overheard words and adopting their own meaning to them. Usually they associate them with feelings. "Pumpernickel" is a good example. It can be used as a declaration of happiness or a glad hello. "Feeds" is another word huhs can use, usually in flocks of two or more, or around others, when the huh finds the conversation or interaction captivating or stimulating. It feeds off energy (known as FEED), but can also eat tangible foods to sustain. Mainly fruit and vegetable containing keratin. Among other vocabularies, when not parroting, it speaks in a "zealous" or "religious" cryptic fashion, due to other planets not speaking their native tongue.

Overall, behaviorally, Huhs and fems are generally peaceful, and as you can see they have not much for offense other than the tuft of quills on the head. They are however quite laid back because their giant ears will pick anything up that's coming their way, and usually the LOL of the church will be there to protect them, if their swiftness and confusing, mirage-like movements are not enough. They also make homes in both trees and ground to escape predators. Their shovel-shaped nails being made of hardened calcite, they burrow easily.

Huh's behavior intermingles with that of a coyote's, parrot's (stated previously), but also have meerkat and hyena-like traits, and some that are just plain alien. And to most everyone, it just doesn't make sense! (oh well) This explains why they almost never stop moving. When they do, it is almost a given that they will "recombine", becoming one again, often taking certain formations such as the "cross of huh", the "cerberus huh", "lean formation", or the "pushme-pullyou huh" (standing with each pointing in a different direction such as in a cross or compass, sitting with heads in all different directions so that they may see everything around them, circling persons of interest and resonating FEED energy and love vibes to them, or back to back if there are two, either sitting laying or standing, if there are just two, otherwise it forms a cross.)

Their movement and body language is jerky, jumpy, and shifty, like a roo or mongoose. It is more fox or catlike among females. The LOL can take on both stances with time, but it prefers lumbering, as it is a defensive species, strong and surefooted.

Appearance: Though huh as a species do not differ in gender, as all pairs can grow both, roles remain.
The "female" huhs, serve as sentinels, and protect baby huhs, and there is usually only one LOL per tribe of huhs. Male huh dabble a bit in both. These can also vary in color and shape but it is to be noted that huhs, if you wish to be considered an official one, are any shade of orange, white/grey, and pink, (unless specified by leaders or are one of the above). Keep in mind none could be pitch black, as only hybrids have this potential. Females are more muted with usually long noses and tufts of quills (softer and more well groomed than males, or sometimes none). Below is a depiction courtesy of the OTHER leader Banditmask/MK, and unlike the other art, does not belong to me but to her. LOLs are white, black and red, usually gentle giants, demure, and very big and protective. Huhtribes and huhchurch usually refer to them less formally as grandpas. Because this is a rare expression of ancient huh genes.

Other things to note:

Huhs are born in litters of two, but if they split again the third is a mutation. This mutation contains more different colors or slight anatomical mutations such as in the tail where as normal huh have more slight differences throughout. Mintchild is a good example, and rarer still has tail and pigment mutation. The mutated will either serve as the protector of its twin siblings or will go off to seek a mutation that is most similar to itself, in order to form a tribe under the church. Think of the church as a country but tribes as states.

Below, also, is a reference to the mysterious UMU people, both feared and respected by the huh for generations. These are more open of a species, and though not strictly a villain, would serve as the "rival pack" to the huh church.

Not much is known, except that they are always black jaguar or panther colored in different shades, that they smell "foul" and they are very big, preying in the jungles on the toenails of unsuspecting or careless huh tribesmen. (The toenails are of special significance being made out of pure calcite, which is a delicacy and source of power for umu). Strange is it also that despite how different they may first appear, huh and umu can interbreed. Huhs taken captive by umu are not unheard of, most commonly females. Both have pouches, spines, and prehensile tails. It is speculated umus evolved from early huh, branching to create their own species.

So thats the huh. If interested further such as in members or joining, again, we suggest going here: http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=59443.new#new thanks
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 08:58:44 am by Lasatzu »

☼ Harm none, do as ye will. ☼

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: United Halves
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 02:57:21 pm »
Wow, these sound like a very interesting species. All the information you included was very well thought out and detailed too. Hope to see some of the Huh's running around FH!
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Lasatzu

• Curious Wanderer
  • Pumpernickel
    • ChurchofHuh
    • Alphuh Omeghuh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 06:13:50 pm »
Well, thank you..! That means a lot. Despite it, we've seen some people making huh or huh themed characters even before the release of this, but I don't think they even know about the actual species lol. They just think it's for giggles so they make one. o.e

Oh well, such is the nature of the huh. To some extent. Though our group plans to do serious literal roleplay in the future...

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 09:15:13 pm »
Well, thank you..! That means a lot. Despite it, we've seen some people making huh or huh themed characters even before the release of this, but I don't think they even know about the actual species lol. They just think it's for giggles so they make one. o.e

Oh well, such is the nature of the huh. To some extent. Though our group plans to do serious literal roleplay in the future...

Ah well at least they get the image around, eh? xD I wish ya lots of luck on your role-play with your group, sounds like a lot of fun!
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline TheExperience

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Been Busy
    • http://unfilteredart.deviantart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 06:15:24 am »
This is very well thought out and detailed. I especially love their anatomy! <3

Offline Lasatzu

• Curious Wanderer
  • Pumpernickel
    • ChurchofHuh
    • Alphuh Omeghuh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 09:34:52 pm »
Thank ya kindly.. o: Yep they just keep expanding in plot, I ought to update this once I have enough on them.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 12:08:58 am »
Very interesting and unique species you've got here. I love it :)

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 03:41:38 am »
Cute! The part about the huhs hearing words and assigning a new meaning to them is very unique ^^
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Lasatzu

• Curious Wanderer
  • Pumpernickel
    • ChurchofHuh
    • Alphuh Omeghuh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 07:34:23 am »
Thank you all kindly. I'm glad the species is being well received!

I may be updating this post soon. I have recently been developing them more currently than in times previous, which will hopefully be helpful for members looking to roleplay. I also seek a place where I can put up all the group's members in full reference. I only have one or two here in this section.

Offline Chilled.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Heh, Look At The Hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 05:53:44 am »
-Claps- Let these Huh's unite!