Author Topic: "Active" Groups  (Read 4738 times)

Offline Jokerster

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • call me charlie pls !
    • View Profile
Re: "Active" Groups
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 05:02:32 am »
tbh i think groups nowadays just say that to get ppl to join lmao-
its rare to find a rlly GOOD and active group, sometimes the person who creates one can be extremely devoted to their rps but it can be a struggle when those around dont really care to do the same ! now its just like, "hey, i'll join, and never return ahahah"

however the group i made back in 2015 has lasted for quite a while !!! we recently had our anniversary and im rlly happy at how far we've come, but it is strictly now a private group- close friends only due to bad experiences w people. rip
it can be hard to find good groups, and those who have been around for a long time won't always be willing to accept newcomers,,, perhaps u can try considering you make your own group !
guess im supposed to put an edgy picture here w my fursona

Offline barghosts

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • free pizza for life
    • chewgags
    • chewgags
    • coffeemo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 06:24:18 am »
it's disappointing to see so many groups have high hopes of staying active but then they die so quickly, but it can't be helped: moving, school, work, more personal reasons; they are become too high in pressure of focusing on them instead of RPs

KERMIT IT'S NOT A COOKIE

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 08:36:34 am »
More often than not, the more active roleplay time is around summer when school is over etc. During the school months, it's hard to find active groups because of focus not being on the game. But yeah, groups sprout up then die off most times, and that's been happening since the beginning.
I do recommend scoping out some of the larger more active groups here on the forum via the Group Advertising Board and at The Grounds in-game.
You might find a dedicated group out there still, but with the member count in-game decreased during this time of year, it might take some time.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2017, 04:51:46 pm »
Ah, yes, the dreaded /in/active groups. I've been in quite a few m'self to know that 'tis tough trusting any recruiters with their claims. I also know, from lots of experience, that some groups just don't last due to their chosen theme- and of course the hypocritical members that say they enjoy the group and will "be back tomorrow." Hah!

But yes, y'er members and y'er group theme are key to staying active. I once held a tribal wolf roleplay many moons ago that didn't last due to lack of members. I also held a tsavo lion pride (what a joke that was). 'Twas going to be highly realistic with lion traits and physical features, but no one wanted to join because the males can't grow manes. XD

So, what truly makes an active group and how do ye find one? Look f'er the group with active leaders (a lot of great roleplays 'ave been mentioned, so ye can tell their work has payed off) and active members- people ye see on with the leader a lot. Of course, the latter may be more difficult if their privately mapped (wee floofs hiding amongst the mappers, but I'm sure he'll find what y'er looking f'er!

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline FOXHOUND

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • V HAS COME TO
    • onegun
    • @OO1GUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2017, 08:25:08 pm »
groups require a very specific kind of memberbase and evolving plot line / interest to keep its audience present, imo. the groups that proclaim themselves active & truly remain that way are the ones with an evolving plot that still allows freedom to ITS members I think? Alternatively groups with fewer but lasting memebers also do this - in the spirit of Quality over Quantity. it's all super iffy tbh and very few people who start groups can get a handle on the dedication and constant evolution it requires. groups capable of sticking around for even a few months are honestly successful imo at this point! it's a tough job leading everything and not only requires dedication of admins but also dedication of the random people who join which really is asking a Lot :o

" HE EATS TO ABANDON PARADISE! "