Author Topic: [PROFESSIONAL HELP NEEDED] Feral Heart Water in Impressive Title, HOW?!  (Read 4304 times)

Offline trowalyn

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • chicky nuggies
    • View Profile
Hey, we've been searching for an answer for months now and no one can help us!

We have tried a lot of codes already and were looking around on KITO but weren't successful
We really want this water ingame like Wolf Soul had.
So is there someone who knows how to convert the FH water into IT?

We'd really appreciate it if you're able to show or help us how to do it!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 08:59:27 pm by trowalyn »

xSpirit

a
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 08:34:18 pm »
a
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 05:35:33 pm by xSpirit »

Offline trowalyn

• Forum Newcomer
  • chicky nuggies
    • View Profile
she hates you for good reasons, it was -Removed by moderator- what you did

Anyways, thanks for that but it will cause too much lags, hope there is someone who knows how to do it or can contact myz for us
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 09:40:30 pm by Morgra »

Offline trowalyn

• Forum Newcomer
  • chicky nuggies
    • View Profile
Bump, anyone?

Offline trowalyn

• Forum Newcomer
  • chicky nuggies
    • View Profile
Bump

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
I'm not professional or anything but....    The reflections or the collision boxes?  I've tried to apply the reflections to objects with varying success but not 100% sure how to do it in IT, pretty sure it'd be simple though.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 09:02:54 pm by Kuri »
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline trowalyn

• Forum Newcomer
  • chicky nuggies
    • View Profile
Both!

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
Im Grunde ist das eine Ogre spezifische Sache. Man muss sich den Wassercode halt aus den FH Dateien raussuchen und mit dem Code in It ersetzen. Soweit die Theorie, in wie fern das dann auch so klappt ist fraglich. Womöglich kann man auch einfach ein Custom Wasser mit der reflektierenden Fläche machen. Ich gebe da aber keine Garantie drauf.

So it should be working just with ogre. Look for the reflecting watercode in FH and paste it to the IT water code. Thats just a theory, if it really works is questionable.
Maybe you can just make a custom water and use the FH coding for it. I cant guarantee that this works thou.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
That's the thing though.  i was looking int the copy of IT i had and couldn't find the water or texture for it.  i did put the water reflect onto billboards and mesh in FH though.  Only worked from odd angles so you can't fake the water reflect as an object very well.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Vilivikhorith

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • \n\n\n\n
    • View Profile
All you need to do is take the `water.material`, `water.cg`(from FeralHeart/media/materials), and place them somewhere in your resource load path. Then just do `water->setMaterialName("WaterReflectMat");` or something like that, when the water is given a material in the code. Or just take the 'WaterReflectMat' section of the material (the .cg file is still important, it has the GPU shader program...). Or something!!!

That's the thing though.  i was looking int the copy of IT i had and couldn't find the water or texture for it.  i did put the water reflect onto billboards and mesh in FH though.  Only worked from odd angles so you can't fake the water reflect as an object very well.
Using `WaterReflectMat` also works for objects in FH, but because of how the shader script was made, you just get a shiny, reflective, flat puddle, that can, however, be rotated! :V Using several objects you could prolly like... Build a giant water cube or sumfin'.