Author Topic: Hugant(Creation instructions added)  (Read 2618 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
Hugant(Creation instructions added)
« on: June 03, 2017, 05:56:25 pm »
A short topic about a species I made, I have not checked for any similar species.

The Hugants are vicious creatures that feed only on immortal beings in a desperate attempt to gain immortality themselves(But that never works and just leaves their target hurting).
Hugants only exist to gain supreme power, but they never achieve that goal.
Hugants are enemies of many beings and they don't mind sparring... To the death. If anyone angers them they will stop at nothing to make their victim pay, so be careful for they can kill a mortal although they can only leave immortal victims hurting badly. They're always up for a battle whenever they get the chance.

Appearance

They are be a dark hue of red or green(Or both) and they also wear a chain collar that denotes their status. (Grey means no group while red means Leader, blue means Hunter(Lead by an Arbitrium), purple(?) means Scout(Searches for threats and alerts others upon spotting danger), grey-and-white means Prisoner and gold means Arbitrium(Arbitrium("Decision" in latin)s are always the ones to find prey and are the only ones besides the Leader that can sense whether another being is mortal or immortal, they lead hunters) .)

Feeding off of their victims

They feed on all those unable to die, and victims are chosen at random by either Leaders or Assassins.
To feed, they open their mouths wide to expose insect jaws that look like the crest of a Stag Beetle, then they clamp on to their victim's leg and won't let go until they're full. Their feeding process hurts the victim a lot but they have a venom that stops their victims from struggling or even moving while they feed, the venom wears off right after the Hugant lets go of the victim's leg.

How they are formed

Hugants are formed when a wolf strays into their territory, something about the smell of their territory triggers the changing process. Changes start at the stomach and gradually continue to affect the rest of the body. The changing process can be halted by consuming spinach.
Changes that take place include: Skin changing color(Don't have to modify your char, just pretend. Unless you can remember the colors your char had before the change) and bouts of excruciating pain caused by organs changing inside(Which feels like organs are rupturing).

Their weakness

Everyone has a weakness, and so does every species. Hugants happen to be weak against Carbon Dioxide(It burns their skin upon even slight contact, it's why they don't breath) and that is why they stay a meter away from mortal beings.

Creation

Hugants can be any dark shade of red or green(Not blue) and they don't have any black (No Endless-Void Black(0 0 0) either) on them. They only use the Canine model. Their size can be anywhere from maximum(But only fully max one slider) to small(But only fully minimum one slider). To create the dark hue of the pelt, experiment with the sliders but keep them low. Pelt and Underpelt are similar colors but not both the same. Markings can be a different color than the pelt but are still kept dark unless the markings are scars.
Items are sabre fangs of any type(Required), and any type of horns(Optional but, the young of this species doesn't have horns).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 06:23:35 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
Re: Hugant
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 04:11:26 am »
I loved reading about Hugants! The way the feast was really fascinating to me and how wolves turn into Hugants slowing it down with spinach, how unique!

Amazing job FlyingGrass!

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
Re: Hugant(Creation instructions added)
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 08:32:51 pm »
Thank you for your feedback! While I was creating the topic I was going to put Tree Sap as the remedy for the transformation until I got the crazy thought that people might attempt to consume Tree Sap irl if I listed it(Tree Sap is not for consuming unless it's Maple Sap).

Now that I have posted this topic describing Hugants I am creating a pack of Hugants.

Everyone is welcome to create their own pack of Hugants.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

ola232

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 06:31:05 pm »
Hello, i really liked the species and made my own character that is hugant. Here he is

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 06:29:34 pm »
Hello, i really liked the species and made my own character that is hugant. Here he is
I am working on starting a Hugant pack for anyone whom is looking to join an already-made pack with that species, link:https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=60811.msg839013#msg839013

Anyone is welcome to create their own pack!

My presets.