Poll

(Please read the post first) Where should the group take place?

Among a snowy, rocky area with great heights, an eternal but survivable winter.  Rocks and snow constantly tumble from the peaks.
0 (0%)
Among canyons and desert, like the ol' west.  Cold and haunting winds carry throughout the evenings.
0 (0%)
The plains/country side, with tall grasses and endless streams and brooks. An abandoned farm offers shelter from powerful winds.
1 (100%)
A dry looking mountain range, perhaps the mountains were once touched by an engulfing fire.  A shallow river runs through.
0 (0%)
Among a scottish seashore or bay.  The waves and tides are powerful.  Primarily green grass and towering rocks.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Seeking Canine RPers  (Read 803 times)

Offline sorachigo

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • bloop
    • View Profile
Seeking Canine RPers
« on: September 26, 2017, 07:36:38 pm »
(Forgive me if this was posted under the wrong board, I just did what I thought was most appropriate ;w; )

I've had a pretty good idea of the kind of RP I'd like to make here soon, but I don't know what sort of environment it should take place in.  It is essentially about a pack of mutts known as the "Hunds"
In our story, the Hunds have existed for many many years, and their legend is passed on to even among town dwelling dogs.
The idea is that anyone can find the Hunds, if they are determined enough to look.

I haven't fleshed this part out yet, but there'd be some sort of abandoned road or long river that any dog who is seeking the pack of the Hunds can follow.

New members can have the option of being pack born, skipping their introduction, or being introduced to the pack by a patrol.  A patrol/the leader will find your character wondering the path/river of the Hund, and ask one simple question.
"Why have you walked the path of the Hund?" or something along the lines.

The RP will feature daily writing prompts and a gorgeous but simple map...  my problem?
I can't heckin' decide what kind of environment they should live in!  I have a forum ready, I have many height maps ready, but I just can't decide on the overall terrain and setting.

It would greatly help me if, even if you don't really RP canines that often, you all could tell me what you think would be the most interesting/original sort of setting for the group so I can get to map making?
Keep in mind the pack's way of life will change depending on their environment i.e among canyons and deserts, they'll likely need to travel a ways for water.  In the dry looking mountain range with shallow rivers, they'll probably have to fish a lot for food as a lot of the mountains lack prey.  Among a scottish or irish seashore, they'd likely and naturally be deathly afraid of the tides and ocean and stay far away.
 And so on, and so fourth.

Each design would feature a path, old road, or water source that those seeking the Hunds would follow until they found them. 

any additional input on the group or territory design would be appreciate below.  I'll be closing the poll in one week.

And if interested in the Hunds, please feel free to PM me or add me in game. (:  Could use some helpers.