Author Topic: Ikao(Open)  (Read 3311 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
Ikao(Open)
« on: June 21, 2017, 04:02:42 pm »
This is a dangerous species that was known to reside in an unknown land, but has migrated to The Grounds in search of willing victims to help their species.

They start off at pup size with the length slider the highest the other sliders will allow, and they don't grow unless they find a host.
Their skin is covered in scales like a snake and they have very short legs, those three features make them look like salamanders.
Their stubby legs aren't much use for moving on land, so they move to an adoption center and stay there until someone wants to look after them.
When someone chooses them they will begin the process of feeding on their new parent by phasing through their stomach and becoming a parasite, feeding off of the internal organs of the host that chose them. They can eat metal and have been known to leave a host unconscious with pain, then they grow slightly and become maximum age, phasing back out of the host's stomach and sticking with their new parent for a day before finding a living or dead host in which they multiply the same way as an illness such as a cold or a flu.

All are scared by loud noises, but only some are scared by water.

They have long arms on their shoulders that they use to keep themselves from moving around too much inside their host, and their head bears a striking resemblance to that of a pachycephalosaurus.

Their color is dark green markings on a 20 - 20 - 20 black pelt and underpelt. Items are a rhino horn and optionally a scorpion tail.

This is an Ikao:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 09:34:43 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: Ikao
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 05:11:37 pm »
Oooh!
This species sounds so dangerous yet interesting; the item combo makes it even more intruiging to find out more about them!
I'd love to see some sort of drawing of one, if possible! They seem really cool c:
not active here anymore ♡

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 03:32:24 pm »
Oooh!
This species sounds so dangerous yet interesting; the item combo makes it even more intruiging to find out more about them!
I'd love to see some sort of drawing of one, if possible! They seem really cool c:
Thank you for reminding me to add pictures! I've made a quickly-drawn picture of an Ikao to put on this topic.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 07:12:00 pm »
Ah!
They are just like I imagined, cute Flying! I love the colors and the expression on that drawing too, it seems like it fits the personality well. Thank you for adding that! ;o; <3
not active here anymore ♡

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
Re: Ikao(Open)
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 08:28:52 pm »
Bumping as this species is open!

My presets.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 04:55:13 am »
I've always been a fan of parasites.
My character, Jason, has a parasitic infestation of worms in his brain... but that's irrelevant to this topic, now, isn't it?

Parasites are a common occurrence, more so than man would like to admit.
Thus, bearing witness to an open specie such as this makes Vespian smile. Perhaps it will bring users to be more comfortable role-playing the monsters inside, albeit the Ikao are far from your average worm, tick, or flea.
gone

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 05:23:50 am »
My character, Jason, has a parasitic infestation of worms in his brain... but that's irrelevant to this topic, now, isn't it?

Thus, bearing witness to an open specie such as this makes Vespian smile. Perhaps it will bring users to be more comfortable role-playing the monsters inside, albeit the Ikao are far from your average worm, tick, or flea.

I too like parasites, I might create a flea-like species to further fill the land with parasites.

I don't mind any of my characters being suddenly infected by a roaming parasite, but there should be a rule in packs of parasites that states that no parasite shall infect a host without asking.

My presets.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 05:47:24 am »

I too like parasites, I might create a flea-like species to further fill the land with parasites.

I don't mind any of my characters being suddenly infected by a roaming parasite, but there should be a rule in packs of parasites that states that no parasite shall infect a host without asking.

Why, of course. Vespian can agree with that. Wouldn't want no harmful feelings or the intrusion of one's character's development.

Again, Vespian is fond of this specie and if a flea-based other is to be crafted, it'll be one I'll look forward to reading about when that time comes.
gone

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 06:31:01 pm »
(being silly) An Ikao ate one of Lan's wires! D:

(back to serious) This is an interesting species and though I myself am easily creeped out by bugs and parasites irl it was quite fun to just role-play the happenings. xD
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 04:13:35 am »
(being silly) An Ikao ate one of Lan's wires! D:

(back to serious) This is an interesting species and though I myself am easily creeped out by bugs and parasites irl it was quite fun to just role-play the happenings. xD
I also find it fun to roleplay happenings like those. :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 04:32:49 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.