Offline .Mars.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • ~Human~
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profi
    • View Profile
Bugs!
« on: March 23, 2018, 02:39:39 am »
Anyone else experiencing any of these problems?

Recently I have been dealing with a lot more problems then usual..
I'm curious if its just me, or if anyone else is having the same issues.

1: Crashing
Lately I have been crashing a lot more then I use to.
Honestly I think this started after the update..
I went from literally never crashing to crashing at times, every 5 minutes..
I am not joking.

2: Failing to connect
Another issuse (becoming a majer one)
Is when I try to join some maps.. it will say ‘Failed to connect’
This wasnt much of a big deal at first since it was maps I downloaded..
I figured it was just the maps.. but now it is starting with the default maps aswell.
This is becoming harder and harder to play because it not only fails to connect..
but also basically ‘breaks..’ my computer..
What I mean by ‘break..’ is that the whole FH game freezes and I cant click out or anything.
After a while I soon have to shut down my whole computer and reboot it.
If not shuting it down, then it takes 20 trys to get it to reload.

Just curious if anyone else is having these problems.. they have become much more worse lately..
otherwise I would not be posting about it.. just thought it may be good to get it out there so maybe it could be fixed.. or reduced at the most. 
An ordinary girl in a monotone world.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 04:19:56 am »
I too have been dealing with a lot of connection errors, however I've always had really slow internet. The crashing problems is a tad odd, considering you're usually in the game and then it crashes after a bit. And then the part with the freezing and all that.
 DO you have an older computer by chance maybe? Or just have too much on the memory drive? I've heard that sometimes an older computer or one with less memory room can effect the game.

You can also do what a lot of people do, and that's change your rendering system. Sometimes that solves the issues.

Offline .Mars.

• Curious Wanderer
  • ~Human~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 04:55:00 am »
My computer is semi old.. not like one of the table pcs though (its uh laptop) though it has been beat around a few times :/ though I have not had problems before.
As for the memory.. I just recently did a hard clean on my computer.. deleting old piled up junk files.. yet the problem proceeds to kill me.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 01:32:39 pm »
I'm going to go ahead and move this over to the Game Help board as these seem more like problems that need a fix rather than a discussion topic c:
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 04:20:55 pm »
In that case, I would go ahead and try changing the rendering system to see where that gets you. I also forgot to ask,
 have you downloaded a lot of mods? Or do you use the preset sync perhaps?

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 05:25:23 pm »
  • Flipping through tabs can sometimes cause the game to randomly crash or when you have too many programs open at the same time while running FeralHeart.
  • Perhaps you've installed content such as mods, markings, items, and/or textures improperly or they themselves are causing errors (as SweetElixir said below).
  • Your computer doesn’t handle the game well due to graphics card issues and you'll have to update your graphic card drivers.
  • You can also set your own preferences inside the options menu inside the game.
    Turn off water reflection, set your view distance to 0 and turn off name tags (you can always turn on name tags after you manage to get in the map).
  • Check if you have any double particles.
    Go to C:/FeralHeart/media/particles and search for any .particle file ending with _0, _1, _2, _3, etc. Make sure to delete these.
  • Since you're using a laptop, try placing yourself closer to the modem, as this might give you a stronger signal.
  • Do not run the browser in incognito/private browsing mode and make sure you have cookies enabled.
  • Try using another web browser to login to the "Play Game" tab or even a mobile device.
  • Make sure there's no security software blocking the game.
    Quote from:
    Open up your Control Panel, located in the Start menu. Depending on which Operating system you use and which layout, it might look differently. But Windows firewall should be in the category "security," or just find the text, "Windows firewall" or "Allow a program through windows firewall". This should take you to the correct place.

Once there you'll get a new window with a list of programs. Try to locate FeralHeart.exe in there and add it to exceptions by marking the checkbox. If you can't find it, and the game to the list by yourself by pressing "add program."
  • Test to make sure that your IP matches up.
    Quote from:
    Go to https://feral-heart.com/myip/ and that will show you the IP address that you're connecting to the panel with.
    Then, download www.feral-heart.com/myip.zip and run it. When it's complete, see what IP address it gives to you and check if it matches with the first IP address. They must match! If they don't, you're probably using a proxy and you have to disable it. Do not post that IP address anywhere!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 05:39:31 pm by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline .Mars.

• Curious Wanderer
  • ~Human~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 08:58:12 pm »
I will try changing the rendering system and see if that helps and I do not use the present sync.. it wont download.
As for the other stuff mentioned..
1: I dont have any extra tabs open when it happens
2: I have installed marks and items but have had them for a while and have never had this problem
3: It has not borthered me before with graphics and I have not downloaded anything that would chnage that I believe
4: I have turned off my water reflections and that seems to help some but works more just for lag
5: I will check that if the problem continues.. though I dont know why all the sudden it would do that
6: And my computer is a handheld laptop.. unless you mean the internet box
7: Im not and yes
8: I have tried that but it dose not work on other browsers
9: Nope

Thanks for all the help guys.. I will retry some of these suggestions if it proceeds.