Poll

What is your reason for blocking someone?

Spam
0 (0%)
Being annoying
10 (34.5%)
Trolling
7 (24.1%)
Name calling
3 (10.3%)
Beggars
0 (0%)
People yalling in CAPS
1 (3.4%)
Annoying advertisements
1 (3.4%)
Other
7 (24.1%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Your reason for blocking someone  (Read 5137 times)

Offline Wolfgirl656

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • breathin' in the chemicals
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Your reason for blocking someone
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 03:40:36 am »
Sometimes its just people being plain out trolls and or throwing sexual jokes at me constantly and wont leave me alone.
A few times i've had to block for trolling,people teasing me and chat speaking to me and annoying me because I dont curse when I ask them to please stop and leave me alone then you have me blocking a person who was begging for me and some friends to leave and saying 'she was here first' in the Lagfire (Bonfire) cave area thingy.
Anyways,I have to agree with Caelsti as well,but sometimes the person can still doing embaressing things to you such as buttswinging you even if their blocked.
probably going to be very inactive on the fourms so contact me ingame by the name vanillablossom or wolfgirl656?

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 06:07:48 am »
Yes, but once they're blocked they actually can't see you either, which I absolutely love ^_^

I think blocking is extremely useful and helpful.
Blocking vanishes the blocker and the blocked from their computer screens, so arguments could be avoided, and so then reports don't have to be made. Both can continue what they were doing and soon forget eachother, and you can always unblock the person the next day ;D
Out of sight, out of mind.
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Babe

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 08:52:36 pm »
If I am being harassed, bullied, trolled, taunted, or messed with when I clearly do not want to be messed with.

Wudiin

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 10:17:29 pm »
I rarely block people, unless they are one of those creepy stalker kinds, or if Were rping next to another large group, I may temp block people to reduce lag, but I tell the other person first XDD

Offline SheebaWolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
    • SheebaWolf on deviantART
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 12:49:40 am »
I haven't blocked anyone yet (hopefully I won't need to), but if I ever do need to in the future it will be because of either inappropriate/bullying behaviour, trolling, or anything else negative that would tick me off x3

Rukata

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 11:25:28 am »
Any of these bad internet manners are acceptable to me if you're a friend and it's in a very joking manner; it's a minor release of your trololol!

- I voted for Trolling since that's my biggest pet peeve on online games. If you're trolling you get instantly blocked, since you should never feed the trolls.
- Spammers, CRUISE CONTROL, and Advertisers are always annoying too, and get an instant block from me when seen.
- Name calling isn't cool, man. I may argue with someone who does this, but I usually don't block them unless it's coupled with trolling, in which case, INSTA-BLOCKED.
- Beggars aren't worth taking up my block list space.