Author Topic: Particle help? Possible collab?  (Read 1126 times)

Offline TheDeerKing

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Particle help? Possible collab?
« on: September 21, 2018, 05:40:38 am »
Is this even the right thread wheeze..

Hewwooo!
I know I recently created a post on another thread, but here's another! I need help creating specific particles for my map rip. I have the png! I just don't know how to create the particle file? I'm also afraid to mess with my particles since I've crashed about 30 times due to accidental duplicates...

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: Particle help? Possible collab?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 10:45:41 am »
Nothing wring with making a new particle, but the can duplicate, it's a common glitch we live with.

So you'd have to make the material (like you do with a preset) but if the particle is fire or lightening related, use "scene-blend add" in the pass before texture unit.
Then comes the challenging bit,  Making the particle file itself and have it behave in a manner similar to how you want.
What i did, when i used to make those, was to find one that behaved in a similar manner to how you'd like it to (the default ones are a good starting point, but re-name everything on the ones you make)  That's how i learned.

If you have doubts about your skill at making the game not crash, try a second installation of FH along side your first one & do the experiments in that.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

WolfWorms

Re: Particle help? Possible collab?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 04:36:09 pm »
Particles are always tricky. I suggest playing around with Ogre Particle Lab. It's super handy. I'd be willing to try and make the particle for you if you're not comfortable with tackling it on your own, you can send me a PM if you'd like.
I would attempt to type out step-by-step instructions here, but even I find it confusing!