Author Topic: Lions vs Hyenas & Lion Fighting. (Short guide)  (Read 9095 times)

Ritza

Lions vs Hyenas & Lion Fighting. (Short guide)
« on: May 26, 2011, 11:47:01 am »

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
Re: Lions vs Hyenas & Lion Fighting. (Short guide)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 12:41:38 pm »
Thank you for posting this.
Hopefully 2 hyenas wont go up to my male lion and "rip him to shreds" as they like to say lol.
I just love it how much they like to bite me in the neck and kill me instandly. I mean comon... i dont have a mane for nothing. The mane protects the male lions neck from fatal bites actually that could kill them instandly.
Thats another reason male lions dont really want to try and bite their opponents in the neck (if the opponent is a male lion that is).

On the hyenas end:
there have been situations where hyenas hunted and succesfully killed female lions(looked up vids but not posting them. to graphic, and goory for young viewers). So females are in grave danger if they are alone or only 2-3 in a group and facing a pack of hyenas.
Plus hyenas when hunting or killing lions dont actually kill them. They tire them out, let them bleed, and eat them kind of alive. (hence why im not posting links).
So if a lion does get caught by hyenas.. they are in for great pain, and a slow death.

Offline Dee-dee96

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 12:35:46 am »
Very interesting and imformitive :3 I've definatly found out stuff that I didn't know before. I'll certainly keep this in mind while rping, thank you for taking the time to post this! :D

Do something right
No one notices
Do something wrong
No one  forgets

Hopp

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 12:43:55 am »
Thanks for posting this.. I never knew that lions didn't just go for the throat. Thanx :3

Ritza

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 03:37:46 am »
No problem :3

Twiliac

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 04:10:05 am »
xD, I knew this even before I started rping. :x. When I was younger all I use to watch as Animal planet 24/7 xD.

/Knows wayy too much about animals.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 09:19:27 am »
This certainly shows the dominance between the males and how they fight, I noticed they did a lot with they're faces, legs and back. Also, the female lionesses went for the rival male, you can see how its such a family co-ordinated battle.

I did know this before lol, but I think this will help a lot of other peeps. <33
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 09:23:08 am by Zaroque »
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

12dollars

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 12:43:29 pm »
Interesting things you've posted. I always lol at the people who god mod saying bites in the neck and kills instantly. Hopefully this will help people to roleplay better ^^

Offline Kamaete

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • Wings would be good if I weren't afraid of heights
    • View Profile
    • Kama-ItaeteXIII @ DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 01:14:41 pm »
Thank you for posting this.
Hopefully 2 hyenas wont go up to my male lion and "rip him to shreds" as they like to say lol.
I just love it how much they like to bite me in the neck and kill me instandly. I mean comon... i dont have a mane for nothing. The mane protects the male lions neck from fatal bites actually that could kill them instandly.
Thats another reason male lions dont really want to try and bite their opponents in the neck (if the opponent is a male lion that is).

On the hyenas end:
there have been situations where hyenas hunted and succesfully killed female lions(looked up vids but not posting them. to graphic, and goory for young viewers). So females are in grave danger if they are alone or only 2-3 in a group and facing a pack of hyenas.
Plus hyenas when hunting or killing lions dont actually kill them. They tire them out, let them bleed, and eat them kind of alive. (hence why im not posting links).
So if a lion does get caught by hyenas.. they are in for great pain, and a slow death.

First, I find it kind of offense that you say "as they like to say lol" because it implies everyone playing a hyena is like that. >.>

Second hyenas, canines and most other mammal predators excluding most felines and I think bears do not kill their prey before they eat it.  They aren't efficient enough to completely kill their prey, so they dig in while it's dieing.  Felines and bears have longer teeth and stronger jaws which enable them to crush their prey's skull (Jaguar, Bear) or suffocate them (other felines).   Also, hyenas do not eat lions.  Usually.  They rip them to shreds, but don't eat them. (I don't know why, but lions don't eat hyenas either, usually.  That fuels the whole, hyena vs lion war in nature. >.>)

This is informative, I hope others can use it. /someone needs to do a wolf one, lolololol.
...In my pants.

Ritza

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 01:55:56 pm »
No problem you guys. Actually DoW has hyenas, lions, wolves, and African Wild Dogs, so one for wolves, Awds, and hyenas are coming right up next, as soon as I have them done I'll slap them up on the FH site as well so you guys can look at them too. :3

Thank you for enjoying these, I really do hope they helped someone out. ^_^

What always got when is when a lone stranger comes in all the females wander over and are like. "new male" *swoon!* When really it's like "new male?" *attacks* :3