Author Topic: Some emotes that I created are crashing, but there's nothing wrong in the code.  (Read 882 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
This emote of mine crashes the game on my PC:
[Leedle Leedle Leedle Lee]
LipShrink=1
JawOpen=1
BrowRaiseR=0.8
BrowRaiseL=0.8
ShowTongue=0.35
TongueUp=1
EarPerk=1
ShowTeeth=0.4

I see nothing wrong with the emote's code, do you? And only some emotes are crashing, all of the crashing emotes are emotes I created, all of the default emotes work and so do most of the emotes I made. What causes this and how is it fixed?

I've replaced the Emotes.cfg with one that wasn't touched in months(Putting all the emotes into the old .cfg first).

It also crashes on the other install of FH(The one without the trees) which I know wasn't running when I tried to replace the current Emotes.cfg with its own.

Also crashing is this:
[Gasp]
LipShrink=0.25
JawOpen=0.5
BrowRaiseR=0.80
BrowRaiseL=0.80
EarPerk=0.3

I could select emotes all the way down the list of emotes without crashing until I clicked on that emote. I've not checked to see if the crashing has spread to emotes above like a disease is running rampant in my Emotes.cfg.

EDIT: I just thought about it some more, and found out that the crashing emotes can cause public maps to randomly crash if someone's using an emote that's in the same spot as the crashing emote. I don't want to let my work and time I spent creating these emotes go to waste. But... Kuri is also experiencing the same crashing with some of the emotes, not sure exactly what emotes, and they received the Emotes.cfg months ago.

I copied my emotes into a fresh default Emotes.cfg, but the crashing problem's still not fixed.

I don't want to let my work and time I spent creating these emotes go to waste, but do I have to delete the emotes that are crashing?

And are the emotes crashing beyond repair?

I've looked at the code many many times, and I still see nothing wrong with the code.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 11:30:32 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
For your earperks, you didn't specify R and L. Try splitting it into EarPerkR=1 and EarPerkL=1 for both of those emotes. The game doesn't recognize simple EarPerk

You are amazing <3

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
For your earperks, you didn't specify R and L. Try splitting it into EarPerkR=1 and EarPerkL=1 for both of those emotes. The game doesn't recognize simple EarPerk
Thank you so much! ;D

That fixed the emotes. :)

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
No problem! You oughta post some screenies of your emotes sometime, I'd love to see what Leedle Leedle Lee looks like ;3

You are amazing <3

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Locking this topic up since it has been resolved!
Glad you got it sorted out c:
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.