Author Topic: "Failed to connect to map server. Retry?"  (Read 1100 times)

Offline StellaSparkle

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • ShiniingStar
    • View Profile
"Failed to connect to map server. Retry?"
« on: August 05, 2018, 04:22:27 pm »
Recently I've being trying to play FH, but it doesn't work..I log in into the page, enter the game, but when I try selecting a character, it loads until it says "Failed to connect to map server. Retry?". I have reinstalled FH, reseted home and go home with all characters, tried loggin in into other browser, but it still doesn't work...Am I the only one having these problems? ;-;

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: "Failed to connect to map server. Retry?"
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 08:10:36 pm »
Do you recall recently installing a marking/item pack, a modification, or the Preset Sync? You could be experiencing an excessive amount of lag when you enter maps due to an add-on, so it prevents you from reaching those maps. If you think this could be the culprit my recommendation would be to revert back to the regular default version of the game, without any markings or modifications. If your computer has been known to have trouble running games, you may want to opt for the "Light" version of the game when you re-install instead of the Full version.

How long has this issue been occuring? If it as only happened recently but you do not remember downloading any add-on, it could be that the maps froze out on you due to traffic in populated areas. If this is the case, you might try giving it a few hours to a day before attempting another log-in. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline GigglesTheHyena

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
    • AuBurneyTheHyena
    • GigglesTheHyena
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 04:54:32 am »
Recently I've being trying to play FH, but it doesn't work..I log in into the page, enter the game, but when I try selecting a character, it loads until it says "Failed to connect to map server. Retry?". I have reinstalled FH, reseted home and go home with all characters, tried loggin in into other browser, but it still doesn't work...Am I the only one having these problems? ;-;

Nope. I'm having the same problem. When I get in the first time, I get kicked out of the map instantly, and when I try to get back in, it says "Failed To Connect To Map Server. Retry?", and after about 4 tries, I finally get back in just to get kicked out again! I tried EVERYTHING. I'm glad to finally find that I'm not the only one suffering this problem.

Meet Chubster! © ChekachekaFisi/GigglesTheHyena
T.U.F.F. Puppy © Butch Hartman
What's up, y'all! T.U.F.F. Puppy Fan & Animal Lover here! Like This Adorable Genderless OC? Check out my deviantart! @AuBurneyTheHyena.deviantart.com/

Offline StellaSparkle

• Forum Newcomer
    • ShiniingStar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 01:47:24 pm »
Do you recall recently installing a marking/item pack, a modification, or the Preset Sync? You could be experiencing an excessive amount of lag when you enter maps due to an add-on, so it prevents you from reaching those maps. If you think this could be the culprit my recommendation would be to revert back to the regular default version of the game, without any markings or modifications. If your computer has been known to have trouble running games, you may want to opt for the "Light" version of the game when you re-install instead of the Full version.

How long has this issue been occuring? If it as only happened recently but you do not remember downloading any add-on, it could be that the maps froze out on you due to traffic in populated areas. If this is the case, you might try giving it a few hours to a day before attempting another log-in. c:

Not except for the old FH maps! That's the only thing I downloaded. But my laptop is pretty bad so I need a new one, maybe that's the problem? Hopefully I'll be able to play again soon.. :<