Poll

Are you rooting for Kira or L?  

Kira
1 (14.3%)
L
6 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Kira or L? *Death Note-SPOILERS ABOUND*  (Read 6177 times)

Offline xXKitsuneNinjaXx

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I am the Annoying Homestuck.
    • View Profile
    • I WILL DO TUMBLR TOO
Kira or L? *Death Note-SPOILERS ABOUND*
« on: August 11, 2012, 07:09:16 pm »
Just wanted to know how many people on FH read/watch Death Note, and what side they're on. Personally, I'm on Kira's side. I don't know, I just feel like there's something more like-able about him than L. Even though he's playing the role of God, I think that this 'God,' is really no worse than who he actually is. All those people will die someday, and nobody really cares for petty criminals, or big ones for that matter. I'm not saying they deserve to die, but an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

I don't believe that it's right to kill the innocent people, though, but I couldn't help but get a sadistic smile whenever he killed Raye Penbar, the FBI Agents, and Raye Penbar's wife (was it Misora Naomi?). I don't think it was right, though.

I feel like most people are rooting for L, and I can see your reasoning, but, if you answer this post, can you tell me anyways? I gave you my reasoning as to why I root for Light.

SoulRevenge

Re: Kira or L? *Death Note-SPOILERS ABOUND*
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 11:15:39 pm »
I'm rooting for L, too bad he (SPOILER) Dies by Light's Death Note though =w=.

I root for him because, well he wants justice. It sounds stoopid, but whatever x3. I guess I sort of like his cool and calm personality, not to mentioned that he pretty much solved the case and such.

I'm not on Light's side for reasons though- I mean, criminals might deserve to die, as that should be their penalty, but Light killed some innocent people, and some criminals that really didn't do much.

Oh yes, another reason I support L tis' because L inspired me to become a Detective when I get older! x3. (Aren't I an idiot? CB)

Offline xXKitsuneNinjaXx

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • I WILL DO TUMBLR TOO
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 02:40:09 am »
I honestly have no idea what I'm going to be when I'm older. I want to be something interesting, that will change everyday, maybe an adventurer. It would be cool to have the Death Note, though, and I'd probably use it for the same purpose as Light.

Don't worry about the spoiler, I had a feeling that the gods were on Kira's side from the beginning. But, for others, please make the size of it smaller.

Offline SukiMikora

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Cuz I'm Johny Yong Bosch! ...Nah... I'm just Guy..
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 02:29:46 am »
L!!! DEfinately L!! I am an L fangirl to the core.
1. He is HAWT
2. He is cool
3. He is AWESOME
4. I luvz him!
5. He loves sugar!!! I love that little sugar addict!
6. He can be extremely funny at times, like the "BANG!" scene, and killing his banana X3
7. He is the good guy.
8. He is sweet =3
9. He cares about people. Light doesn't.
10. I, Suki Mikora, Am, Most undoubtedy, An L, FANGIRL!
11. He's so huggable! SKLEE!!!
   I LUVZ MAH L!!! -Huggles L-
I'm so Johny Yong awesome! I'm obsessed with penguins! I AM THE PENGUIN KING!! Cuz I'm Johny Yong Bosch!
-Guy Cecil, Tales of The Abyss The Abridged Series

Offline Krazoa

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • ASweetWolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 08:32:32 pm »
What I like about Death Note is that I can relate to it even from a personal level. I've had the thoughts that Kira's had but I don't have an actual Death Note so I get on with my daily life. However I also understand and respect L's views. Now with that mini intro xD

L Lawliet is the side I'm on. (that is his full name, i've got a little book which has details of all the characters, including the birthdays xD also did you know. L dislikes socks.)

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 12:41:18 am »
I didn't root for either of them. Light was just a power-hungry douchebag, and L seemed to care less about saving people's lives than winning this 'game' against Kira. I was a little shocked to see L die, but I wasn't sad. As for Light, well, he got what was coming to him. Though I must admit that Light's death (in the manga) was actually pretty moving. I actually ended up feeling just a teeny bit sorry for him, if only because he looked so vulnerable and pathetic flailing around and crying like that.

I was pretty much rooting for Light's dad, and Rem. Rem was the coolest supernatural surrogate mom ever. Misa did not deserve her.

On a slightly unrelated note, I find this so ironic. 99.9% of L-related fan art portrays him as being 'OMG KAWAII DESU NE~!', yet he was supposed to be this creepy ugly character, to really set him apart from Light.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 12:54:25 am by Abomine »

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline SukiMikora

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Cuz I'm Johny Yong Bosch! ...Nah... I'm just Guy..
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 05:15:28 pm »
...Abomine, ya sound like you don't like L... BAD ABOMINE!! X3 LOL Anyways, just watch L: Change The World and you'll love L forever. He is soooooo sweet to those kids! OMIGAWD I love him!!! I wish he was my brother!! -Huggles L- Seriously, just watch that and you will be L obsessed. That is, if you like kids X3 I loved little Near and how L took care of him <3
I'm so Johny Yong awesome! I'm obsessed with penguins! I AM THE PENGUIN KING!! Cuz I'm Johny Yong Bosch!
-Guy Cecil, Tales of The Abyss The Abridged Series

Offline FeralPlayer

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 06:07:55 pm »
KIRA all the way

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 12:11:56 am »
...Abomine, ya sound like you don't like L... BAD ABOMINE!! X3 LOL Anyways, just watch L: Change The World and you'll love L forever. He is soooooo sweet to those kids! OMIGAWD I love him!!! I wish he was my brother!! -Huggles L- Seriously, just watch that and you will be L obsessed. That is, if you like kids X3 I loved little Near and how L took care of him <3

I've heard of that book, but I never really got the chance to pick it up. Next time I see it at the library, I'll check it out. Who knows? Maybe I'll become an L fangirl too! :D

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline xXKitsuneNinjaXx

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • I WILL DO TUMBLR TOO
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 12:30:26 am »
Gladly part of the minority. Don't get me wrong, I like L, and he's a better person than Kira. However, Kira is a lot cuter.

However, it's not Kira I fangirl over-it's Light. Those episodes where he wasn't Kira-at first, I wasn't attracted to him. I was disappointed that he had lost that kind of bad-ass edge to him.

Later, I realised he is not worthy fan-girl material because he is a murderous womanizer. He wouldn't care about me, only about me aiding him in being Kira, and I'd probably die in the end of it.

However, Light is both sexy, smart, and has all the perks of L as well as cuteness ~<3