Author Topic: Child Friendly Animes or a Website That Censors Them?  (Read 2131 times)

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Child Friendly Animes or a Website That Censors Them?
« on: March 15, 2017, 10:30:39 am »
I'm just wondering if anyone knows of either some good "child friendly" animes or a site that would sensor out anything inappropriate?

Recently, I've been looking for a good anime with no nudity/inappropriate references, little to no swearing and not too much gore.

Also, if there is possibly a site that could sensor stuff like this, that would be great.

(I put this under the Discussion Board on FH because I have no where else to really put this. o-o)

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: Child Friendly Animes or a Website That Censors Them?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 12:34:44 pm »
If you're interested in some good anime movies, any movie by studio ghibli would most likely be okay for children. Most of them are rated G-PG with the exception of some of the more violent and emotionally heavy ones (I'd suggest looking up the individual movie and reading a synopsis before watching). Some child friendly ones I can think of off the top of my head are "My Neighbor Totoro," "Kiki's Delivery Service," "The Cat Returns," "Ponyo," and "Spirited Away," (Though be careful with Spirited Away if you're looking to show it to a younger audience, it does contain strange content that may be frightening to some children).

Some individual anime series that are very child friendly (That I can think of off the top of my head xD) would be:
Sailor Moon
Tokyo Mew Mew
Chi's Sweet Home
Little Witch Academia (A two episode short on Netflix)
Cardcaptor Sakura

Hope this helps you out!<3
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Snoozysnore

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Lookin’ handsome…but it’s no time for that
    • larkenox
    • larkenox
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 03:37:28 pm »
I don't watch a lot of anime, but I really enjoyed Polar Bear Cafe! It's cute, and innocent as far as I can remember. Not many swears, if at all, and definitely worth checking out!
The episodes are free to watch here <: http://www.crunchyroll.com/polar-bear-cafe

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 04:31:06 pm »
I've very picky about choosing and watching Anime, but some of the child-friendly ones I watch (which
SURPRISINGLY is most) include
Folktales From Japan
Chii's Sweet Home
GeGeGe no Kitaro
Yo-kai Watch
Digimon

Most of them I know you can stream online on either Netflix or This
Though GeGeGe no Kitaro is very very difficult to find, the ones from the 60's at least, but on that site
i linked there is a more mature-set version by the name of Hakaba Kitaro

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 05:30:05 pm »
well uh, Steven Universe isn't really an anime (but it does have its moments)...

the only other "child-friendly" anime i can think of is Sonic X, but most people dislike it :')

other than that, i wish you luck on discovering the type of anime you're looking for!

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 06:59:08 pm »
I have watched a few Studio Ghibli movies, and they have been very fun to watch! I sadly only have Hulu, YouTube or if there is a free site where you don't need an account, but I will try to check the animes out! (When I get back. On the forums right before I need to go.)

Also, I used to watch Sonic X a SUPER long time ago before I even really knew it was an anime. I would eat McDonalds breakfast, sit in front of the TV and watch it even though I barely knew the plot or what was going on.

Edit because I needed to add more:

A lot of "child friendly" animes can also seem TOO child friendly, almost like a kid's cartoon. But I guess it is sort of? I've also found another (very short) anime called Nyanko Days. It seems to be pretty child friendly, only one "inappropriate" joke at the very end of an episode, and it's not showing nudity or anything.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 03:34:37 am by A.P.S. »

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 02:00:41 pm »
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood :D

Offline Michen_S

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • michensneeuwhart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 07:08:12 pm »
I saw the first quarter of the anima Kirby: Right back at Ya!. Can't get much more family-friendly than that. Other than that, I don't know of many animes. I'm actually only just getting deeper into them...

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 07:19:10 pm »
Ooh, I remember watch the Kirby one. I didn't finish it though, thanks laziness. I think I'm gonna re-watch it some time though.