Author Topic: Should Rattlesnake Republic be on Animal Planet?  (Read 6723 times)

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
Re: Should Rattlesnake Republic be on Animal Planet?
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 01:00:03 am »
If they're hunting things for "the lulz"/because they can without reason, then I'm taking back what I said earlier.

Because I think when people senselessly kill things without a purpose is wrong.
Like for example when you see people hunting deer just because they want their giant rack of antlers :\

Offline Windance

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Om nom om om
    • View Profile
    • My Preset Thread
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 04:26:31 am »
   This hasn't' been touched for a bit...but I was disgusted when I saw that Animal Planet--of all places--had a show like this. I'd expect some hicks killing animals on some daytime tv show or low-brow channel, but Animal Planet? That channel used to be about animal education, and people showing how other creatures are important to our ecosystems. It used to be about animal rescues, and how some animals contribute to society. It's kind of sad to know the same channel that used to have shows like The Crocodile Hunter with Steve Irwin and Amazing Animal Rescues would devolve into Hillbilly Handfishing. :/

I don't find this show to be educational about the animals whatsoever, and actually think it is promoting mass killing of animals for profit, which should be the OPPOSITE of what Animal Planet stood for.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 11:48:26 am »
Killing animals for compitition, trophies, items, sport ect i find wrong, unnecessary and completly unfair. I always thought Animal Planet was a channel to show documentaries on the lifestyles of animals and the animal rescuers, basically educating us on these animals. Seeing that Animal Planet has a show like this i guess what i thought is wrong. This could influence people turning them all into game hunters or something. Its not like we need anymore, we've got enough as it is!
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Marilyn

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 11:07:14 pm »
Animal Planet and the rest of the Discovery channels are going downhill in my opinion. History Channel is about the apocalypse, aliens, monsters and various other fillers like American Pickers, (American) Top Gear and Ice Road Truckers. Discovery Channel's doing well as it can cover a wide array of topics. But Animal Planet is nothing but cutest puppy this, cutest kitten that, more monsters and people surviving in the wilderness? I'm not really surprised such a show is on the channel, they seem desperate for viewers rather than sticking to their main subjects.
I remember waking up in the morning and there was a show on every day about conservationists. I don't even remember what it was called, but it's a shame it and Jeff Corwin seem to have disappeared off the face of the planet. xD

Offline Aliwolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Woof.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 11:51:32 pm »
Animal Planet and the rest of the Discovery channels are going downhill in my opinion. History Channel is about the apocalypse, aliens, monsters and various other fillers like American Pickers, (American) Top Gear and Ice Road Truckers. Discovery Channel's doing well as it can cover a wide array of topics. But Animal Planet is nothing but cutest puppy this, cutest kitten that, more monsters and people surviving in the wilderness? I'm not really surprised such a show is on the channel, they seem desperate for viewers rather than sticking to their main subjects.
I remember waking up in the morning and there was a show on every day about conservationists. I don't even remember what it was called, but it's a shame it and Jeff Corwin seem to have disappeared off the face of the planet. xD

Your'e exactly right, and were you thinking of Steve Irwin?
Beautiful avatar by Okami Shiranui/WolFanny!

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 10:19:36 am »
No. Jeff Corwin was another wildlife show host thing. I think it was called The Jeff Corwin Experience or something. I can't remember.

Offline Aliwolf

• Woof.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 08:37:23 pm »
No. Jeff Corwin was another wildlife show host thing. I think it was called The Jeff Corwin Experience or something. I can't remember.

Yeah, I remember that guy, he was awesome. When Mairilyn said that she couldn't remember the names of conservationists, that's who I thought of. And also, their slogan now is "Surprisingly human." I think this reflects that it's more about the people now. (Not that people shouldn't be there :))

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 10:02:13 pm »
Well apparently its true that animal planet died with Steve Irwin. Sad times. I used to love that channel when I was younger.

Offline Aliwolf

• Woof.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 11:30:53 pm »
Well apparently its true that animal planet died with Steve Irwin. Sad times. I used to love that channel when I was younger.

yeah.... that man was my idol. At least we have planet earth.

Offline Marilyn

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 12:07:05 am »

Your'e exactly right, and were you thinking of Steve Irwin?
No, it was just a show about random conservationists. I don't remember much of it except they caught animals, gave them tracking collars, etc.