Author Topic: Lycanthropes/Werewolves/Therianthropes  (Read 2931 times)

Offline xXKitsuneNinjaXx

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I am the Annoying Homestuck.
    • View Profile
    • I WILL DO TUMBLR TOO
Lycanthropes/Werewolves/Therianthropes
« on: May 29, 2012, 03:31:16 am »
  Well, I've recently gotten back in with the shifting crowd, and I'm proud to say that I don't regret the decision in the least. I just think it could use a bit more members. I'm not gonna advertise any packs, or therian-meeting places at this moment, but I will tell you what therians are (in case you were wondering) and you can determine whether you are one or not. If so, feel free to comment below and I can give a few resources that may help you.

First, look at the Greek roots in the word 'therianthrope.' 'Theri' means 'animal,' and 'anthrope,' means human (therian is simply the short term for it). This is the denotation, but the connotation is slightly different. When people refer to themselves as therians, they do not mean they are half-human half-animal. They mean that they are their theriotype in their human body (theriotype=animal type. Do the maths)
Anyways, many therians will experience an Awakening either prior to learning what a therian is or after. Most of the time it is when you are very young, but you do not recognise it as an Awakening until you learn about therianthropy. An Awakening is when you realise you are different than other humans, that you are an animal on the inside. Therians have to do a lot of meditating to find their own theriotype, most of the time. Most therians believe themselves to be wolves when they first delve into therianthropy, mainly because of Hollywood. When's the last time you heard 'werefox?' Of course, that doesn't mean that no one is a wolf. I am a wolf therianthrope, specifically a Canis Lupus columbianus, or British Columbian Wolf. Either that or a Canis Lupis crassodon, a Vancouver Island Wolf. I still need to do more meditating on that. My totem, or spirit animal, is a fox, of course :3.

I cannot go into full depth of therianthropy, but I can tell you a little about shifts. There is much controversy on whether some shifts are real or not, but I will tell you of all of them, whether you believe them or not. Please do not deny any of them, people are entitled to their own beliefs. Simple as that.

M-Shifting (Mental Shifting)-This is one of the easiest forms of shifting. When you shift your mind into that of your theriotype and begin to act like your own theriotype as well

Ph-Shifting (Phantom Shifting)-For me, this usually occurs involuntarily. It is when you grow 'phantom limbs' that you feel should be there, such as a tail or ears. You usually use this 'phantom limbs' to convey emotions that you cannot with your own limbs without even thinking about it.

A-Shifting (Astral Shifting)-I really don't have enough info on this type of shifting, but I believe it is where your spirit leaves your body and takes on the form of your theriotype.

D-Shifting (Dream Shifting)- When you shift into your theriotype during a dream, whether it is lucid or not.

P-Shifting (Physical Shifting)- This is the hardest shift, as well as the one with the most controversy behind it. I, for one, do believe in it, but you do not have to chew me out. This is where you physically morph into your theriotype.

These are all the shifts I remember at the time. If therianthropy piques your interest, I can supply you with many resources. Just ask me anything you need to know and I will comply. If you do not believe in therianthropy, I don't care, that's your belief, just go somewhere else instead of playing therapist.

The therian community is growing smaller, with all the people losing faith. So, please, if this piques your interest do not hesitate to ask. No one will judge you, and if they do here, there are other sites you can go to. Just make sure you go to the right ones. Therianthropy is not rolepaying in any way, shape, or form. It is completely real, and is your own personal experience with the spiritual realm and your theriotype. I you think I am making this up, there are many other sites that will prove you wrong. Of course, there are bad sites that roleplay and lie about shifting. I advise you not to go to these sites. Remember, all the right friends in all the right places.
Like I said, I won't advertise any sites, unless you ask me for some. I have lots of resources you can use to become an expert at therianthropy in no time ;D

Offline xXKitsuneNinjaXx

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • I WILL DO TUMBLR TOO
Re: Lycanthropes/Werewolves/Therianthropes
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 03:27:09 am »
> bump >

Offline xXKitsuneNinjaXx

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • I WILL DO TUMBLR TOO
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 08:40:14 pm »
> again bump >

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 11:59:47 pm »
I think this is a very interesting thread, Kitsune. I'd like to know a little more about it ;)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline xXKitsuneNinjaXx

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • I WILL DO TUMBLR TOO
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 12:57:54 am »
I'm glad :3 Do you want a link to another site about it, or would you like me to just tell you more information on this forum?

AccailaWolf01

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 01:01:01 am »
Ah, damn I am one!

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 01:28:29 am »
Either way will do, i dont mind.

By the way i love the top middle picture in your signature, i cant stop looking at it :D
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline xXKitsuneNinjaXx

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • I WILL DO TUMBLR TOO
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 03:34:38 pm »
Thank you :3

Anyways, I can give you a link. I don't know if there's much else to learn besides shifting, but there's actually a lot of sites on therianthropy. I think the best ones would be this:

http://sites.google.com/site/shiftingdata/

There really isn't a lot more I can explain on here that isn't explained in that link.
Oh, and there is a shift I forgot-

Au-Shift (Aura Shift)-Where you shift your aura into that of your theriotype, I think. I don't completely understand this one : /