Author Topic: What are some things that you don't understand?  (Read 1211 times)

Offline .::Silver::.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I think I watched too much SD...
    • View Profile
What are some things that you don't understand?
« on: June 17, 2012, 10:13:17 pm »
You see, many people don't get certain things and I have a list of things I don't understand! Here is my list of things I just don't get :

1. Why people hate on a race or something someone does
2. Why they would invent games such as Grand Theft Auto which makes crimes look good
3. Why some 5 year old kids play games that are rated M - for Mature
4. Why there is such thing as a crime
5. Why people think that the environment is just a dump
6. Why some movies, shows, products, and other things encourage people to make the wrong choices

I just don't get some things of humanity at all.
Many humans think it's just okay to pollute the environment or sell drugs without a purpose.
Can anyone relate to me in any way?

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
    • View Profile
Re: What are some things that you don't understand?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 10:40:02 pm »
I must agree with you on several points here.

Racism has always been a problem, and apparently it always will - because no matter how far we have come or how many efforts we have made to mitigate differences betwixt the races, there will always be some kind of primordial trigger which says "You are different." - even if differences are only aesthetic, people tend to fear what they have not been readily exposed to or do not entirely understand. Withal, I do not condone racism in any way, shape, or form - and I think it's awful.

As for the games - statistically, violent games such as Grand Theft Auto tend to (most of the time) prevent violence instead of promote it. This is because us, as humans, have violent instincts. Video-games allow us to get those violent instincts out without actually hurting anyone - so games such as Grand Theft Auto definitely have a certain appeal when it comes to that aspect. Though I concur when you say that younger kids playing such a game is unacceptable, because it is. Parents should raise their child correctly, and not subject them to the horrors of the world at such an early age.

One problem which I find, like you said, is the media itself. Every day we are incessantly bombarded by commercials, television programs, and movies which tell us what to do, inform us what to buy, tell us how we should think or react, regale us with useless information on the lives of other people, tell us all of the awful things which are currently occurring in the world, incline us towards different fashions or mannerisms, et cetera. All of these things are things that people should come to a conclusion to by themselves, and without the incessant din of media shoving all of that information into their faces.

I also don't understand cruelty - why a person I don't even know feels the need to walk up to me and either chastise me or ridicule me when I've not harmed them a whit - but I suppose that's just the way the world is.

Anyways, that's my input. :3

Offline .::Silver::.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I think I watched too much SD...
    • View Profile
Re: What are some things that you don't understand?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 11:06:09 pm »
I'm glad you agree with certain points.

Even though you did mention that Grand Theft Auto does actually prevent crimes, and lets people let their feelings out to a game to prevent harm to someone in reality it can still encourage people to swear and when they say these words to their children or out loud so a child can hear it can cause the child to think it's either a good a bad word and possibly get in trouble by saying it out in school or such places.

I'm also hoping everyone agrees that young children shouldn't play games like Call of Duty or Halo and stick to games like Mario Kart. Parents should be more responsible and not buy their kids inappropriate aged games. I play Zelda games and it's age appropriate for me and many people, but kids should avoid some of these games because of certain pop ups or random scares. I know some parents that ask their children to show them a video of the game they want.

Also the main age group you find taking advice from media is Teens and above.

Clearly people need to just make right choices and be responsible for their actions.