Author Topic: What are your thoughts on hunting and fishing?  (Read 17582 times)

Offline jazminj323

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • you touched me! how dare you touch me!
    • View Profile
Re: What are your thoughts on hunting and fishing?
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2013, 11:58:22 pm »
hunting for sport=no
hunting for food=im ok with it

fishing i love i love to fish we only keep the fish if they are good to eat and area good size

inner beauty come from within

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2013, 01:08:01 pm »
I'm against it, because there is hunting/fishing in excess... :c

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2013, 03:33:17 pm »
I'm against it, because there is hunting/fishing in excess... :c

There's such a thing as eating in excess. Does that mean you are against eating in general?

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline .:Moonstar:.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2013, 09:32:59 pm »
Hrm.. well, here are my opinions:

I believe in hunting 'food' animals. Like, deer, moose, etc.. herbivores, the animals that are usually food, and I only like it when they hunt it FOR food. I hate it when people just kill it to kill it and say, "Hey! New trophy!" Just.. no.

I don't exactly like the hunting of predators.. Most people don't EAT predators. Predator hunting is usually for sport, which I strongly dislike. I mean, who ever heard of eating wolf or cougar? Predators are higher in the food chain, and they are not meant to be hunted for food. That is what the 'prey' animals are for. Like, deer, rabbits, etc. The kind of animal people will actually EAT.

Hunting for food is okay, but I hate sport hunting... it's just wrong.

Offline jazminj323

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2013, 09:42:21 pm »
Agreed^^

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2013, 11:31:24 pm »
I don't exactly like the hunting of predators.. Most people don't EAT predators. Predator hunting is usually for sport, which I strongly dislike. I mean, who ever heard of eating wolf or cougar? Predators are higher in the food chain, and they are not meant to be hunted for food. That is what the 'prey' animals are for. Like, deer, rabbits, etc. The kind of animal people will actually EAT.

Predators are hunted for more reasons than just sport. They are also culled for the sake of population control. Take the timber wolves in Alaska,  or the alligators in Florida. Their populations have exploded, they are causing damage to themselves and to their local ecosystems because there are just so many of them. And it's not like the government is just handing guns and beer to local rednecks and telling them to shoot every wolf or gator in sight. It's tightly controlled and highly regulated, and nothing is wasted. Alligator meat is commonly eaten in the southern states, while their hide goes to leather products. As for the wolves, the fur is used for clothing (typically spiritual kinds for religious ceremonies, like headdresses), and the meat goes into dog food.

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2013, 12:18:49 am »

Predators are hunted for more reasons than just sport. They are also culled for the sake of population control. Take the timber wolves in Alaska,  or the alligators in Florida. Their populations have exploded, they are causing damage to themselves and to their local ecosystems because there are just so many of them. And it's not like the government is just handing guns and beer to local rednecks and telling them to shoot every wolf or gator in sight. It's tightly controlled and highly regulated, and nothing is wasted. Alligator meat is commonly eaten in the southern states, while their hide goes to leather products. As for the wolves, the fur is used for clothing (typically spiritual kinds for religious ceremonies, like headdresses), and the meat goes into dog food.

What Abomine said is true. I've been out fox hunting before, but it was in a place where foxes and other small predator animals were overpopulating. With over-population, the population of some species of doves, quails, and pheasants were going down fast. On that hunting trip, I didn't see anything or get any foxes (just a rabbit). There are laws that do protect predators under certain conditions and seasons. It's illegal to just shoot any game animal without a lisence/permit, or out of season. There is really nothing wrong with people hunting or trapping the predators for sport. The only time it's wrong is when they are breaking the state hunting laws and regulations, hunting out of season, and poaching.
Inactive

Offline CombiningWorlds

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2013, 06:02:11 am »
Hooboy, I expected a load of 'aboos here screeching about how cruel hunting was, but I see most people are nice and kind in their replies. c: Anyway, I don't see what could be wrong with hunting. If it were hunting illegaly, I'd say no, but if it were for food, population control, etcetera, etcetera, then I'm completely fine with it. Some people do actually hunt predators for food. Dear balloons I want to taste wolf meat now! (flails arms helplessly) Anyhow, I'm also fine with fishing as long as endangered animals aren't what fisherpeople are aiming for. I've actually tried going fishing before using some kind of clay like food (I was too squeamish to touch the worms) but I hadn't any luck. (flails again)

As a stamp I'd seen before on deviantART said: It is possible to love animals and still eat them! Clocky is out~

| | Clockwork | |

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2013, 10:51:10 am »
I see nothing wrong with hunting for food or because of overpopulation. We are omnivores, so we eat meat like animals. However, hunting for sport and fun is wrong and I'm completely against it. It's the same with fishing.

?(=^???^=)?

Offline jazminj323

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2013, 11:06:54 am »
Agreed^
Altho i do fish ffor sport we always release the fish after