Author Topic: Shut Down Surabaya zoo  (Read 1466 times)

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Shut Down Surabaya zoo
« on: March 01, 2014, 09:15:17 pm »
Hey guys, this is the first time I've really spread the word I guess, but this is extremely important.

In Indonesia, there is this zoo that has horrifying conditions for these animals and I really don't know how to explain. Though, I guess I could say as mentioned in the petition, nearly 25 animals die every. Single. MONTH there, and I don't even know why the crap they didn't even shut down in the first place. It's horrible. I'm sure some of you may agree with me too, and trust me, this is real.

Sign the petition, please: http://www.change.org/petitions/kepada-ketua-www-dprd-surabaya-go-id-shut-down-surabaya-zoo-due-to-cruel-and-scandalous-conditions

This really needs to stop. I'm not even sure if I should provide you any pictures of these cruel conditions, but... if I need proof, then fine.

Elephant

I don't feel as if I'm even comfortable in showing anymore, please understand and help, though?

Sorry if I seem harsh or offend anyone since this is my first time, thanks... ;-; Also, please spread the word! We're almost there! <3

~Hugrf

Offline Firewolf10

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Shut Down Surabaya zoo
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 10:03:54 pm »
I've signed. Those conditions are unacceptable.

Signature By: snowdonice
Find Me In-Game As: Firewolf10

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 10:08:50 pm »
This is completely vile and disgustin'. Why would anyone put innocent animals under such conditions? Just for the money? For tourist attractions? Why some human beings decide to do this and deem it to be 'Okay' is beyond me. As ye've stated yerself, this has to stop.
I'll see to it to sign this petition and spread the word around to my acquaintances. Thank ye' for bringin' this to the community's attention Ms. Hugrf.
gone

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 10:49:13 pm »
Yep, I've heard about the horrors in Surabaya Zoo.

One of the tigers there -not sure if it's the one in the link you've posted-, well it ended up biting it's own tongue off due to the amount of pain it was in. I'm not sure if it was a tooth ache or some kind of mouth infection that drove it to that but it never got treatment. The tongue then got infected and nerves were hanging out of its mouth. Poor thing ;_;

Why would anyone put innocent animals under such conditions? Just for the money? For tourist attractions?

Not sure if this is true or not but I think they're "lacking the funds" to improve any living conditions. I don't see that as an excuse for the mistreatment of so many.

My question is that if the zoo were to shut down, where would the animals go?
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Firewolf10

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 10:51:44 pm »
I bet most of them would have to be put down if they couldn't be saved. That tiger at the link looked like it was missing an ear.

Signature By: snowdonice
Find Me In-Game As: Firewolf10

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 11:14:49 pm »
I'll be signing.
That is horrible for animals to be kept in captivity in that condition. I don't like zoos to begin with- The thought of having animals be kept in a pen to do nothing.
If I were a tourist, I'd be disgusted seeing animals in that condition. I couldn't stand for it.

Why would anyone put innocent animals under such conditions? Just for the money? For tourist attractions?

Not sure if this is true or not but I think they're "lacking the funds" to improve any living conditions. I don't see that as an excuse for the mistreatment of so many.

If they're 'lacking funds', don't have a zoo in the first place. That's what I have to say about that. They could donate them to a better zoo, but even then, they'd probably have to be put down from their previous living conditions.

My question is that if the zoo were to shut down, where would the animals go?

Sadly, I have to agree with Firewolf here... They'd most likely be put down. That's horrible.

There is no excuse for this. Those poor animals.

lindaminda

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 10:10:17 am »
Oh my God.
Poor animals, going to sign!