Author Topic: Strangers....ugh...  (Read 1694 times)

Offline aerotechway1

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "Just walking by!"
    • View Profile
Strangers....ugh...
« on: April 13, 2014, 06:23:25 pm »
Anyone else feel a little bit uneasy when some strange person comes up to you and wants to start a conversation? Well, I sure do!

Lately, when I go to some places to do my errands (e.g. groceries) I can't even walk outside without some dude walking up to me and asking me random questions. Of course, I just ignore them and keep on walking. Yes, I am careful and I follow every precaution to stay safe and I always carry my phone with me in case of an emergency. With all the kidnappings going around, I always tend to keep to myself and only respond to people that I know.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not that socially awkward, just, cautious. I often feel uneasy when some strange man just keeps on staring at me, like some statue. It's like, they're staring right into your soul and not saying anything. At other times, they try to talk about how pretty I dress, and I get the feeling that they want me to well...you know....and that's a reason why I don't like wearing sleeveless shirts, bathing suits or shorts out in public!

And for the most scary part of all (for me that is)....when some random person drives up to you while you're walking and asks if you need a ride. My answer? Nope! I'm no Little Red Riding Hood! I don't care if it taking a car will get me to my destination faster, I'm not going jump into some car with a stranger! I know that not all people are bad, but you just don't know who they really are nowadays. And you can't just assume that they are friendly just by looking at them. You're gonna need to seek out a background check to figure out someone you don't know!

Anyways, do any of you guys feel this way?

"Deep in contemplation."

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Strangers....ugh...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 09:02:35 pm »
You're not alone. I can find it to be really awkward..
Especially when I was younger. I found it to be awkward enough yo talk to people I actually knew..
But as I got into service jobs like ny current and when my mother had her betting shop, I grew for socializing with randomers.
I've never really been afraid of being kidnapped, or something in those lines..
I just don't like people. xD
RETIRED.

Offline Honest~Faith

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I'm baaack!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 09:17:52 pm »
That always happens to me, It feels awkward and I don't like it. When a stranger asks me random questions, I start blabbing something that doesn't make sense, I'm usually in a lot of pressure. What If the answer is wrong, what if I don't understand the question? I don't like talking to strangers, maybe to elders. Always when I walk to school, there's a really kind elder that always talks to me, I feel comfortable talking to the person for some reason, I don't know why though. When someone walks beside me, they usually say hi. I say hi as well even though I'm having trouble with saying that. I guess I'm shy.

In-game username: Honest~Faith

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 10:32:27 pm »
I don't mind it too much, if it's just a quick hello or they ask "how are you?" as they walk past. I've never really had anyone come up and start talking to me very often at all but when they did I couldn't hear them and just replied with "umm yeah" or "I don't know" and they just walked off with an awkward look.

That always happens to me, It feels awkward and I don't like it. When a stranger asks me random questions, I start blabbing something that doesn't make sense, I'm usually in a lot of pressure. What If the answer is wrong, what if I don't understand the question?

I find myself an awkward person to talk to. I babble on a lot and notice the person isn't even listening. Sometimes I can't pronounce a word and I'm all "da bleh bleh blah!". Much awkwardness Dx

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not that socially awkward, just, cautious. I often feel uneasy when some strange man just keeps on staring at me, like some statue. It's like, they're staring right into your soul and not saying anything. At other times, they try to talk about how pretty I dress, and I get the feeling that they want me to well...you know....and that's a reason why I don't like wearing sleeveless shirts, bathing suits or shorts out in public!

I've had men stare at me as I walk past ... well my butt mostly... ;_; and it makes me uneasy. I try to walk away as fast as I can but that just makes myself look funny xD I can agree with you there, and with the clothing part also. When I wear shorts they just get shorter when I walk and I'm always trying to pull them down a bit because I feel a little embarrassed wearing them. I don't wear singlets down the street unless I have another shirt over the top. When it's summer though I don't really have a choice, it's too hot to wear anything else. People stare and I hate it.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline CalliCat1113

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -10
  • Larkspur/Starline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 12:07:58 pm »
Woops... another old post..
Sorry. didn't realize until I looked.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 12:36:01 pm by Calli »