Author Topic: Where did your drawing style come from, what inspired you?  (Read 2591 times)

Offline AmarisMingan

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Luck is a shimmer in the darkness.
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profi
    • View Profile
Where did your drawing style come from, what inspired you?
« on: February 11, 2015, 06:39:02 pm »
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 06:42:15 pm by Amares »
Av - AzureHowlShliach

Offline Revulsion

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Call me Eel.
    • View Profile
Re: Where did your drawing style come from, what inspired you?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 12:48:38 am »
Ooo. I love your arts, Amares.

To be honest, I started out quite similar. When I was about three or four, my sister would attempt to teach me how to draw, giving me references of various Pokemon for me to practice on. I eventually got a feel for things and started drawing traditionally for several years until I tried my hand at digital art. Wolves were the only thing I would draw at the time. I slowly moved on to other critters, and then people. More specifically, anime. For a longer period of time, I was inspired by Disney's The Lion King and would base my canine characters off their particular art style. But then I was introduced to Instagram, which means I was introduced to many types of artists with different art styles and bam. Creativity and inspiration. I tend to change my art style every few months or so. Possibly even annually. It depends on how I feel about the current one. Some artists who gave me inspiration: From dA; Akreon, Autlaw. From IG; Itsbirdy, Cyarine, Kovu_the_Fur, Heartlesskii, Kaweki, and many more.

I might show some of my arts. Might not. But yess. There is my little story.

In-game User: Revulsion

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 01:03:20 am »
I think who's most inspired me is NinjaKato, who's absolutely amazing -- as well as cozrion (formerly quickmill), whose species are the best and has totally awesome drawings! though I took to the more realisticish style of things, I'd love to paint like griffsnuff. I also have touches of my own; of course! if you'd like to check out my style, my deviantart is here.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 01:11:53 am by Spottedbears »

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline Bluparrot

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 03:53:49 am »
I draw Pokemon too! I sometimes draw them traditionally, and sometimes digitally. Here is a picture I did recently:

Shake it!
Blu Parrot - The Pokemon Fanbird of FeralHeart

Offline AmarisMingan

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 10:28:47 am »
Awmg. Nice drawings ye lots have, Spottedbears & Blu Parrot!

And glad you eyed my drawings with pleasure, Endy. I really appreciate it and you guys stories. I'm amazed. ^^
Av - AzureHowlShliach

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 11:22:03 am »
All of your arts are gorgeous! ^^

I started to draw at a pretty young age, I think I was about 6 or 7, my inspiration came from the anime "Ginga Nagareboshi Gin" - I started out with drawing on just a regular piece of paper. Then a few years back I started to scan my paper doodles to my computer and used Paint and GIMP to color them, and then went to only using GIMP - drawing with my mouse.
I then had started to go more towards a Disney/Cartoon style, and TLK style.

Then finally I got myself a tablet, and PaintTool SAI, and I'm still mostly inspired by the TLK style c:
My DA is Swallowz

I have all my old and new art on there, so my watchers can see where I started and where I am now with my art style cx

Offline AmarisMingan

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 05:59:34 pm »
Thank you so much Shallow! I adore your story and especially your work as well! Seen lots of them in the Feralheart Art group. Keep up the good work! ^^
Av - AzureHowlShliach

Offline Derpiederp

• Experienced Traveler
  • I can't feel sorry for you.
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 07:15:24 pm »
My style mostly came from my head, but got better the same time I started watching anime...
*cough*
Well, if you want to take a look at it, here~:
http://thescorpionqueen.deviantart.com/

There is a thing that hurts more than pain. Most people call it sadness.
Profile pic by me~
In game as Derpiederp
My deviantart is TheScorpionQueen
Feel free to check it out~

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 10:01:53 pm »
My style is inspired from a mix of Youtube animators, various animal movies (Balto, Felidae, etc.) and even some anime fanart.

But most of it is from my own head, modifying these styles to my hand.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

wolfdog01

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2015, 07:15:31 am »
I think I started in....5th grade??? Idk...probably earlier than that. I think the last drawing I had was from either 2012 or 2011, anything beyond that and Idk lol.
Idk where my style came from. I watched a whole bunch of documentaries as a child and I adore animals so I tried to put my ideas onto paper, and here I am now lol. A few of my friends wonder how I can make like a horse-dog, or a tiger-turtle in a matter of minutes and out of the blue, 'cause some of them have to see something to draw it. I can usually make up anything out of my head lol. Just tell me whatcha want I guess. In elementary school I had taken art classes that were required and I loved working with pain and colors. Then in Middle school I took an art class and that was fun, High school same thing. And now in my Tenth year of HS, I am in sculpture and I LOVE it! So I expand my art horizons everyday it seems like. I love going out of my comfort zone when it comes to art. I've done everything from Photoshop, to pastel, to tablet, and to clay and plaster. But...the pencil and paper will always be my true love <3

I feel like I went waaaay off topic X'D whoops...But here is my art thread on here :P (Nu I don't have a DA because I know I would forget to update it..in fact I plan on updating my thread sometime this week....OH and I use a Sketchbook Pro with a Waccom Bamboo Tablet ^^)

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=45953.0
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 07:17:53 am by ~Thyme~ »