Author Topic: Where did your drawing style come from, what inspired you?  (Read 2592 times)

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Re: Where did your drawing style come from, what inspired you?
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2015, 07:54:27 am »
I've been drawing all my life. My style is sketch-y, never neat, trippy, and semi-disturbing.
I have many different style of wolf headshots. Some look like vintage Disney characters,
some look like one of those Chinese dog statues, and some just have an uneasy feel to them.
It's my thought of it, anyway.

Examples:

And here's my dA. karnivalkidd.deviantart.com

Offline AmarisMingan

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Luck is a shimmer in the darkness.
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 08:05:16 am »
Haventgotraoundlookinghereagain

Awesome creations you guys have really! Love to see how far a brain can level up your skills to make masterpieces and such thing.
My compliments to all of the talent. ;u; Bet there are many more!
Av - AzureHowlShliach

Offline CrookednBusted

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 05:56:00 am »
My style has always changed with experimentation. I can recall drawing when I was in the 2nd grade, though it wasn't something that was sound in artistic elements, I didn't get truly sound in my artwork till around the 4th grade. But when I was growing into learning, I used to look into a lot of Osamu Tezuka's works. Eventually I began working on making a unique artistic identity when I began following Yasuo ?tsuka's illustrations to Lupin III.

In the beginning in my discovery of learning the foundation of art, I tend to enjoy leaning towards a more of a style that looks gritty, sketched, and a combination of completion/incomplete elements. Even thought one of my professors never really liked my works to be emulated that way. She always thought it to be sloppy, and unprofessional. But what does she know she's old, haha.

He just up and left.?

Offline CrookednBusted

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 06:03:19 am »
Coloring has never been my thing, which should be if I want to be diverse in my artwork. Once I felt my linework was complete, *Cringe* now to coloring. And when I would fill in color it'd look like I have done a terrible job, or makes me see more visual mistakes than I would have anticipated.

I'm such an confused artist. xD

He just up and left.?