Author Topic: Can i haz teacherz plz?  (Read 2450 times)

Offline Akakios

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Can i haz teacherz plz?
« on: March 12, 2015, 02:27:13 am »

Hey ya floofs, I'm kinda looking for a teacher.
I want to learn about coding, for like making websites, using proboards, and making games like our wonderful FH. I will be trying to kick out on my own, but having people to talk to and ask questions about coding and programing sounds like it'd be a big help. If anyone is interested, you can post right here.
I don't have much to offer but I could draw you pictures, make presets, or make you a map if you'd like.
I'm not very good.

Offline TheExperience

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Been Busy
    • http://unfilteredart.deviantart.
    • View Profile
Re: Can i haz teacherz plz?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 05:17:54 am »
THE BIG QUESTION IS........

BBC or HTML?
Because this site is predominantly BBC as well as proboards, however most people like sites involving html. ?

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 09:20:48 pm »
As for making games like FH, it uses OGRE3D (not a popup/ad), it uses C++ I believe. You will also need money if you want to host the server 24/7.

For websites, you can start off with HTML, I'm pretty sure this is the simplest and easiest to learn computer language.

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Akakios

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 09:58:17 pm »
Thank you for replying you guys.
To answer your question, probably both. BBC is higher on the priority list if that is what proboards uses.

Thanks again for the information, I didn't know I'd need cash for the server to run 24/7.
How hard is it to learn C++?

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 06:39:09 pm »
Well I believe you could turn a computer on 24/7 while leaving a cmd-type server on. You will waste energy, but eh. I guess that's an option. At least for IT I guess.

I didn't start learning C++ yet but I would classify as medium I guess. Just practice.

In-game name as: Whinp

Echoing harmony

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 06:41:45 pm »
Hmmm, I don't know much about coding; I still need to get into college for that actually.

Offline TheExperience

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Been Busy
    • http://unfilteredart.deviantart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 07:17:32 am »
Well for HTML I used this website to learn. C:

BBC codes, I can actually help with, however, I have a basic tutorial somewhere. I'll post it on the tutorials board and link it here. <3

Offline Akakios

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 12:11:05 am »

Really? That would be wonderful, thank you!

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 10:59:54 pm »
A few days late but HELLO.

For games, I'd actually recommend learning the ins and outs of Unity3D's engine over OGRE3D (which is not a standalone games engine afaik). I've never seen Ogre3D pop up anywhere in my freelance line of work; it's generally unreal/unity these days in the indie market. There's so, so many tutorials and online resources revolving around Unity-- and it's free! Animal games are definitely possible-- I believe Lif was made in unity. But for ease and simplicity, do give it a try if your heart isn't set on Ogre! It may be a bit less daunting than learning multiple different packages.

(Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong; I just make the arts and textures. I've little coding knowledge at all!)

Offline Akakios

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 09:04:07 am »

I've seen unity around, I just wasn't sure animal games could be made with it. I'll definitely have to look into it. I'm just waiting for school to end so I can cram my summer months with all the research and technobabble. And spring break, really want spring break.