Author Topic: School Advice?  (Read 1255 times)

Echoing harmony

School Advice?
« on: September 01, 2015, 05:41:47 pm »
You might see this posted alot on the forums but hear me out.

So I got my High School Schedule & apparently I'm now being put into some sort of 'Personal Classes' program. I'm a little ticked off because I kinda like how my classes were before & I'm really really scared that I will get bullied for it & people will think really differently of me.
If you have any advice, please leave a reply  :'(
My PTSD & anxiety are really getting to me.

Offline Monsignor

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Something Wicked
    • View Profile
Re: School Advice?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 06:07:36 pm »
Hi there, I am sure many members of the community can relate to the way you are feeling right now. I wouldn't think too much into it and I doubt anyone will have an issue with you being put into a more personalized class. If someone says something to you, don't be afraid to go to an adult. You should not be ashamed because at the end of the day these specialized classes are only benefitting you.

I'm sure it must be very hard and frustrating, but try to see this as a positive experience and, of course, don't let anyone else get to you. They're probably just jealous of your excellent choice in video games... LiS rocks!

Best wishes & good luck!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 06:10:28 pm by SmalltownCop »

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 06:25:26 pm »
Don't be afraid, Echo. It does seem like a very frustrating situation but I doubt anyone will confront you for being placed in those particular classes. If they do, never listen to what they have to say because their opinions do not matter. Go and see an adult immediately so that they can do something about it, because having to deal with this will only make things harder on you throughout the year. Always remember that you have friends and family who will help you as well, and that these classes will benefit you as Cop said. If other students bully you for that, then they most likely have nothing better to do.

If you need any help, feel free to shoot me a PM. I don't want you to be afraid. I wish you luck, Echo, and I hope everything turns out alright.

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 07:20:15 pm »
People bullying you? That is non-sense! Don't be scared of what you are doing and if people actually try to pick on you, ignore them but if it keeps repeating, tell the teacher about the issue and they will be able to sort something out. You are the one who will be making your future and if you want a successful one you should be caring about it rather than thinking about other people. These lessons that you will have will boost you and I go for personal classes. :) People picked on me a few times, but you know what? I didn't even care about one word they said because it doesn't make sense for a person like me, and you. Right now, I recommend you to keep pushing yourself to the top and continue your fabulous world in high school. You are put there to learn and to show your parents how far your levels can go! :3

And are you taking those lessons because you're weak on a subject or for extra work? Don't be shy, I won't say anything that you'll ever take personally. It's normal these days and people will come across personal classes. The best thing on earth that you can do, is read a ton of books. This is useful because you will have an increase in reading levels for English and you learn variety of things such as: New vocabulary. It also makes you smarter and when exams come, it'll be very easy for you!

Echoing harmony

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 07:34:11 pm »
Hi there, I am sure many members of the community can relate to the way you are feeling right now. I wouldn't think too much into it and I doubt anyone will have an issue with you being put into a more personalized class. If someone says something to you, don't be afraid to go to an adult. You should not be ashamed because at the end of the day these specialized classes are only benefitting you.

I'm sure it must be very hard and frustrating, but try to see this as a positive experience and, of course, don't let anyone else get to you. They're probably just jealous of your excellent choice in video games... LiS rocks!

Best wishes & good luck!
Don't be afraid, Echo. It does seem like a very frustrating situation but I doubt anyone will confront you for being placed in those particular classes. If they do, never listen to what they have to say because their opinions do not matter. Go and see an adult immediately so that they can do something about it, because having to deal with this will only make things harder on you throughout the year. Always remember that you have friends and family who will help you as well, and that these classes will benefit you as Cop said. If other students bully you for that, then they most likely have nothing better to do.

If you need any help, feel free to shoot me a PM. I don't want you to be afraid. I wish you luck, Echo, and I hope everything turns out alright.

People bullying you? That is non-sense! Don't be scared of what you are doing and if people actually try to pick on you, ignore them but if it keeps repeating, tell the teacher about the issue and they will be able to sort something out. You are the one who will be making your future and if you want a successful one you should be caring about it rather than thinking about other people. These lessons that you will have will boost you and I go for personal classes. :) People picked on me a few times, but you know what? I didn't even care about one word they said because it doesn't make sense for a person like me, and you. Right now, I recommend you to keep pushing yourself to the top and continue your fabulous world in high school. You are put there to learn and to show your parents how far your levels can go! :3

And are you taking those lessons because you're weak on a subject or for extra work? Don't be shy, I won't say anything that you'll ever take personally. It's normal these days and people will come across personal classes. The best thing on earth that you can do, is read a ton of books. This is useful because you will have an increase in reading levels for English and you learn variety of things such as: New vocabulary. It also makes you smarter and when exams come, it'll be very easy for you!
Thank you guys, you really got me out of a rut. Being a bully victim again is a great fear of mine, It either ends with horrible flashbacks/memories from old schools or an angry outburst. So this really helped me out. As someone once told me a long time ago "Learn you boundaries, then teach yourself to shatter them down". Thanks again guys free snuggles for everyone  :D

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 07:47:51 pm »
As a former bully victim myself, don't be afraid! Trust me, High School is much better than Middle School, the bullies kind of melt away, and if they don't, keep your head held high! If you stand your ground and show you're not afraid of them, they won't have any reason to bully you, because they feed off of your fear. Don't be afraid to tell someone if you're generally feeling threatened, because trust me, you're not alone! (I had a hard time believing this back when I was bullied, and that thought alone put me in a very, very dark place.)

Just focus on your schooling and do the best you can, ignore the negative influences around you, and make it through! I believe in you. c:

Good luck, Rebel!

in-game: hooli