Author Topic: [Late] Halloween Notice  (Read 1463 times)

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
[Late] Halloween Notice
« on: November 04, 2015, 01:52:57 am »
Halloween Notice
'Eyy, I quickly want to put this out there.
I know this is a few days late but I just want to say, please be careful on Halloween and please remember to check your candy before you eat it.

Last night, my friend gave me quite a scare. She was eating her candy when a needle stabbed her in her tongue and she began to bleed. She was so freaked out and crying. Some of her other friends, my girlfriend and I began to panic and do our best to help her as we told her to go wake up her parents and tell them and to get immediate help and the sort. Her parents helped her remove the needle and her father called the police and they said they'll look into the case and check all the candy bags for the 2 blocks she Trick-Or-Treat'ed on. After quite this shock that had put me under a panic attack and tears, I want to make sure to get the notice out so the same thing doesn't happen to anyone else.
On Halloween days, please remember that there are jerks out there (-sigh-) and will ruin Halloween for everyone and will sneak something like a razor, needle and sometimes poison into the candy. Before you open a package and began eating your candy, please check okay?
If you do open candy and something of the sort happens, either:
1.) Get someone immediately such as your parents, friends, siblings, neighbors, etc.
2.) If serious enough, please call 911.
Please don't try to act alone, get help. Unless you truly know what you're doing, then go for it but I still advise you should get help.

I know this probably might get locked or something eventually, but I just want to put the notice out there so all of you readers can stay staff on Halloween and such.
Thank you~

(Before you ask, my friend is doing just fine now. Her tongue is slightly swollen and it has a small scab, but she's alright.)

Preach

Re: [Late] Halloween Notice
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 02:07:04 am »
How did a needle get inside a candy? That's sounds petty.

Other than that, I hope your friend is okay. Thank you for the warning.

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 02:10:06 am »
I'm not sure.
Must've taken really still hands and skills for a jerk to do such a thing.
I'd guess they open the packet carefully, stuck one in slowly and closed it up?? I'm not an expert, just what I think happened.

She is, thank you.

Lastly, you're welcome.
I just really hope the same doesn't happen to anyone ;;

S. Italy/Romano

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 03:52:24 am »
Aye, this right here makes me glad I don't trick-or-treat anymore. I just go buy candy at the store.

It used to be fun, but now? Now I keep hearing about these incidents where jerks think it's funny to hurt someone like this and others where actual drugs that look like candy are given out.

Honestly it makes me sick. Just sick to think that another human being with a conscience would voluntarily do such a thing.

Some more info confirming both incidents:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/11/02/pins-needles-halloween-candy/75030916/

http://globalnews.ca/news/2315627/grande-prairie-man-goes-to-hospital-after-eating-pill-laced-halloween-candy/
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 03:58:23 am by Astrologer »

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 10:52:21 am »
Yea.
I've been hearing on the News lately about hidden dangers in candy, so I always tend to use a pair of scissors or something to lightly push down on my candy before I eat it.
But after that shock with my friends, I simply threw out all my candy.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 01:50:03 pm »
The only candy I received was some gummy bears and M&M's from a group thing and recently, some extra tootsie pops from after Halloween... I don't celebrate Halloween, never have, but it's really sad how far people will go on that day not just with candy.

You could literally kill someone by sticking something like that in a candy, though... Not always, but it's possible. Why would someone do that?

Thank you for warning us.

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 01:40:39 am »
Recently, there is a new drug going around in a weird package that takes the form of gummy candy, so I'd be careful eating your gummy candy. It's usually a lot larger than the normal ones, if that helps.
It's known to kill, cause hallucinations and put people in coma's if too many are devoured.

It's sad to see that jerks have to ruin such an innocent holiday for kids with these dangers. You're welcome.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 10:46:55 am »
Recently, there is a new drug going around in a weird package that takes the form of gummy candy, so I'd be careful eating your gummy candy. It's usually a lot larger than the normal ones, if that helps.
It's known to kill, cause hallucinations and put people in coma's if too many are devoured.

It's sad to see that jerks have to ruin such an innocent holiday for kids with these dangers. You're welcome.

I already ate the gummies. Not dead (yet). |D But yeah, again, thank you!