Author Topic: Video Tutorial / Livestream?  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • View Profile
Video Tutorial / Livestream?
« on: November 19, 2015, 12:52:28 pm »
I've been thinking about how should go about making my custom mesh tutorial, and I think I might go with a video tutorial instead of a written one. I just thought maybe a video tutorial would help more people?

In this custom mesh tutorial, I will:
- Route you to all of the necessary tools and help you set them up
- Teach the basics of how to use Blender (for creating simple models)
- Walk you through making your first model
- Show you how to texture your model
- Talk about materials and what everything (or almost everything) in the material files mean (maybe also teach you several awesome effects you can do)
- And then show you how to import your mesh into FH

Hmm... That is quite a lot of information to go through. Do you guys think I should split up these tutorials a bit and create different tutorial videos / livestream sessions dedicated to a specific subject mentioned above?

About the livestream thing I keep mentioning, since my screen recording program I have doesn't work on my new laptop, I decided that I would use YouTube to record instead, but that also opens up the possibility to do a livestream (otherwise I'll just stream myself privately and then release the video publicly when I'm finished). I could also try to answer any questions you guys have while livestreaming.

How many of you would be willing to attend my livestreams, assuming you'll be available somewhere between 6am-11pm MST (mountain standard time) any day of the week?

If watching my livestream is something you're interested in, let me know what time (include your time zone) and day you'll be available so I can try to plan on that. Feel free to pm me if you're not comfortable posting that information publicly.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Video Tutorial / Livestream?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 02:31:15 pm »
I'm on at... About anytime between 9am - 11pm in Eastern Time, actually. Unless I'm busy doing something else, I think I can attend. Nowadays I don't really have much to do, anyway, I don't think.

I think this is a good idea, though. :{o

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Video Tutorial / Livestream?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 05:37:52 am »
Taken note! Thanks for responding. :D